Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Milking GCS?  (Read 2101 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Milking GCS?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 01:06:00 am »

It's decadence - or to show decadence of dwarves. GCS silk clothes degrade as much as any other and dwarves throw it away when barely used anyway, so you waste much of value.

But in fact people using GCS choose the cheap and easy option. After all GCS silk is only twice as valuable as plant fibre. Personally I would choose adamantine clothing for that purpose. I was doing that in v.34.x. Since I don't use adamantine weapons and armour I was considering the same now. But I don't like the colour.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 01:58:22 pm »

It's decadence - or to show decadence of dwarves. GCS silk clothes degrade as much as any other and dwarves throw it away when barely used anyway, so you waste much of value.

But in fact people using GCS choose the cheap and easy option. After all GCS silk is only twice as valuable as plant fibre. Personally I would choose adamantine clothing for that purpose. I was doing that in v.34.x. Since I don't use adamantine weapons and armour I was considering the same now. But I don't like the colour.

Then dye it.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 05:51:50 pm »

If you somehow manage to cage a web-spewing clown: Clown Webs are actually fireproof.
While the webs are, and the resulting clothes will be, it will offer little or no protection for dwarves. I've tested it, its quite sad. If you mod a piece of clothing to cover a dwarf completely, it should work for magma bathing. Even a dwarf completely covered by fireproof clothing can catch fire though, from fireballs and dragon-fire.
Pages: 1 [2]