Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290337 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Talk while we walk then GladOS, I can pay attention to multiple things at once~"

So, do you want to come with us?
"Where to~?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Could you bring her out so we can hear?" We're off on an adventure. Currently towards the city center but we might be going off to meet some more people soon.

"It gets into metaphysics, which I'm afraid your minds aren't equipped to understand. It would take centuries to explain enough to give you even a semblance of a working understanding. But I appreciate a challenge, so I'll try to give you the layman's version. A practical rundown. There are several alternate sets of physical laws at work here. For the most part, things run on what you're used to. But the others override this, and each other. A system of metanatural laws unite these other systems and ensure they work in synergy..."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kevak takes GladOS out of the bag and puts her in his pocket so her voice could be heard better.

"GladOs, you're talking to someone who's mind vomits planets on a biweekly basis. Metaphysics isn't exactly qualified as difficult to me. Just odd and amusing. And I had already guessed all that. Also, I have centuries, by tier 6 of regen, I'll be biologically unageing if this continues to follow how shifters work in my personal lore like it has been doing."

"You aaaaaare aware it's weeks of walking to get to the center right?"

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Then we have to think about the fact of do we age here? Because if we can't die how do we know if we can age?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well if we have a full party wipe, GladOS will be on my corpse, and potential nasties might have had time to move in and claim the stuff."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

True.  Prophet Starts to hum Binks' Sake.

.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Ninjas!)
It's only a couple miles. Well, I guess there are a lot of obstacles in the way. But we're probably going elsewhere in the near future. We're explorers.

"Your other bodily functions seem to be continuing as normal. It only follows that you would continue to age. To be honest, though, there's no data on players staying in one life for that long, though. If it's any consolation, death from aging wouldn't be treated any differently from other deaths."

"GladOs, you're talking to someone who's mind vomits planets on a biweekly basis. Metaphysics isn't exactly qualified as difficult to me. Just odd and amusing. And I had already guessed all that. Also, I have centuries, by tier 6 of regen, I'll be biologically unageing if this continues to follow how shifters work in my personal lore like it has been doing."
"The first might just be described as imagination. Perhaps you'll have time to attain a tentative scientific understanding of meta-laws. But the unfortunate fact is you'll never truly understand without a mind constructed for it. A person might enjoy a game. A more educated person might appreciate the program behind it. But they will never know what it's like to be that game."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Oh, I should mention I'm going to be out of town all day tomorrow. I won't be able to reply to anything in the thread, though I can check on my phone. I may be able to reply in the morning before I leave. The objective is to meet up with Kevak, but there's the chance I'll mess up and get lost along my adventure in public transportation.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Could bring your phone~ I'll be doing such~))

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Dogou

Propman mutters something under his breath as he wrestles with the ropes, wriggling his constricted arms to reach for his letter opener. [20] Against all odds, the dinky piece of steel manages to slice through the first rope, [5] yet snags against the second and leaves the pirate in an awkward partially bound position. He was starting to feel fatigued from the continuous action, and it showed as sweat beaded from his brow and his breath grew ragged.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:14:00 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Dogou

Propman mutters something under his breath as he picks himself up from behind the scenes, straightening his hat and brandishing his sword once more. The pirate takes the opportunity to slice at the ropes while they're focused on his compatriots, dashing into the fray and huffing steadily as his stamina was starting to wear thin from the continuous action.

(Hugo made you trapped in the ropes.)

Edit: (Probably should have posted this earlier.)

Zanzetkuken twists her sword arm in such a way that the sword gets on the other side of the rope, then begins to try to pull her arm towards the other rope, while pulling that trapped arm upwards..
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:57:41 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(He can get out if he wants (and if he successfully rolls vs 2 ropes), but since he'll be gone during the week it might be more convenient for him to remain trapped. Propman, since I'll probably be out of town when you read this, feel free to roll for it yourself. I'm not sure I've been using your system correctly anyways.)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

(Understood, and edited.)
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(After meeting with Kevak IRL, a thought occurs. How tall/heavy is everyone, if you don't mind saying?)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((125ish pounds, 5'9, chronically underweight.))
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 427