Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Meeting halls  (Read 333 times)

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
Meeting halls
« on: March 12, 2008, 07:04:00 pm »

Is there a reason to use a meeting hall (from a table) instead of the zone designation? Is either one of them for "official" business? I wanted to make a meeting room for my administrator and the others when they have actual meetings (attend meeting) and aren't just sitting about. However, the zone area just seems to be a general hang-out. What about the table designation?

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting halls
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »

The only difference that I am aware of is that with table-designated meeting rooms, dwarves will throw parties, and other dwarves will come and attend them, rather than do other work.  They apparently gain social skills while doing this, but the parties seem to happen often enough that many people seem to avoid designating such meeting rooms altogether and stick with the meeting zones only.  You can experiment with it yourself, and just free the table if you ever decide you don't like the results; it probably just depends on personal preference.

[ March 12, 2008: Message edited by: Exponent ]

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:53:00 am »

Meeting zones are also more flexible in shape. Meeting halls are like bedrooms, you need doors or else the "room" will overflow into the next room.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

I use table-designated meeting halls, because it means any idle dwarf will idle around in my Royal-quality dining room with high-quality statues and things. This greatly increases the amount of happy thoughts I get from nice architecture.