Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290701 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Though this is not a boundary door, as this sequence counts as all one "room".)

"Yeah! Broom closet ending!" HugoLuman slams the door with his shoulder, flinging it open and sending him tumbling into the pit below.

"As if predicting the party would try there first, the story continued down the mysterious hole."

"Oh, shut up!... I'm okay, there's some kind of cushion down here! Dark, though!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Huh. That wasn't in the game... Kevak shines his flashlight down on Hugo.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Prophet gets up and then walks over next to Kevak. Is there anything else down there?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hugo, what can you see?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The light shows HugoLuman sitting on a large airbag, the kind that might be used for stunt jumps. He moves out of the way. "There's a big button on a wall down here, but I can't quite see what's on it. Can't tell how big this room is."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

[So many ninja's]

(Though this is not a boundary door, as this sequence counts as all one "room".)

(It's a safety protocol.  In this game's engine, all doors would be flagged as indestructible as they are basically extradimensional links that steal from other realities.  The volatile nature of the way they work would cause the collapse of the game, if what is serving as the stabilizer (the door) is destroyed.  Miners and Diggers can destroy them, due to their ability stabilizing the links.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(However, being within the same "room", this one is just a door. Though it was the boards over it we destroyed.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((This however is a single area, a large one sure, but not separate areas. Therefore it is not a boundary door or any sort of stabilizer.))

Kevak gets out a rope and tied it to the doorknob across the hall before tossing the other end down into the pit and rappelling down. Shining the light around the room.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(However, being within the same "room", this one is just a door. Though it was the boards over it we destroyed.)

(The guy only put in one type of door to cover every instance, just to make absolutely certain that nothing could destabilize the game.)

Edit: (The engine would calculate it as a cluster with the same effect covering them all, each room being its own thing.  Again, just to make absolutely certain.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:07:48 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You apparently aren't getting that it isn't a portal door. It's a normal, nonportalling, swingy door on hinges that is part of a large area.))

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Now that senpai is down there can you see anything else?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((You apparently aren't getting that it isn't a portal door. It's a normal, nonportalling, swingy door on hinges that is part of a large area.))

(You didn't see the edit.  The one who created this place is beyond paranoid, and wants nothing to go wrong.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:11:58 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((By that logic, hinge doors are impossible to create. Same goes for any other door. I'm pretty sure Hugo qualified this as one big area, a couple may branch into portals, but for the most part, they're normal. And semantics aside, we destroyed the boards, which count as furniture. In the game this is referencing, the door is unlocked, the boards are what block it.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(ninjas)
(The segements of this room exist within the same space, for the most part. However, we didn't destroy the door, we just removed the boards blocking it.)

The flashlight's beam shows a huge room, like a gallery, with curtained alcoves along the walls. The button HugoLuman founds has a light bulb icon on it. "This kinda reminds me of those rooms in the LA natural history museum. I don't suppose you've ever been?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did we fall into the museum area of the game?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 427