Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Now you know why you are mildly uncomfortable at night...  (Read 962 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Now you know why you are mildly uncomfortable at night...
« on: September 10, 2014, 02:01:59 am »

Beware his somewhat greasy hair! 
What is this, attack of the Giant Midget? 
Now you know why you are mildly uncomfortable at night...
So many possible captions here...

Full disclosure: I got this by savescumming.  I loaded a save from yesterday, and almost as soon as I unpaused, my High Master Engraver got mauled by a Werepanther as soon as he walked out the door who immediately turned back into a human.  Out of curiousity, I decided to see if delaying my engraver by a few more seconds would save him, and it did.  I locked a door and by the time the Werepanther was spotted, it had already reverted to human form, resulting in the announcement message.

I don't remember if we got this kind of announcement in DF2012, but I thought it was too funny to not post.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:04:48 am by Hans Lemurson »
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Now you know why you are mildly uncomfortable at night...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:54:12 am »

It was incredibly common in DF2012, heh, yet somehow I'd never actually realized what caused it. Thanks for the science.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 03:27:26 am »

Yep common message every time the Werecreatures managed to show up at the wrong time.
Amusing for sure.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 03:28:01 am »

Yep common message every time the Werecreatures managed to show up at the wrong time.
Amusing for sure.

Well, it seems that it's not when they show up at the wrong time but when they're found at the wrong time.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:33:33 pm »

Hmmm, if you go with a large enough embark area and put your fort in the center, I wonder if werecreatures will always take so long to get from the edge of the map to your fort that they never arrive in were-form.

Probably not worth the FPS cost, though.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 05:14:30 pm »

In 4x4 embark area (woodland, moats and walls) they almost always change before they get close to me. When I don't use guard animals the werecreatures often are revealed plain old peoplecreatures. (more often animal people than humans, but still).