Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290943 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Wandered off to get foods~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

HugoLuman just stepped out of the room. He couldn't stand that figure leering at him much longer, though he had thought of a wish that might be useful.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:46:25 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB points his fingers at his own eyes, then at the Thin Woman's, and then exits the room with Hugo.
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

"Where's Bowtie and Hugo?" Zanzetkuken asked, changing the subject.

**Not sure. They mentioned something about food? We could probably go join them. SB needs to know the dragon stuff, since Hugo is still in full fuzzy mode, and splitting the party in this place is hardly the best idea.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The magenta figure waves. "Oh, by all means, leave and go think of something clever! You'll be back quite soon."

Creep. HugoLuman certainly didn't want to try whatever method of communication she... he... whatever that was was suggesting. Most likely something horrible. At the same time, typing it out of SB's phone would be tedious, and quite possibly result in mistakes. He snapped some bacon from a plate of hashbrowns, hoping it would help him think. Perhaps they could go back and get the others? Hmm, but he didn't really relish another trip through that bathroom. They'd probably be here soon anyway.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SB sits on the edge of the countertop, holding a dish of olives from said countertop.

"Sooo, Hugo, want to make out? how were you thinking of telling the Thin Woman your wish? My phone has voice dictation, I think.. wait, no. You need to talk for that, and if you could talk, we wouldn't be having this conversation."
He pops an olive into his mouth.
"Not being able to talk sounds like it sucks."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman nods. He supposed they might devise some kind of sign language, though with any luck this wouldn't be a long-term problem to necessitate that. Maybe he could try the typing it on phone, they probably had enough time to try and get it right.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

((Correct, it is indeed a reference to this. ))

The Museum: Room 1

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/496508

[9] Propman managed to land on his feet this time as the door dispelled him a foot in the air higher then the floor, a bit nosily. The scent of coffee, dust, and whatever it is that seems to pollute the air of every public building filtered through his nostrils even stronger as he was now at the source, for the latter two at least. A look at the room revealed it to be made partially out of orange colored polygons, but also what appeared to be stucco and more conventional building materials cladding the larger surfaces, with columns sticking from the walls, all holding up a ceiling of considerable distance from the ground. The floors were a black and white checker pattern, either through purpose or coincidence, and his boots made some rather large streaks upon colliding with them so abruptly.

True to the hacker, there were plaques with words upon them reciting the quotes on the prior wall, and above them were a series of paintings, as any proper museum should contain. Disparagingly however, Propman also noticed the two bank robber-goons standing on the other side of the room, having been alerted by his noisy entrance. Sweat beaded down his forehead as he pondered his actions, seconds passing as minutes as the pirate that hardly did anything pirate-like attempted to size up the situation.

Huh, weren't these the goons that Hugo and the lads were fighting back at the bank room, that he called NPCs? He tried to spare one, but even then it tried to skin him.

Both robbers were dressed like those in the bank room (before they were stripped by a certain ally, at least), and both seemed to be carrying chunks of amber in their hands, no doubt looted from two vacant pedestals near by. The left one had some sort of firearm holstered to its side, while the right carried a particularly nasty looking club with giant nails pressed into it. Both of them braced for battle as the left one reached for his weapon and the right one started to charge.

Negotiating won't be an option, then, in any case...I hope I won't regret doing this.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/587955

[19]

"Think fast!"

Propman tossed out a rook and used his armlet to propel it at the gunman, seeing as it was the larger of the two threats, and to his amazement, the piece collided, causing him to collapse onto the floor without a sound as it pushed through him with a disproportionate amount of force, blood leaking from him like a punctured waterbed. Though the scene was terrifying, and something that would normally make the adventurer stop and think, his second foe remained charging, and was closing in the distance fast.

Propman grabbed for his spear, and readied for close combat. [5] Disparagingly, Propman lost the initiative despite having superior reach as he fumbled bracing his weapon, giving the robber an opportunity to strike at him. [16] luckily, his clumsy weapon was simple enough to dodge, giving the privateer an opportunity to strike back, [3] of which he fumbles as he ineffectually pokes the robber with the haft of his spear, without the force required to actually harm him. [16] the club is no less clumsy on the robber's second attempt, and Propman dodges it yet again and takes the moment to strike once more, [11] this time grazing the robber with his weapon and creating a noticeable gash as the adversary readied to strike once more. Propman attempted to get the better of the situation, [5], but trips on his ill-fitting boot as he tried to get behind the robber, leaving only his spear between him and the club that was now flying uncomfortably close to his face.

[3] The club struck true, disarming the pirate and nearly breaking his arms as his weapon was bashed to the other side of the room, leaving him in a dire situation as he winced in pain, a rich crunching noise sounding off as his shoddily-made tool came apart mid-air. Evidently, this was an excellent example of why attempting to fight in a dungeon alone was a bad idea.

Serious injury was staring the wayward pirate in the face, and behind it death as he saw the robber ready to strike yet again with the large weapon, raising it above its head for a killing blow. [15] Not allowing himself to be bested that easily, Propman lept out of his boots and tumbled to the side of the floor, looking at the paintings on the wall. He only had one chance to execute this, and if he failed, he would likely be on the receiving end of those nails. [18] Propman gestured his now aching arms at the wall, ripping the paining off and suspending it in the air as he moved it adjacent to him so as to scale it to a massive size. He ran at the robber with the now huge painting in front of him like a shield, its mass crashing into the foe and his bat with a loud striking noise. Propman continued running still, tossing the astonished foe like a ragdoll as he shoved the painting into a wall.

A rich crunching noise sounded off as well as a brief scream as the robber was crushed in between the painting and the wall, and the painting fell over to reveal a grizzly scene, with the worst fact being that the robber was still twitching, struggling as it uselessly flailed around its broken limbs, its neck twisted into an unnatural position. Propman wanted to flee the scene as fast as possible, and headed towards the other part of the building, the part where he shot down the now dying bandit's compatriot with a chess piece. The bandit seemed to have...stopped moving relatively quickly after suffering such a lethal wound to the body.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/496508

In any other situation, Propman's head would be spinning over the actions he had just committed, but survival was higher priority, and he reached for the firearm holstered on the robber's side, now vacant of an owner. First taking the holster out and strapping it onto his web-belt, Propman pulled out...[4] a rather crude firearm that looked to be built with function over form in mind. It was unmistakably an FP-45 liberator, a single shot .45 pistol of a design almost as shoddy as his now broken spear. Beggars couldn't be choosers, and having any type of gun at all was a blessing in such a dire situation, and he placed the weapon back into its holster for future use, before moving to the area his last weapon had landed in three pieces.

The spear was cleanly snapped in two by the force of the club colliding against it, and the letter opener he had tied it to was loosened up and only kept onto its half of the weapon from a bit of twine. He pulled it out of its now useless platform, the dagger itself still in a useful condition. In his rush of adrenaline, Propman didn't notice the fact that the room remained unsolved, and looked to the front of him to see the exit door as a door to another room suspended from the base a good number of feet off the ground.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Now that the action was over for the time being, Propman focused on getting up the stairs. They were made out of polygons, so attempting to climb them might sever his fingers off, which was a very bad thing. Clearly, he was supposed to bridge them by placing objects through manipulating them with the gauntlet, so he looked around the room for suitable items, taking the time to put his boots back onto his feet.

It was typically considered less the courteous to remove paintings from the wall of a museum, less so using them as ramps, but he had already used one prior to kill a man today, and was quite sure that nobody would mind too much since the robbers themselves were attempting to loot the place. He took off one painting, or rather a photo of a painting of a broad posing next to the Sphinx, and placed it near the entrance of the inactive gate he used to enter the room, so that anyone else attempting to venture in might be able to go the other way, and then proceeded to take another painting, depicting a man grappling the Leaning tower of Pisa, and used it to bridge the first set of stairs. There were no more paintings left to use other than the one he used to slay the robber, and he didn't want to walk over a gooey, no doubt unsafely-slippery scene. Besides, he doubted it would fit properly anyways, the second ledge being as steep as the last.

Looking back at the stands containing amber-like virtual objects, there were a few chunks that appeared rather blocky in shape, and would make perfect steps if he could size them properly. Propman concentrated as he carefully scaled them before placing three next to the ledge, each after the next, until he formed an "L" shaped set from which to walk on. The screen on his armlet flashed, and it displayed to him the fact that he had gained a level.

"PROPMAN. Level 2 Privateer (0/5 encounters to next level). Congratulations. "

In spite of this revelation, the adventurer hardly felt any stronger. His arms were numb from having absorbed the shock of the club (which evidently was rather mangled itself when it was crushed along with its owner against the wall), his feet were aching from standing for an entire day with few moments to rest, his weapons were an antiquated stub pistol and a reforged horseshoe, and he had nobody to comfort him on his current situation as he was being hunted by forces beyond his understanding. Needless to say, he was not happy about his current circumstances, but he knew he had to press on if he were to return to his home, if he could return to his home.

Continuing to stare at the screen, it flickered off into a new phrase.

"Ability available: Swashbuckling (passive). "

Such words were disappointingly unhelpful in informing the pirate on what he was able to do now, but he shrugged and supposed they'd reveal themselves when needed. If he was able to survive multiple rounds of the dungeon on his own, perhaps he wasn't as inept as he first presumed himself to be, and he was sure that making it out of the dungeon, or at least finding a way back to the safe hub village would be in reason if he could keep this performance up. He moved through the stairs he had assembled and jumped through the swirling gate, ready to face whatever was on the other side.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I've been somewhat stalling for you guys to build the ladder and come up, though IRL I probably would freeze up under pressure to say something right.)

The voice called from the other room. "Are you still in there? I bet you're still in there!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(I've been somewhat stalling for you guys to build the ladder and come up, though IRL I probably would freeze up under pressure to say something right.)

(Don't need to stall, just keep from posting IC for a while.

I'm waiting on Arc and Kevak, since my character has no idea what they are planning, so I can't start the ladder.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Please shut up, you spineless shitmonger," SB replies.
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Lets build the ladder now~ Kevak digs through one of the pouches of his bag and pulls out a short length of rope. If anyone bothered looking in the bag, there's a loooot more in there.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Please shut up, you spineless shitmonger," SB replies.

"Oh! You are still in there! Take all the time you need! I'm sure you won't make any mistakes!" Laughter echoed from the room beyond.

HugoLuman, opting to ignore this, nudged SB again for his phone. Might as well try.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SB hands his phone to Hugo.

"I'm out of comebacks... damn."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 427