Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289911 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

(It's a little late but are you accepting new players?)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
I'm with stupid |
                      v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(It's a little late but are you accepting new players?)
((Yes. Which reminds me, should I pm smurfington?))

**Healed someone to get my scepter identified. They had a broken leg. And cat whiskers, but unfortunately, I can't heal those. Apparently the scepter has minor time travel effects or something like that. Not sure it was worth it.**
"Time travel effects? Well, that does sound interesting, but you're gathering wounds pretty quickly. And our best bet of getting any more of that blue potion is more dungeon diving, since everything's so expensive around here. So please, please take care of yourself." He looks at the splinted leg, hoping it was the same one that absorbed the silver burn. "Um, do you need any help walking? We might have to go back to that dungeon soon."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Lolololo I love that song)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iton looks around the starting room after grabbing his baseball bat
( am I doing this right or is there something or some order I'm supposed to do?)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**Healed someone to get my scepter identified. They had a broken leg. And cat whiskers, but unfortunately, I can't heal those. Apparently the scepter has minor time travel effects or something like that. Not sure it was worth it.**
"Time travel effects? Well, that does sound interesting, but you're gathering wounds pretty quickly. And our best bet of getting any more of that blue potion is more dungeon diving, since everything's so expensive around here. So please, please take care of yourself." He looks at the splinted leg, hoping it was the same one that absorbed the silver burn. "Um, do you need any help walking? We might have to go back to that dungeon soon."

**Yeah, I'll try and cut down on the healing until we can get some more potion. Although, from what the cat-lady with the broken leg said, the effects of potions sometimes vary from person to person. Blue potion might be poison to me. Or might turn me into a furry. Which wouldn't be THAT bad, but still. I CAN walk, but I'm not going to be doing any melee fighting in the foreseeable future. As for funds, I DO have this.**

Arcvasti takes out the blank book with the ourobouros cover.

**Paper might be decently rare here. If we ever need funds urgently, I could pawn this.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"Raptor, what exactly is behind the door?"
Blitz uses Fake Small Weapon to 'fake' another knife, placing the real one in his pocket. Wouldn't do to break it. He proceeds to use the ability again, placing his dagger into his pocket.
((I can do this, right?))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Lolololo I love that song)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((There's apparently some force preventing people from using their real names in this place, but you could be a weird exception, like kj1225, if you want))

Blitz uses Fake Small Weapon to 'fake' another knife, placing the real one in his pocket. Wouldn't do to break it. He proceeds to use the ability again, placing his dagger into his pocket.
((I can do this, right?))
((Yes))

"I ran into some guy in a magic shop that said there's 'fixed' potions and 'flux' ones, but I guess we have no way of telling which is which without experimenting. Or maybe someone has a list of known ones somewhere. I dunno how valuable that book might be, but are you really willing to part with it? Seems like it might be a keepsake of yours."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**Interesting about the potions. As for the book... I don't remember why I had it. Probably a rulebook of some kind. Its the right size. But it IS all I really have from before Here. Might be best to pawn it only if we DESPERATELY need the money.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

Cratered Landscape

GentlemanRaptor pauses.
"Ah, I really don't know how to put this...well. Have a look for yourselves."
He pulls the door open to reveal a dingy-looking steel corridor that stretches about fifty feet into the distance. At the far end, there is a blast door remarkably reminiscent of those on the Death Star. Two men, wearing futuristic body armor and carrying assault rifles, are aiming at the sliding door as if terrified of what might come out. A dull pounding noise can be heard echoing throughout the hall.
"See what I mean? Y'all be careful going in there. I don't want to torque off the guys that have better guns than we do. And, as an aside, do you guys hear that thudding noise?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

McDonald was about to make a terrible joke, but changed his mind.

"Are those guys other players? We haven't met any NPCs so far."
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

**Interesting about the potions. As for the book... I don't remember why I had it. Probably a rulebook of some kind. Its the right size. But it IS all I really have from before Here. Might be best to pawn it only if we DESPERATELY need the money.**

"If we need money, we just need to go dungeon diving for loot," Zanzetkuken said.  "You know, I wonder if those transformations would act as a full heal, like they do in Dwarf Fortress."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Fniff shrinks away from the door.

"Oh shit, they have guns," he whispers. "What should we do? They could kill us."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hmm, it's interesting that all the humanoid NPCs we've seen so far have had their features entirely obscured. This could be a thing now.))

"Well, if paper is valuable, I still have a notebook in my bag here. Mostly written on but it's not really something I care about." He checked his messenger bag to make sure. "Yep, still here. Anyway, aside from valuables, there's another reason we may need to head back. The shop guy said he can cure my thing, but he needs the corpse of the one that inflicted the bite."

"If we need money, we just need to go dungeon diving for loot," Zanzetkuken said.  "You know, I wonder if those transformations would act as a full heal, like they do in Dwarf Fortress."
"Maybe. I've still got this tear in my ear, but that was from a silver hook."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"My knives are not going to be very effective, and I currently can't fake anything larger... Dammit. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20."
Blitz walks closer to the door.
"So, what do we do?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 427