Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104390 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Back To Work
« Reply #1080 on: February 08, 2016, 06:18:40 am »

A bunch of things are happening at once!

- XCOM 2
- Civ 5 CPP
- Hanging Gardens is tough

I think I'll take a break from the HG and maybe start work on that void ship soon.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 09, 2016, 08:35:31 pm »

The goods railway is now operational. It works pretty well too!

A modular cart with a coal engine and top chests carries coal to fuel it, and whatever items I need to ship to Hugo's or vice versa. It has an anchor cart attached to keep it loaded along its long journey. Additionally, there's an empty cart at the end for people to ride in if they want.

Upon arrival at either Hugo's or mine, an item unloader dumps both the fuel and the goods into a Gold Chest, and the cart uses the remaining fuel to approach a locking track and stays there until the next trip.

Next project: write a program that uses a detector rail to check for the presence of the train, and prints that to a computer monitor.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 09, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »

By the way it's pretty neat that the server is still at 20 TPS after over two months of being online (with intermissions, of course).

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1083 on: February 10, 2016, 11:45:56 am »

I have no idea why that is the case.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 10, 2016, 12:20:45 pm »

I stopped playing so I haven't made a massive multi-world ME network that destroys chunks of the landscape while processing a maxed out ender-quarry?

Seriously though that's great.  I do intend to come back once Xcom2 and work calm down a little though, love that the server is still up magma <3
Nom nom nom

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 10, 2016, 12:26:23 pm »

Yeah, ME networks are brutal on servers and it seems like there's significantly fewer independent networks so that probably has something to do with it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 10, 2016, 02:14:14 pm »

Pls don't kill the server for billions of resources, I still need to retrieve my stuff from the Nether. Again.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1087 on: February 12, 2016, 05:20:33 am »

What the ...

TW's smeltery is gone, so his ME system shut down? @_@

Pls don't kill the server for billions of resources, I still need to retrieve my stuff from the Nether. Again.

afaik, McFry's the only person attempting to fill up all his DSUs. Most other people with ME systems aren't doing that :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 17, 2016, 05:45:17 am »

1: I have started cleaning up my area and seperating the different machines and such into marble rooms. It's looking pretty good, to me at least.

2: Server's down?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 17, 2016, 05:56:23 am »

Code: [Select]
Time: 2/17/16 10:28 AM
Description: Exception getting block type in world

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception getting block type in world
at twilightforest.biomes.TFBiomeDecorator.func_150513_a(TFBiomeDecorator.java:165)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeDecorator.func_150512_a(BiomeDecorator.java:105)
at twilightforest.biomes.TFBiomeDecorator.func_150512_a(TFBiomeDecorator.java:139)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeGenBase.func_76728_a(BiomeGenBase.java:339)
at twilightforest.biomes.TFBiomeFireflyForest.func_76728_a(TFBiomeFireflyForest.java:93)

Location: World: (-780,84,1856), Chunk: (at 4,5,0 in -49,116; contains blocks -784,0,1856 to -769,255,1871), Region: (-2,3; contains chunks -64,96 to -33,127, blocks -1024,0,1536 to -513,255,2047)

Apparently someone's been exploring west in the overworld and the terrain generator had an issue. I don't know what the Twilight Forest biome decorator is doing in the overworld, though. Server's back up.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 17, 2016, 07:53:12 am »

Thanks, man.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 18, 2016, 05:40:56 am »

Time: 2/17/16 10:28 AM
Description: Exception getting block type in world

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception getting block type in world
at twilightforest.biomes.TFBiomeDecorator.func_150513_a(TFBiomeDecorator.java:165)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeDecorator.func_150512_a(BiomeDecorator.java:105)
at twilightforest.biomes.TFBiomeDecorator.func_150512_a(TFBiomeDecorator.java:139)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeGenBase.func_76728_a(BiomeGenBase.java:339)
at twilightforest.biomes.TFBiomeFireflyForest.func_76728_a(TFBiomeFireflyForest.java:93)

Location: World: (-780,84,1856), Chunk: (at 4,5,0 in -49,116; contains blocks -784,0,1856 to -769,255,1871), Region: (-2,3; contains chunks -64,96 to -33,127, blocks -1024,0,1536 to -513,255,2047)

Apparently someone's been exploring west in the overworld and the terrain generator had an issue. I don't know what the Twilight Forest biome decorator is doing in the overworld, though. Server's back up.

Doublepost, but I looked into this. It's not isolated- a reddit user stated he got the same issue before.

Here's a map of the server as it currently stands. Does not include houses in other dimensions - just overworld. Also, some of them I couldn't identify.

Spoiler: huge image, beware (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:16:16 pm by Reudh »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 21, 2016, 09:17:42 pm »

So, I've started building my industrial-ish building in earnest now, and before I process a whole bunch of logs, can charcoal be turned into coke?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 21, 2016, 09:25:47 pm »

Not with the mods in the pack, no.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 21, 2016, 10:04:20 pm »

So, I've started building my industrial-ish building in earnest now, and before I process a whole bunch of logs, can charcoal be turned into coke?

Yeah, you require normal coal to access coal coke. Charcoal can fill coal's role in some regards, mainly as a fuel, also I believe as a steel alloy (depending on the smelter), but it can't be processed in a coke oven.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79