Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Battleship Commander  (Read 43076 times)

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship Commander
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2014, 11:12:42 am »

Why when I unmount my warp disruptor it goes in temp storage ?

Even if it didn't, if what I want to do is to give all my components to my new ship and keep only the hull of my speeder close to the station just in case, I have to unmount only a few components with the station, trade those components to the gladiator, equip them on the gladiator with the station, come back to the speeder to unmount some other components and so on.
So next time I will just sell the few components I really want to keep, change my ship to gladiator and buy a speeder hull to make things way faster and less anoying but I would loose a lot of money.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2014, 11:39:39 am »

Because does not fit in cargo bays. Not all cargo bays slot have external doors. You can check this in slot properties window in the tab "other", or in the cargo bays list there is a [] prefix before the name.
Without external doors you can only insert items smaller than 1.5x1.5x3
To move all components for free you can buy a "Space Yard" hull, buy some cargo bays and refit there even if it has no power or else.

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2014, 11:22:17 am »

Ok, I saw this but didn't though it had any purpose yet. Since the window on the left is really small there is no need for a tab, infos in the 2nd tab should be in the same window.

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2014, 12:55:19 pm »

Sometime I'd like to play with one hand only, thus to pause the game with middle button and change speed with wheel but it seems impossible to bind those without autohotkey yet.

It was on the previous version but it could probably happen to latest version too: I destroyed all weapons of a gladiator, despite disruptor inactive he didn't flee by warping but with thrusters until he had no LH2 left, and when he reached 1M(even with 8 warp modules I still couldn't warp) he warped 25km to me.

Weapons prediction doesn't take into account rotation, that is, simply by not using continuous stop rotation, rotating one bit and keeping pressing X the weapons fire all around the enemy.

I wanted to check something: when I have 1 powerplant and multiple depleted batteries, it should charge every of them (to the same % given the end of this §) so that when I need power I can use as much as possible. Maybe it's already the case but there was a huge problem testing that: I started sandbox mode in easy, bought 2 batteries, warped until I had 3% left, disabled 1 of the 3 batteries realizing that it was making my test harder with no purpose, attacked an enemy which I observed until I had 0% battery left except in the disabled one, black alert, right click on powerplant and the 2 depleted batteries with game paused : I'm still observing the enemy but I see -1 nearly everywhere, when I unpaused the game crashed.
In the same idea of what I wanted to test: maybe it's already the case, when for example you need 40MW for all weapons and have a battery of 30 and another of 20, both batteries should stay as much as possible at the same amount of % of battery left so all weapons can be used to full power as long as possible.

On previous version all of sudden it seems that I lost all my lox and lh2 left and my temperature became -270°.

Enemy gladiator may spawn in the wrong way in random battle mode, his missiles going back hit his own shield.

On the right of refit screen, at the bottom there is the word "heat" for each waste except shield, they don't heat ?

Could you quickly make a huge vessel, like in eve online of 20km long ? By quickly I mean just by scaling up an already existing vessel without improving its skin or only making a few huge boxes for batteries capacitors etc and thus available only with dev_mode. I wonder things about it, how slowly it turns etc.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2014, 10:38:51 am »

Weapons prediction doesn't take into account rotation, that is, simply by not using continuous stop rotation, rotating one bit and keeping pressing X the weapons fire all around the enemy.
Rotation is calculated precisely now, after i fixed it i did some tests. In this case you are not only rotating but also accellerating, and while you know that your path is predictable the AI can't assume that and expect evasive maneuvers.

I wanted to check something: when I have 1 powerplant and multiple depleted batteries, it should charge every of them (to the same % given the end of this §) so that when I need power I can use as much as possible. Maybe it's already the case but there was a huge problem testing that: I started sandbox mode in easy, bought 2 batteries, warped until I had 3% left, disabled 1 of the 3 batteries realizing that it was making my test harder with no purpose, attacked an enemy which I observed until I had 0% battery left except in the disabled one, black alert, right click on powerplant and the 2 depleted batteries with game paused : I'm still observing the enemy but I see -1 nearly everywhere, when I unpaused the game crashed.
In the same idea of what I wanted to test: maybe it's already the case, when for example you need 40MW for all weapons and have a battery of 30 and another of 20, both batteries should stay as much as possible at the same amount of % of battery left so all weapons can be used to full power as long as possible.
Sometimes it can be useful but the battery code would become more complex. I'll wait and see if it's worth it.

On the right of refit screen, at the bottom there is the word "heat" for each waste except shield, they don't heat ?
Yes they does heat, i didn't noticed i used a different word.

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2014, 12:22:39 pm »

Rotation is calculated precisely now, after i fixed it i did some tests. In this case you are not only rotating but also accellerating, and while you know that your path is predictable the AI can't assume that and expect evasive maneuvers.
It's probably hard to give a better behavior but right now it seems that it shoots where the ship would be if it instantly stopped to rotate, thus it shoots where there is no chance for the ship to be here unless it rotates back.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2014, 04:02:59 pm »

Hm...seem to be having problems with heat genetation, this was after upgrading quite a bit, sitting still just the radiators was creating more heat then could be dispersed.

also should be mentioned, disabling enemy ships...didn't actually give any money to the player.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:07:25 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2014, 05:19:43 pm »

also should be mentioned, disabling enemy ships...didn't actually give any money to the player.
I released a new version with this bug fixed

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2014, 06:53:26 am »

Great update, it's very unusual for a developer to actually listen to feedback.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2014, 07:40:05 am »

It's probably hard to give a better behavior but right now it seems that it shoots where the ship would be if it instantly stopped to rotate, thus it shoots where there is no chance for the ship to be here unless it rotates back.
I did some test and while prediction is good, in this case (constant rotation + constant accelleration) i expected better prediction. I'll try to improve it.
To see the exact position predicted by the AI for testing purposes modify a cannon to have min and max dispersion 0.

Hm...seem to be having problems with heat genetation, this was after upgrading quite a bit, sitting still just the radiators was creating more heat then could be dispersed.
Set the ship to blue alert to cool.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2014, 10:24:10 am »

I managed to improve the prediction
video of test

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2014, 09:21:52 am »

Well when I look this video it seems bad actually, it always shoot in front of the ship.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2014, 10:25:37 am »

Yes, it always miss the sensor in the front by a few meters but is actually a very good performance if you consider that the bullet has been shot 11.7 seconds before, from a distance of 20 Km

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2014, 10:58:43 am »

Well when I look this video it seems bad actually, it always shoot in front of the ship.
He wasn't having it aim for anything vital though, just the sensor at the very front of the ship. If that had been being aimed at, say, a powerplant or battery, it probably would have wrecked the ship super fast.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2014, 08:43:34 am »

- Do PD missiles do anything against shields ?

- Game crashed again, I wanted to use only batteries without powerplant, instant 0% battery left. Wanted to warp using only the powerplant then, "-1" everywhere and game crash.

- I missed with all my missiles an immobile gladiator that was like 120km away. I wouldn't have missed it if there was an adapted strategy for this case: not using all fuel right away, keeping some to adjust trajectory from time to time.

- More thickness of lithium = less heat ?

- It didn't happen yet but I guess it could, if I launch missiles with autofire on a fleeing mule it's likely they will hit the thrusters instead of the powerplants, they won't try to avoid will they ?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18