Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290585 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

"Well. I AM rifle guy, and I have NVGs. Let's see here..."

GentlemanRaptor fiddles with the night vision device and holds it to his face.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Well. I AM rifle guy, and I have NVGs. Let's see here..."

GentlemanRaptor fiddles with the night vision device and holds it to his face.
((Meant to post this sooner, but snow-based internet problems))
((I have no idea if NVGs are actually this good))

With his goggles, GentlemanRaptor can see more than anyone as he walks down the hall into the dark room. The blocky outlines that HugoLuman had seen turned out to be arcade machines. The room was enormous, but not so much that it wouldn't fit in the visible exterior. There were a few shapes in the distance that looked like mini-rides, and another in the corner that was probably a ball-crawl with pipeworks. There seemed to be 3 other exits to the arcade aside from the hall to reception: far to the left, another hall that the safety-glow line labeled with lightning bolts led into. Across the room, double doors with a sign over them, though not legible from here even with the NVGs. To the right, a large, open archway leading into another dark space, in which GR could see rows of tables and chairs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile

Though it did require a few shakes and alot of switching it off and on, when Tech flicked the flashlight on for what seemed to be the hundreth time, the lightbulb flickered and then [18] illuminated whatever may have been in it's path-- she hadn't been shining it anywhere in particular, as she was convinced it wouldn't have worked. She makes sure to keep it away from the rifle guy, though, since bright light isn't easy on eyes aided by NVGs.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:15:03 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Major internet problems today, sorry for slowness)
(Until today I did not know what these things were actually called.)

The light, as it passed over the space, showed the others what GR had seen. The room was a large arcade, indeed including a few miniature rides and a ball pit with a playplace. The sign above the double doors across from the group read "Laser tag arena," while the area through the archway to the right seemed to be a large dining room, though not all of it could be seen from here. The other hallway off to the left remained indiscernible from here, though a closer look would probably show more.

Quasar called back down the hallway for those waiting in the reception and outside. "Looks like an arcade!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken looked to which abilities she had to choose between.  Of them, she chose the active, "Fade to Shadows" that would allow her to go back to the status 'unseen' and use abilities that required that status if she had not been engaged in a fight in the last fifteen seconds.

A thought came to her mind when she thought back to the previous thread of conversation.  She drew her Gamo Rifle, the bladed gauntlet still around the scope, and removed the sling she had made of her previous life's bloodied shirt, reusing it for the M1.  "You could use these if the blade isn't sharp enough.  I've already got a better rifle and extending blade won't fit around the gauntlets I found."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 02:09:58 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Prophet walks over to the door and peeks his head out   Quasar says it looks like a arcade.

((Quasar is kinda like a piece of you right?))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sorta, in the same way your wisps are (or do they develop personalities later?). He's based on my mind but with a different personality, and his existence is dependent upon mine.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((Civilian grade NVG's are worse then that and block peripherals. Usually increasing viewing range by a few feet at best and don't compare at all to Eyeshine in creatures who have it. Such as cats, dogs, probably Hugo during his werewolfness, owls, other animals, and me due to a fairly rare genetic mutation that aproximately 1.6% of the population has according to research. Military grade usually comes with magnification systems for use as binoculars, although those are bulky and block even more perephrial vision them civgrade. Although it is considerably increased viewrange. Also good NVG's require a specific type of light to be useful. Most military vehicles carry emitters for this.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle shrugs and takes the offered items.
"Well, any bit of loot is good since this seems to be a video game. Hey, maybe we'll find someone who can recycle equipment!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Civilian grade NVG's are worse then that and block peripherals. Usually increasing viewing range by a few feet at best and don't compare at all to Eyeshine in creatures who have it. Such as cats, dogs, probably Hugo during his werewolfness, owls, other animals, and me due to a fairly rare genetic mutation that aproximately 1.6% of the population has according to research. Military grade usually comes with magnification systems for use as binoculars, although those are bulky and block even more perephrial vision them civgrade. Although it is considerably increased viewrange. Also good NVG's require a specific type of light to be useful. Most military vehicles carry emitters for this.))
((I'll keep that in mind for future reference. However, since someone's brought out a flashlight now, it doesn't matter too too much.))

"You guys coming in or what?" Quasar calls back.

((Gotta make sure where people are.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Building feels ominous. I tend to trust my instincts. Prevented me from getting killed a few times."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**I'm coming. After the bladetrousers... I don't like this place anymore. After this place,let's  get the vault open and... I believe the correct term is skedaddle?**

Arcvasti enters through the window and looks around.

**Of COURSE this is the kind of stuff we find. Probably redolent with fuzzy little fucking kitties too.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, GROUPS HAVE MET, 2ND DAY BEGI
« Reply #4077 on: December 25, 2014, 04:02:09 pm »

(Kevak, could you provide a source for that study of eyeshine in humans?)

"I would rather not have those scrapped.  The rifle is the only scrap of my old life, and the blade was the first weapon I had in this one."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile

Cal mewls from his place in Tech's jacket, seemingly in response to Arcvasti's remark. In a comforting gesture, she places a hand on and pets the kitten's head. "Aw, you hurt Lil Cal's feelings."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:18:31 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

*You named him WHAT??*

**I suppose you weren't here for when we found the newspapers. Basically, this place seems to be a classical superhero comicy thing, with a supervillain and superhero with animal motifs. The villain, Dr. Feline obviously won, either by killing the population with large aggressive cats or mutating them into cats. Either way, I'm not touching any of them with a ten-foot pole, however cuddly they are.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 427