Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290118 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Prophet looks at Kevak. I read pretty slow. I like to take my time.  Prophet talks into the walkie-talkie. I hear ya. Over.
(You could try. It would probably take something heavier than a tire iron, but perhaps you could bash the lock. The tools most suited for breaking the door would probably be my axe, one of the picks Kevak is carrying, or GR's rifle, depending on how heavy the stock is.)

HugoLuman looks around. The area seems to be mostly storage, for loading and unloading goods, and the shelves are almost entirely bare, suggesting that the store was indeed closed when whatever happened, happened, as everything had been unloaded into the shopping area. Off to the side there was a maintenance area, locked but with a glass door, where sat several large machines, the AC, water, and electrical equipment most likely. Since the power was off, they were all completely silent. However, there was also something else back there. "Hey guys, I think I found roof access. There's a ladder back here. Over."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

(Ya but it's solid metal and I get a bunous to melee attacks sooooo I thought it may work)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Prophet takes his magazine from SB's hands.  OK. Over.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:52:13 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Ya but it's solid metal and I get a bunous to melee attacks sooooo I thought it may work)
(Well, you could try breaking either the door or the handle (which would break the lock if successful.) The handle would probably be the better bet. Want me to roll for it?)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Ya)

Iton attempts to break the lock off the door to enter the office

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(9+2) Hitting the handle surprisingly hard, presumably from the ability's boost, you smash it off, taking what looks like most of the lock with it. The bolt is still in closed position, so it might take some pushing to force the door open, but it's definitely doable.

(Note: been using hidden rolls for this)
The walkie-talkies blipped. "Guys? Not feeling so good. I think this is my 10-minute warning. Over."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

I just had a funny thought since you are a werewolf we'll have a big dog to protect us from the big cats. Over.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

"We oughta follow proper radio procedure on these things. Might help avoid confusion. Also, time check. Didn't the marines say they'd be heading back to their ship soon?
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Is that said over the radio?)
(EDIT: Assuming it was.)
"Two hours, didn't they say? But, going on what Arc said, and how long it took to eat breakfast, we should still have at least an hour if this is happening right now. Over" He walked back up the hall to rejoin the others. "Oh, and Prophet, can you not?"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:54:40 pm by HugoLuman »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Marines told me only a couple hours so they might be hoofin it soon. Also can someone help me open this door? The lock is off but the bolt is still just barely on

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman, despite his sudden malaise, nodded and slammed the door with his shoulder (after Quasar jumped to the other one), knocking it open and sending papers flying from the organizer hung on the other side of the door. Inside was a simple, moderately sized office, with a very slight layer of dust over most of the surfaces. The natural light spilling in from the windows in the front of the shop, the storage area, and the skylights only dimly lit the room, but it was enough to see by as long as people didn't stand in the doorway.

A cheap-looking desktop of an unfamiliar brand sat on the desk behind the nameplate which said "Thomas Jones," along with a few very neat stacks of papers and a wire cup full of pens. Additionally, there was a modest, IKEA-looking shelf with a few knicknacks on it and a poster on the wall for a baseball team, presumably local.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iton checks his bat to see if it has any team names on it, maybe it got drug into this world.....
(Any enemies for this room or is it just a blank scavenging area?)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((The Urban Jungle is an encounterbased pseudoverworld, only potential enemies known are the large cats. (there are different, considerably less reasonable enemies deeper in~) No enemies in the building currently that are known~))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(These offices are just flavor, with potentially useful loot. Mostly office stuff, but that could be useful, and personal items of the former occupants have a chance to be other useful things.)

Iton's bat is just how it was from his home, aside from the damage incurred from when the demon plant attacked it. The team name on the poster is "The Greyhounds," and their colors seem to be green and white. The knick-knacks on the shelf seem to mostly be usual souvenir type stuff, plastic busts, tiny snowglobes, but one shelf has a few junior sports trophies, baseball and basketball, bearing the names "Julia Jones" and "Samantha Jones."

HugoLuman wiped the cold sweat from his face. "Jeez. It almost makes me forget we're in some messed-up game world. Do you think everyone in this city-room had a whole life leading up to whatever happened?"

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti starts guiltily when Hugo starts talking, midway through stuffing various metal clips and a mini-stapler into his pockets.

**Its actually entirely possible the people from this city were from a hypothetical first test batch, where they just plunked people down into normal life to do whatever it is us "mice" are supposed to do. But it then didn't work out as well as the current RPG format did and the Administrators Deus Ex Machinad them into oblivion with animal motifed supervillainy. Or maybe its just set dressing.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 427