Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I've been betrayed by myself.  (Read 3375 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
I've been betrayed by myself.
« on: September 08, 2014, 07:16:44 pm »

I made a rather strong dwarf adventurer, and went around slaughtering every goblin in every town, hamlet, hillock, fortress, and city I could find. When I'd gone to every one of those, killing every goblin, I charged a few dark pits. Killed the goblins in these. My biggest achievement was to be charging through a dark fortress, cutting through the goblins with as many companions as possible, and killing their leader/demon king. FPS dropped horrendously near the Underworld Spire, mostly because some army was departing. I started killing them, losing half my companions. When I finally killed about a fifth of the army, my FPS was about five. So I retired. Then I go on, assuming my dwarf was basically struck down as soon as the AI took over. But no. HE'S LEADING THEIR ARMIES!!! I have been betrayed by myself, and I may have to strike myself down. In a time before time, I killed myself.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: I've been betrayed by myself.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:19:42 pm »

I think you should immortalize yourself in obsidian.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:02:25 pm »

It was inevitable.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 10:09:28 pm »

sounds like your classic story of a light side jedi seeking to destroy evil and being remade in its image e.g. Jedi crusade against the mandalorians.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 10:15:27 pm »

You retired in a goblin site, becoming part of a goblin entity. Goblin leader picked you to lead goblin army because of epic fighting skills.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 09:00:04 am »

create a fortress or another adventurer for the sole purpose of killing yourself.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Boss Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 11:05:03 am »

That's tremendous.

I've not really tried adventure mode yet, but after my current fort gets too fun to continue I may try to replicate your glorious success. I'd like goblins to spread about a bit more in my world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 11:16:10 am »

Thats actually a pretty cool way to create more challenge.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 12:04:31 pm »

Do offsite historical figures (including your adventures turned to the dark side) accrue experience and gain attributes/skills when in dwarf mode? Or actually any mode, when they are fully controlled by AI? It would be amazing if you could create an adventurer, who would then turn on your civilization and be too hard to defeat.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 03:38:18 pm »

Hm... When he shows up, I'll check it out. He's leading the charge against a very large dwarven civilization, about eighty hillocks and ten or so fortresses, plus mountainhome. I think I'll make my one dwarf who I made op by using a danger room just for him fight.... Myself. While everyone else takes out the goblins. If he's better than a master swordsdwarf and an adept speardwarf when he shows up, then they do get a skill gain.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 04:11:17 pm »

Hm... When he shows up, I'll check it out. He's leading the charge against a very large dwarven civilization, about eighty hillocks and ten or so fortresses, plus mountainhome. I think I'll make my one dwarf who I made op by using a danger room just for him fight.... Myself. While everyone else takes out the goblins. If he's better than a master swordsdwarf and an adept speardwarf when he shows up, then they do get a skill gain.
By the sounds of things, he's unstoppable. Look at how much he conquered! Sounds like it'll be FUN when he shows up, but he'll probably wait until he has killed the rest of your civ. actually, It'd be cool if you make a new adventurer and intervene, though you'll most likely die.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:14:08 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 04:13:34 pm »

By the sounds of things, he's unstoppable. Look at how much he conquered! Sounds like it'll be FUN when he shows up, but he'll probably wait until he has killed the rest of your civ.

I am Unstoppable Madness the Lurid Ashpipes!
Slayer of Countless!
Destroyer of Worlds!
Smasher of Dreams!
Crusher of nobles, whose cries for mandates went unheeded by my wrath!
Betrayer of Civilizations!
My skills are unmatched both on Earth and in Hell!
Prepare to Die!

[walks into featherwood cage trap]
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 04:30:19 pm »

That would be both the worst and the best victory ever. I could catch him in a trap and make a gladiator arena, pitting recruits and weaker soldiers against him. IF he still is aggressive to dwarves upon being captured. If he is, by god, I could make the ultimate gladiator arena. I wonder if he still will use both a spear and sword in combat? If he does, he'd have a huge bonus in combat against melee dwarves, but if things got out of hand, a single marksdwarf could put him down. I'm not too sure which is more horrifying: a three eyed, steel bodies, fire breathing, flying demon leading a human assault, or my own ultimate, duel wielding, probably grand master in combat now, dwarf, leading a goblin horde against me.

CancerousCthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 05:11:08 pm »

May I ask what kind of gear he was wearing when you retired? Was it candy or just boring old steel?
Guys I don't think we want to mess with using dwarves as fusion material here. Be careful.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 05:17:44 pm »

He had exceptional and masterwork steel equipment from a fort that last to three consecutive sieges. If I am going to fight him, though, I'm not going to use candy against him, I want to see a mini-titan battle between my two champions, with the backdrop of two armies clashing.
Pages: [1] 2