Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290289 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

((IRL?
If IRL, roughly 6ft 250~260lbs))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

((I don't have a way of keeping track of my wight at my house so I can't give a accurate answer. Last time I checked I was somewhere between 5'8 and 5'9. What about you Hugo?))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

((Yeah, IRL, unless you've died and respawned. Which so far just includes Zanz and BlitzDungeoneer))
((I'm 6'4" and somewhere around 185lbs. That's around 1.9 meters and ~83kg for metric users. Or ~13 stone for those who use weird old-fashioned English measurements.))
((Without at least a ballpark on this info, I think we may have been getting somewhat inaccurate pictures of each other. I'd thought Kevak was taller, and Cryxis was smaller.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

[[IRLish is  ~5'6" and maybe 130 lbs?. I is youngun. This information may be changed after actual checking of physical attributes.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ya I used what I idealize myself as, if I actually worked out and such......... Ya I'm fat))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((My signup has my weight and height in it~))

(Ninjas!)
It's only a couple miles. Well, I guess there are a lot of obstacles in the way. But we're probably going elsewhere in the near future. We're explorers.

"Your other bodily functions seem to be continuing as normal. It only follows that you would continue to age. To be honest, though, there's no data on players staying in one life for that long, though. If it's any consolation, death from aging wouldn't be treated any differently from other deaths."

"GladOs, you're talking to someone who's mind vomits planets on a biweekly basis. Metaphysics isn't exactly qualified as difficult to me. Just odd and amusing. And I had already guessed all that. Also, I have centuries, by tier 6 of regen, I'll be biologically unageing if this continues to follow how shifters work in my personal lore like it has been doing."
"The first might just be described as imagination. Perhaps you'll have time to attain a tentative scientific understanding of meta-laws. But the unfortunate fact is you'll never truly understand without a mind constructed for it. A person might enjoy a game. A more educated person might appreciate the program behind it. But they will never know what it's like to be that game."
"Regeneration is defined as repairation of the damaged or decayed. Aging happens due to the decay of a specific sequence of subcellular molecules."

@And in theory it's possible to understand anything or be anything~"

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**Ever tried to hold the image of a twelve-sided die in your head from all angles at once, assign numbers to each pointy bit and plotting out which other points they connect to in a list? Or even to represent it in two dimensions on paper accurately? I have. With somewhat limited success. Maybe there are people who could do that better then me. Very probably so. But a computer, even one far less advanced then Tuber-Dos, could probably do it with relative ease.**
Spooky Signature

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((161 cm, 45 kilos/100 pounds almost exactly.))
Huh
You're almost the same size as my half sister........

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Possible. Just hard."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Ninjas!)
"Regeneration is defined as repairation of the damaged or decayed. Aging happens due to the decay of a specific sequence of subcellular molecules."

"Perhaps. Maybe you'll eventually find ways around the limits of your current being. And as you've probably guessed, there are ways around organic aging here. But perhaps you don't realize that age doesn't really matter here. You don't stay dead. And odds are, none of your lives will be long enough for it to make a difference."

So, will you follow us, catdog? HugoLuman asked mentally while listening to the AI.

**Ever tried to hold the image of a twelve-sided die in your head from all angles at once, assign numbers to each pointy bit and plotting out which other points they connect to in a list? Or even to represent it in two dimensions on paper accurately? I have. With somewhat limited success. Maybe there are people who could do that better then me. Very probably so. But a computer, even one far less advanced then Tuber-Dos, could probably do it with relative ease.**
"To most computers, all sides at once would be the default representation. They don't visualize it: every vertex exists at the same time somewhere in memory. The slab of meat that handles the computing in every one of you would find that much harder. For the most part, it needs to translate the raw information into something visual."

"Yeah, but we have other ways of understanding. We can build a system of metaphors and comparisons that, while not literally correct, can get done what needs to get done."

"Metaphors are easy. But in science, they are a crutch."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I have to agree with GladOS on this. That's how I see the stuff I come up with. All in existence and doing things at once. Nothing is on hold in a given iteration of an imagined reality. The other iterations are on hold when I'm not looking at them, buuuut that's more because I figured out how to do that, lessens the headaches."

"And I would rather keep my fleshyness. Since that's sorta like half of my class's function."

"Sure! No reason not to. Whereyagoing?"

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

((5'6/170 cm, and roughly 115 lbs/52 kg. I wasn't kidding when I said I'm mistakable for a child.))
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Towards the center of town, but we've got some people to meet, so if we run out of time we'll probably turn around and head back to where they're waiting. HugoLuman leaned on his spear, looking more ill. We might have another problem before then, too. "Guys? I think I'm getting pretty close here."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Bout to turn? I have rope if you wanna see if that'll do anything."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Bout to turn? I have rope if you wanna see if that'll do anything."

Arcvasti starts raising his eyebrows, but stops halfway.

HugoLuman leaned on his spear, looking more ill. We might have another problem before then, too. "Guys? I think I'm getting pretty close here."

**Maybe your change will actually make the... Quadruped more comfortable with you? You know what they say: Every abyss has the reflection of light off of stagnant water at the bottom~! Assuming you can control it this time. If not... Werewolves regenerate from non-mortal non-silver injuries, right?**
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 427