Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289717 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2280 on: October 28, 2014, 11:59:40 pm »

**Water is decently common. UNCORRUPTED PURE water is much harder to come by, from what I understand. We've seen amnesia streams and lots of potions have major physical side-effects, or so the players in the town assure me.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2281 on: October 29, 2014, 12:01:56 am »

Only drink spawn water, Kay~

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 29, 2014, 12:08:19 am »

Okay!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 29, 2014, 12:28:37 am »

Caroline sees if she can follow the giant humanoid at a distance and see what it is up to.

Snowglobe.

The giant scoops up the penguin and begins carrying it away, taking long strides through the snow. As Caroline follows, judging by the sound of the calls they seem to be getting closer to the other penguins.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:44:50 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 29, 2014, 12:49:53 am »

((That's more then excessive, every room should be reasonably beatable with thinking.))

(Yes and no.  In response to your point, name the last time someone was even wounded from a room in this dungeon within the main group (time travelers don't count because they were meant to die).  Against your point is the combat rooms, which would require skill that quite frankly, none of us would have because I'm pretty certain no one here has been in a life or death fight, much less the stuff we've had to fight.)

(Here to politely disprove that claim, though I'm not part of the main group and have still mostly evaded getting chewed up by the horrors of the dungeon through sheer luck of the dice rolls alone, rather then any actual skills on my part. To make this post less monotonous, have a glance at the bestiary I've been working on:)

The Snowglobe:

Lilium continued to stand in the open, shaded from view only by a small extrusion of snow. She remained curious, and spotting Caroline attempting to follow the towering humanoid, decided she wanted to follow as well.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:58:48 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 29, 2014, 12:59:03 am »

((I like it. I did kill two robots though so I can't be that bad!))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 29, 2014, 01:02:24 am »

((Hm... I should do some more rooms. You guys think you can kill something that can literally break a mountain?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 29, 2014, 01:06:25 am »

((Probably not.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 29, 2014, 01:07:35 am »

((How big is the mountain?
Also, how long does it take to break the mountain?))
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 29, 2014, 01:08:41 am »

((One swing. Thus the reason I'm not going to make people fight a real Oni.))

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 29, 2014, 01:09:56 am »

((Please no! I barely won against those two robots so noooooo!))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 29, 2014, 02:23:28 am »

((You should add that I have GladOS's core and plan on reanimating her with a potato~))

((Kj, I dun think we can fight that.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 29, 2014, 03:39:19 pm »

(In the past, in terms of events)

Zanzetkuken noticed as he crossed the bridge that he had leveled up again.  He noted that both options had changed.  His options were now, 'Identify I' or 'Enhanced Poison Crafting I'.  Checking the descriptions, it appeared that the latter gave him an attunement to be able to craft poisons more effectively, as well as knowing which items would be useful in the creation of a type of poison.  The other allowed for the identification of the value of items and a single feature, which could range from the obvious (likely) to obscure (unlikely), or the price of a bounty upon an individual, as well as level and class, depending upon how effective it was determined to be.  Poison Making could be useful  to making my swings more effective...but Identify has a bit more versatility, he thought, selecting the option.

Having a thought, he decided to draw the steel sword, and test the ability upon it.  (Sword Effect Check (1-95: nothing  96-100: something): 100  Quality (using this table, minor): 41) (Identify Check: 56) The identification returns that it is pretty valuable, but as features it returns that it has a slightly above average forging.  His attempt to check the hide gloves proves to be in vain, as it has a cooldown of five minutes, or one room.

Shifting the sword to his right hand, Zanzetkuken continues through the door at the other end of the bridge.  He enters a silent cave with no visible mouth.  He leaves the door open, as there appeared to be no light source within it.  The dim light from the door, however, reveals two things.  First, there is no other door, but any panic he would have felt is averted, as he is more interested in the pattern on the wall, that of an Ouroboros.  Reaching out to touch the mark, thinking that it might mean that he had to have his hand in contact with it to reveal the door, he noticed that his hand's structure had changed again.  Looking himself over, he noticed that, though this was likely an extension of the truth he had been hinted at as to have revealed, it appears that the enchantment of the room was gone, as he was female again.  Sighing, she then laid her hand on the mark, which glowed for a few seconds before a section of the cave lowered itself into the ground, revealing a secret door, which she proceeded to wander through, noting that no experience was gained.  Must be a 'only one with the mark' may pass sort of things, only serving as an entrance, not a way to get experience.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 29, 2014, 11:28:38 pm »

(Shouldn't draugr weapons be biased towards having a frost enchantment, if they have any at all, as per standard of the games?)
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 30, 2014, 04:09:04 pm »

(Shouldn't draugr weapons be biased towards having a frost enchantment, if they have any at all, as per standard of the games?)

(It's a steel sword.  If I had rolled in the special ability range, then it would be enchanted with a Skyrim enchantment.  As it is, the magic on it just helps you swing the sword better by telling you where to swing it.)

(Anyway, just gonna continue on my way to the town.)

Zanzetkuken entered another space.  This one was a continual tunnel, roughly made but fairly well lit.  Zanzetkuken jumped when the door slid shut behind her.  It might have been able to be opened, but this was the only visible path, so she decided to sheathe her blade and hurried down it.  As she ran, she noticed that there was occasionally a branching path, possibly to doors like she had seen earlier.  Zanzetkuken bypassed three of them, before something grabbed her as she passed the fourth.  She was thrown up against the wall and held there by her throat.  After a few seconds, she saw that her attacker was an emancipated being of living shadow.  She was paralyzed by fear, feeling her consciousness in the beginning twinges of  fading, when it started to sniff the air, which caused it to drop her.  As she backed into the wall, she heard a multitude of  voices speak to her, 'This one marked.  No kill.'

"Wh-what?"

'Unfamiliar and Speed.  Thought desecrator.  Not make mistake again.'

"A-are you the one speaking to me?" Zanzetkuken said, pointing to the being.

'Guardian.  Yes.'

"Can you tell me what the mark does?"

'New one?  Town.  Speak with Bárðr Atum.'  The being then pointed to a alcove a bit further down.  'Overworld there.'

After that, it appeared to tear itself apart and fade into the walls.  Zanzetkuken went over to the door it indicated cautiously, and, after passing through it, found herself squeezing through a crag that put her on a ledge near a door.  Walking over to it, her device made a noise similar to a sonar pulse she had heard in a movie.  Apparently, her map was updated to include this place, calling it 'Vaylen's Folly'.  Might as well ask about that in town... she thought to herself, before using the fast travel to go to the town entrance.

(Arrival is roughly concurrent with future hugo leaving, plus or minus a couple minutes.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:53:14 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 427