Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: List of all Vermin Fish  (Read 1713 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
List of all Vermin Fish
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:32:53 pm »

I am after a list of all vermin fish currently in the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: thanks for all the help.  I realised my initial terminology was not quite accurate and what I  was really after was a list of creatures that could be caught with the fishing labour.  As far as I can tell that is as follows:

Anchovy
Banded Knifefish
Bat Ray
Black Bullhead
Brook Lamprey
Brown Bullhead
Cave Fish
Char
Clown Loach
Clownfish
Cuttlefish
Flounder
Glasseye
Guppy
Hagfish
Hake
Herring
Lungfish
Mackerel
Mussel
Nautilus
Moghopper
Oyster
Perch
Pond Turtle
Rainbow Trout
Sailfin Molly
Salmon
Sea Nettle Jellyfish
Seahorxe
Shad
Sole
Spotted Ratfish
Squid
Steelhead Trout
Thornback Ray
White-Spotted Puffer
Yellow Bullhead

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:12:56 pm by feelotraveller »

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: List of all Vermin Fish
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 01:24:20 am »

I think I have seen nautilus, cuttlefish, and squid.

edt: btw, have you ever seen moghopper?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:26:06 am by §k »
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 02:19:48 am »

Thanks.  You are right and that got me where I needed to be.  (Silly Urist didn't see the Vermin box at the bottom of various dfwiki pages.)

No I haven't seen a Moghopper myself.  Not surprising since they are listed as Savage biome only which I tend to avoid.  Summer only also, I think.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 04:50:04 am »

I've seen moghoppers. Lungfish also have an unusual tendency to fly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 07:01:58 am »

Really flying? I know irl they use their finds to come up on land and stuff, but literal flying ought to be reported to Mantis.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 09:23:35 am »

They can also phase through walls.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 03:47:39 pm »

Pike, least I've got 'em.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 04:26:20 pm »

Really flying? I know irl they use their finds to come up on land and stuff, but literal flying ought to be reported to Mantis.
Yeah, it's a known bug where lungfish just ignore physics, because fuck you, I'm a lungfish.
Toady doesn't prioritise bugfixing though, so I have no idea when he's going to fix it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 05:51:53 pm »

From the Moghopper page (clicking the "show" button on the vermin list at the bottom)

Subterranean
bat • cap hopper • cave fish • cave lobster • cave spider • cave swallow • creepy crawler • fire snake • olm • purring maggot

Oceanic
anchovy • bat ray • brook lamprey • clownfish • flounder • glasseye • hagfish • hake • herring • mackerel • mussel • oyster • salmon • sea nettle jellyfish • seahorse • shad • sole • spotted ratfish • squid • steelhead trout • thornback ray • white-spotted puffer

River/lake
banded knifefish • black bullhead • brown bullhead • char • clown loach • cuttlefish • guppy • lungfish • nautilus • perch • rainbow trout • sailfin molly • yellow bullhead

Reptiles & Amphibians
axolotl • green tree frog • leech • leopard gecko • lizard • moghopper • pond turtle • toad • two-legged rhino lizard

I added the strikethroughs for vermin that are not aquatic (although I didn't verify any, so I could have some wrong).
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 05:56:52 pm »

You can search through the raws for VERMIN_FISH to find them all.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 09:15:23 pm »

You can search through the raws for VERMIN_FISH to find them all.

Good advice.  Doing so seems to confirm the list I have added to the first post.  No great surprises but always good to check.