Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Battleship Commander  (Read 43016 times)

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship Commander
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2014, 10:04:46 am »

Battleship Commander is now on Indiegogo!

Contribute if you like this game and want to see it completed. On the campaign page there is an updated feature list.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2014, 11:59:10 am »

Early bird: secured!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

What is your resolution? Minimum supported is 1024x768.

Ah this is probably the problem right there.  Thanks!

Or maybe not its still there at like 4 different resolutions including those above below and near that amount.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:10:56 pm by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2014, 12:20:15 pm »

This game needs more media love :(

I have a crappy game blog do you mind me making a post taking info from the campaiggn about the game direction?

It doesn't have much traffic but it's anything I can offer

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2014, 02:30:23 am »

What is your resolution? Minimum supported is 1024x768.

Ah this is probably the problem right there.  Thanks!

Or maybe not its still there at like 4 different resolutions including those above below and near that amount.

Send me a screenshoot with the problem.

This game needs more media love :(
I have a crappy game blog do you mind me making a post taking info from the campaiggn about the game direction?
It doesn't have much traffic but it's anything I can offer
Yes, media coverage is a nasty problem. Any help is welcomed.

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2014, 05:01:03 pm »

It seems to be the best place to report bugs/ask things for now, maybe you should open a more official forum later:
First, I like the concept a lot and its high realism, I'm telling you this so you keep motivation in updating it. To make it more known maybe you should try kickstarter/steam ? If it was me I wouldn't like other people take me 10/20/30% doing basically nothing but that's how the world seems to work so... Maybe you should be clear about what would be added in final version also.

Bugs: I'm left-handed, thus I want to invert left click and right click. The Windows option for this doesn't work in some games, so I use autohotkey but it doesn't work either in your game, maybe you hard coded something here. Pressing windows key doesn't work, I need to press alt+tab to get back on desktop, should I be lucky enough to have something else opened. I could zoom using scroll wheel once and since I cannot.

- Will you add solar panels later or do you think their energy income would be too worthless for a battleship ?
- In a very long time do you plan to add some multiplayer, either in versus or co-op (like on the same ship like in the pulsar game) or at least allow motivated modding players to make it ?
- I wonder about fuel leaks, is the game that much realistic that, basically, if its due to a hole caused by a ammo, rotating the ship to "push" the fuel the other way stop it ?

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2014, 04:04:47 am »

To make it more known maybe you should try kickstarter/steam ?
I'd like to go on kickstarter, if only it was available here in italy. I'll try to go on steam when the game will be more developed.

Maybe you should be clear about what would be added in final version also.
On the indiegogo page there is the list of the sure features of the final version. Do you mean describing the features in greater details?

The Windows option for this doesn't work in some games, so I use autohotkey but it doesn't work either in your game, maybe you hard coded something here.
I use a low level library for input, maybe this is why you cant use autohotkey.

I could zoom using scroll wheel once and since I cannot.
If you restart the game the scroll wheel works again?

Will you add solar panels later or do you think their energy income would be too worthless for a battleship ?
I will add them, they will be used on space stations. They have not enough power for ships and far from stars are useless.

In a very long time do you plan to add some multiplayer, either in versus or co-op (like on the same ship like in the pulsar game) or at least allow motivated modding players to make it ?
Some day i will probably add multiplayer. I'd be happy if some modder manages to add multiplayer but right now there isn't a scripting language.

I wonder about fuel leaks, is the game that much realistic that, basically, if its due to a hole caused by a ammo, rotating the ship to "push" the fuel the other way stop it ?
It isn't so realistic

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2014, 04:37:55 am »

I'd like to go on kickstarter, if only it was available here in italy.
Doing a quick google about that I saw that it may be possible anyway.
On the indiegogo page there is the list of the sure features of the final version. Do you mean describing the features in greater details?
The way I read it is like everything you listed is already ingame. And I don't even know what isn't yet in fact, I didn't play much yet.
No it never worked again since.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2014, 12:21:58 pm »

I'd like to go on kickstarter, if only it was available here in italy.
Doing a quick google about that I saw that it may be possible anyway.
It is possible but is not easy. I have searched for months someone in the UK to help me but i found no one.

The way I read it is like everything you listed is already ingame. And I don't even know what isn't yet in fact, I didn't play much yet.
The main features missing are crew,fleets and multiple star systems.
Usually in kickstarter and indiegogo there are the features of the final game. The playable alpha version is a plus.

No it never worked again since.
So the scroll wheel works in windows and every program except this?

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2014, 03:51:31 am »

Maybe for kickstarter you should ask someone who made a similar project already. It's not that related but I'm thinking about those who made "faster than light", by the way it's hard to understand that they could make it while being in mainland china while you can't in italy.

About the scroll wheel, in fact it does work in the hull editor but not otherwise, tested on the new version with shields.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2014, 09:20:33 am »

Maybe for kickstarter you should ask someone who made a similar project already. It's not that related but I'm thinking about those who made "faster than light", by the way it's hard to understand that they could make it while being in mainland china while you can't in italy.
It's possible but you need someone trusted in a country with kickstarter. This is how they done it for xenonauts: guide

About the scroll wheel, in fact it does work in the hull editor but not otherwise, tested on the new version with shields.
No idea what the problem is. The editor uses the same mouse code as the rest of the game. Does it work in the refit interface?

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2014, 11:44:28 am »

It does work there. Not like like this problem matters much and it may fix itself later.

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2014, 01:41:02 am »

Just so you know, I still play this and soon I will report many bugs and ask many questions, my real life is just so annoying that I don't find the time for it yet.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2014, 02:47:14 am »

Yeah I play this pretty often whenever I get bummed out on other games. I feel like once it's more fleshed out I'll probably hardcore put some time into it, but for now I normally don't put enough thought in and end up losing battles due to overheating.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2014, 10:15:46 am »

Just so you know, I still play this and soon I will report many bugs and ask many questions, my real life is just so annoying that I don't find the time for it yet.
I always need feedback  :)

Yeah I play this pretty often whenever I get bummed out on other games. I feel like once it's more fleshed out I'll probably hardcore put some time into it, but for now I normally don't put enough thought in and end up losing battles due to overheating.
A few suggestion for heat management:
Mount more radiators and use the most advanced types
Gauss and lasers produce high amount of heat, use conventional cannons and missiles
Before hunting enemies set the ship to blue alert and rest for a while to cool the ship
Travel at cruise speed to keep the ship cool
Don't go too near to Sol, try to stay outside the orbit of Venus
Heavy armor increases the heat capacity of the ship

Some advanced combat trick:
Powerplants produce heat, shut down them and use only battery power.
Capacitors leak power, if you have two of them and a single one can store enough energy switch off the second until the first get destroyed
Gyroscopes are another source of heat, to reduce their use but don't become an easy target set the ship to manual control, give the ship a rotation "up" and toggle the accelleration (x key) in a few seconds cycle to interfere with enemy path prediction
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18