Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 464615 times)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R1_40_15]
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2014, 04:58:22 am »

Well I tried this out of sheer boredom of playing vanilla-esque games that provide no challenge.
Shadows are pretty silly as I've found out. Especially that part where they spend a thousand turns wrestling you to death while you constantly miss them.

I'm surprised they didn't just off you with Shadow Embrace. Was this adventure mode or fort?
It was a really strong adventurer, what can I say.
except obviously that doesn't matter when you're fighting something that is just about impossible to hit

Does that mean Shadow Embrace had no or little effect on your adventurer?

Shadows are world enders. I personally avoid them. They are intentionally very difficult to hit. Still, I'll take another look at what else I can tweak.
It slowed me down somewhat, but not much beyond that.
They could use a nerf if anything, and I wouldn't mind if they hit harder and were hard to hit instead of being utterly impossible to hit whilst only killing you through wrestling for absurd amounts of time.

oh_no

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2014, 01:36:23 pm »

So I find out how amazing the Cave Lynx are in my latest video. Apparently not even having to fall down an open stairwell a z level will keep them from wrecking face.

You still aren't building walls? You really like to play risky (doomed).   :-X

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2014, 05:56:35 pm »

Found this but have not had a chance to play yet. I’m thinking maybe you should make a standalone release of just the raws that need to be changed, unless DFHack required to play this; some of us like to mix and match, and for Mac and Linux players it’s much better.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2014, 04:57:47 am »

So I find out how amazing the Cave Lynx are in my latest video. Apparently not even having to fall down an open stairwell a z level will keep them from wrecking face.

You still aren't building walls? You really like to play risky (doomed).   :-X
   In a word yes. Though it tends to be more of a problem with me focusing on one thing and then forgetting things tend to like to come and wreck my face. The fact that I even have a dwarf capable of fighting entirely out of character for me and something I have been working on.

Edit: Still haven't put up walls though instead of punish me it sent something interesting that the title somewhat gives away.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:46:12 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R1_40_16]
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2014, 02:15:15 am »

Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok [R1_40_16]
"Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress."
Description:  Nature is in revolt. War is afoot. Cataclysm and mysticism have converged. The forces of darkness wear many disguises. Who will withstand Rammok, god of twilight?
Download: http://www.dfdarkage.com/download.html
Changelog: http://dfdarkage.com/changelog.html
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2014, 06:53:19 am »

Another request for a raw a release so us Linux folk can play. This looks awesome? Mythos in DF? Sounds like sanity blasting fun!

If there are any DF hack plugins that need compiling or if you need any help packaging for Linux or OS X, consider this a volunteer offer! I'd love to help out.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2014, 12:27:24 pm »

This is purely a mod and doesn't need DFHack in any way from what I have seen. You could probably just grab it and then swap out the raws and whatever other misc stuff that needs switching into a linux or OS X DF.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

So in my latest video I had a visit from a Greater Banshee. Now you might be assuming what happens but the video is titled Hippy Banshee Flyby for a reason. I followed it for a good bit and it just sort of fluttered around then left and I have to ask is that supposed to happen? It actually leaves right before operation sacrificial bait could be pulled off and lure it towards two caravans worth of guards.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2014, 07:30:18 pm »

So in my latest video I had a visit from a Greater Banshee. Now you might be assuming what happens but the video is titled Hippy Banshee Flyby for a reason. I followed it for a good bit and it just sort of fluttered around then left and I have to ask is that supposed to happen? It actually leaves right before operation sacrificial bait could be pulled off and lure it towards two caravans worth of guards.

Interesting. I was shocked when that Silver Dragon didn't kill everything in sight too. I think it just didn't spot your Dwarves flying way up there.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2014, 02:30:00 am »

As a quick aside, I just want to say how nice it is to read your coding for this mod.  The layout and parsing makes it an efficient and accessible guide to examining what you've been doing and for use as a reference source.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2014, 04:30:25 am »

This is purely a mod and doesn't need DFHack in any way from what I have seen. You could probably just grab it and then swap out the raws and whatever other misc stuff that needs switching into a linux or OS X DF.

Hm cool. If GM-X could post a raws / changed data only zip file, I would be happy to create the Linux + OS X distributions with tile packs.

GM-X, also I see Ironhand is included.. is it modded to support the extras added by your mod? I'm curious to know how much it would be to adapt another tile pack to the mod. I love the ASCII-leaning packs like CLA, Vehrid's, etc.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2014, 04:42:41 am »

Quote from: http://www.dfdarkage.com/ Third Bullet Point
100+ Ironhand based Tileset: Adds graphics for Monsters & Animals.
So I assume this means there are custom tiles for the various monsters and such as it is an Ironhand based Tileset.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2014, 04:23:51 pm »

As a quick aside, I just want to say how nice it is to read your coding for this mod.  The layout and parsing makes it an efficient and accessible guide to examining what you've been doing and for use as a reference source.

Thank you. You are the first to say so. Really wanted all changes to be as concise and well documented as possible.

Hm cool. If GM-X could post a raws / changed data only zip file, I would be happy to create the Linux + OS X distributions with tile packs.

GM-X, also I see Ironhand is included.. is it modded to support the extras added by your mod? I'm curious to know how much it would be to adapt another tile pack to the mod. I love the ASCII-leaning packs like CLA, Vehrid's, etc.

No changes are made to Ironhand, only additions. It is intentionally very easy to blend with any other tileset. Only the ini, speech, graphics, and object folders are modded.

Quote from: http://www.dfdarkage.com/ Third Bullet Point
100+ Ironhand based Tileset: Adds graphics for Monsters & Animals.
So I assume this means there are custom tiles for the various monsters and such as it is an Ironhand based Tileset.

Dark Ages expands on Ironhand and adds some new graphics in the same art style. So some vanilla creatures that did not have Ironhand graphics do in Dark Ages, like turtles. The total added graphic tiles/links is around 100+ currently.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:59:06 pm by Rammok »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2014, 03:03:13 am »

No changes are made to Ironhand, only additions. It is intentionally very easy to blend with any other tileset. Only the ini, speech, graphics, and object folders are modded.

If I copied these folders into a fresh vanilla DF install of the appropriate version, would you expect the mod to work? If I did the same but instead of a vanilla DF folder, a vanilla DF with another tileset installed, do you think it work? I ask, because I'm new to modding. So if I copied the files over and started playing, I wouldn't know if it was working or not heh.

Edit: alright, I'm giving this a go. I've taken a vanila DF Linux 40.16, downloaded the Dark Ages Win ASCII version. Completely replaced the data/ and raw/ directories in vanilla with the Dark Ages dirs. Generating a world now.

What is the difference between the Large Region Full Y250 and Large Region Half Y250 worldgen params?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:11:42 pm by rmblr »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R1_40_19]
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2014, 06:14:33 pm »

Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok [R1_40_19]
"Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress."
Description:  Nature is in revolt. War is afoot. Cataclysm and mysticism have converged. The forces of darkness wear many disguises. Who will withstand Rammok, god of twilight?
Download: http://www.dfdarkage.com/download.html
Changelog: http://dfdarkage.com/changelog.html

Nov-29-14 Changelog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:24:29 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 92