Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290012 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

( so I would put like brute for class and what would I do for an ability, I would just like an example if you don't mind. Then after that I would say move to minefield right?)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

(Well, the system seems to be "adjective-noun", but brute is a good as class as anyway. I imagine a good one would be something like "Hulk-Smash (Active - When activated, Cryxis has the strength of ten men)" or "Strong Back (Passive - Able to walk with twice the load)". It's slightly freeform, so you can just say 'Cryxis goes to the minefield and sees those guys fucking around with spiders by the door' without GM intervention. Make sure to say where you are at the top in bold type, like this: Minefield. I like doing that at the top of my posts when I move so everyone knows where I currently am.)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting area

Iton becomes class Crazed Brute
Iton chooses passive attribute melee mash ( gives more power to melee weapons but weakens ability to use ranged weapons)

Iton moves to minefield

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Make sure to post your profile in google docs, too.)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

The spider finally stops moving and rolls on its back.

"Looks like we're done!"

Suddenly, hundreds of little spiders come out of the body. McDonald starts screaming "NOPE NOPE NOPE" while jumping and fumbling with his lighter.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[5-2=3]Fniff drops his crossbow and starts running in the opposite direction of the door.

"FUCK THIS!"

[19] Somehow, he doesn't end up treading on any mines on the way. What a guy!

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

Thankfully, most of the spiders ran out and away and the remaining are squished and burned by McDonald. He walks up to the big spider and rips out the arrow, noticing the same blue liquid that Fniff has is flowing out. Oh, right, Fniff...

"Fniff, look at thi-" McDonald turns around and sees the crossbow where Fniff should be. He runs out but stops before the minefield.

"Fniff! FNIFF!"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

( I'll put it on google doc tomorrow because I don't have an actual computer right now)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Or might turn me into a furry
A look of discomfort flashes across SB's face momentarily.
"If we need money, we just need to go dungeon diving for loot," Zanzetkuken said.  "You know, I wonder if those transformations would act as a full heal, like they do in Dwarf Fortress."
"I've read a book series where a bunch of kids get the power to turn into animals from an alien. Called the Animorphs. Ever heard of it?
Any way, the morphing heals any injuries they have in either form, because it's based on DNA and not physical stuff. So, like, if they lose their leg as a bear or whatever, and they morph into their human form again, they're not missing a limb or something. Hopefully it's like that, like you said."
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"Though, Hugo's werewolf transformation didn't heal him...  We can't really perform any science on the topic until we get some from a dungeon.  Speaking of which, should we go back to our starting dungeon, or try to find a closer one?  Might as well decide upon it while we are waiting."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(I don't know how to represent the double sided portal door on the map :( In any case I don't see any way people could get through the star wars one atm, since it's a straight hallway with gun-toting people on the end.)

(Before now, people haven't been able to attack rooms from outside, or the hazard within able to chase them out, but IDK if it was an actual rule.)

"Though, Hugo's werewolf transformation didn't heal him...  We can't really perform any science on the topic until we get some from a dungeon.  Speaking of which, should we go back to our starting dungeon, or try to find a closer one?  Might as well decide upon it while we are waiting."
"Actually," HugoLuman feels his jaw, "I think it did a little. That black knight punched a tooth out earlier. It's back now. I think it might just be silver-induced ones that stick. Well, we do need to go back to get that cure, but we should probably ask that shop guy if he needs the whole thing first. For Arc's sake, a closer one might be better for looting, though perhaps the close ones have been deeply delved already."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(I don't know how to represent the double sided portal door on the map :( In any case I don't see any way people could get through the star wars one atm, since it's a straight hallway with gun-toting people on the end.)

(Before now, people haven't been able to attack rooms from outside, or the hazard within able to chase them out, but IDK if it was an actual rule.)

(Double sided doors shouldn't exist, and you shouldn't be able to attack from the outside.  Both are rules.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Well, they are leading into the same room, technically.)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Ah, fuck it. I'm in. (click to show/hide)
((...This is where I put dis right))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:20:40 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Well, they are leading into the same room, technically.)

(Which if I remember right, I stated in the last thread that what is behind a door is in flux until you look through it, then it is completely set to that one thing.)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 427