Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290323 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

((Getting on the road soon, will still be able to read and possibly post via phone.))

Arcvasti edges away from the maniacally laughing person with the axe. He looks for any actual laser tag guns or anything like that.
Trying the lockers on one side of the room, Arcvasti finds they contain laser tag guns and vests color-coded for the red team.

Iton drops to the floor crying and muttering words like "why me", "I'm so stupid", "this place is driving me mad" and other things like that
HugoLuman moves over to his side, unsure of what to do but wishing he knew a way to help.
"Hey kid calm down, it's going to be alright... says Boss. Keep it together!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone kind enough to give me a quick summary of the whole game?
((Welcome aboard! I'm afraid I don't have time this morning (getting on the road back home) to review the sheet or summarize the game, but there's a summary of most of it in the OP. You won't hurt too much by just jumping right in, though.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Iton stops crying, looks at his piece of crap peg 'prosthetic' then looks at quasar.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti experimentally fires the laser tag gun at the exposed part of the robot.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman pats Iton on the shoulder, a somewhat awkward gesture even in normal conditions but he hopes it helps. Quasar hops down next to Iton. "Just keep it together, okay? You can get through this. We'll make it out of here, then back to the marines and they'll give you a new leg."

Arcvasti experimentally fires the laser tag gun at the exposed part of the robot.
[1] As might be expected, the gun's batteries are completely run down.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile

Tech witnesses Iton's breakdown, awkwardly shifting her weight onto one leg. She tended to be rather— detached, let's say —in these sort of situations. Back at home, and at school, she would frequently cry until she tired her self out; it was worse back in Elementary school, when her fits were much more loud and violent. She was pushed to be ashamed of crying by the numerous boys who used to tease her for doing such, and when others did it, she just didn't know what to do. What a hypocrite she would be if she were to tell someone 'it's okay' when she suppreses her own emotions.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:36:28 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

blazing glory

((Ugh, major mistake, somewhat overweight but too much=somewhat overweight but not too much))

((So do I just post an action or something...?))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((Ugh, major mistake, somewhat overweight but too much=somewhat overweight but not too much))

((So do I just post an action or something...?))
((Well, you first go through the spawn room which is described early in the thread. like, the first or second post. That's where you get your class and wristpad that allows you to select your abilities each level. Then you choose to either take a glyph to one of the groups or explore the cleared rooms.))

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iton grabs the axe and uses it to prop himself up.

blazing glory

"Huh? Where am I...?"

Blazing Glory (hereby going by Blaze as it's another one of my names and quicker to type.) steps up onto the Dais.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Huh? Where am I...?"

Blazing Glory (hereby going by Blaze as it's another one of my names and quicker to type.) steps up onto the Dais.
Since Hugo is out...

You get grabbed and a device is attached to your arm (pictures in the OP) and you get recommended a class based on your weapon. You can also search through the device.

Kyle heads out the door seeing as he's ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Turns out, couldn't reply on the road since my older brother used the family's phone data for the month by constantly skyping on his phone during the week.)

Quasar jumps back to HugoLuman's back. There.
I didn't tell you to say all that.
Yeah, well, so?
Not totally without empathy...
It was entirely practical. Can't have someone spazzing out and getting us killed.

With Iton seeming (relatively) alright for the moment, HugoLuman walks over to the door in the left side of the locker area, intending to take a quick look before getting back to Iton, then curses mentally. Pull to open, likely so it can be pushed from the other side in the event of a fire. [1] He tries rearing up to pull it open but this just results in falling over on his back, clipping Quasar who hadn't gotten out of the way fast enough.

Aside from the torrent of mental cursing directed at HugoLuman, Quasar squawks out loud "MY GODDAMN WING!"

Kyle heads out the door seeing as he's ready.
The blacksmith stops at the door. "I'll wait it out down here. Be careful out there!"

The door leads to a flight of stairs up to a hatch. Opening it, Zanzetkuken and Kyle find it leads out into a meadow, and is covered with grass and soil when closed such that only those who know of its existence would be able to locate it, and then with some difficulty (and even then possibly not open it). They seem to have emerged within 100 yards of the town walls, judging by the noise and smoke nearby.

(Retconned)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 02:37:10 pm by HugoLuman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle looks around.
"Oh, we should... git while the gittings good."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iton walks over as quick as he can and moves Hugo off of Quazar

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh, BlazingGlory, you should add your sheet to the end of the google doc.))

Oh crap! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!
The exchange was wordless for a few seconds, a wave of pure cursing from one side and apologeticness from the other.
[8] "You fucker... alright, don't think it's broken. Hurts. Sprain maybe. Oh, and uh, thanks kid."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

The door leads to a flight of stairs up to a hatch. Opening it, Zanzetkuken and Kyle find it leads out into a meadow, and is covered with grass and soil when closed such that only those who know of its existence would be able to locate it, and then with some difficulty (and even then possibly not open it). They seem to have emerged within 100 yards of the town walls, judging by the noise and smoke nearby.

(Eh, I was going to have there be an few rooms to head through first, but okay.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 427