Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104481 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Strike ALL the things
« Reply #915 on: December 06, 2015, 10:39:07 pm »

i think this one was me

I made a PIM to see if it does what I think it does, realized I placed it in the wrong position so stepped off of it, at which point the game immediately crashed

Maybe because I had the PIM wrapped in the interactive lua prompt, stepped on it (causing the inventory it takes into consideration to change, which may cause problems java-side) then got off (which might have caused a null pointer exception or something, i know java gets that a lot I guess because people for some inconceivable reason like to have null pointers)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 06, 2015, 10:40:04 pm »

That pim thing didn't sound that great to begin with.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 06, 2015, 10:41:23 pm »

It sounds amazing. The ability to stand on the PIM and immediately all of the items you just picked up from the farm are taken out of your inventory and put into the farm chest? Holy crap.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 06, 2015, 10:43:58 pm »

This is using the FTB Infinity Evolved pack, or is there some plain FTB Infinity pack I'm not seeing?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 06, 2015, 10:46:02 pm »

It sounds amazing. The ability to stand on the PIM and immediately all of the items you just picked up from the farm are taken out of your inventory and put into the farm chest? Holy crap.
I guess, but all you talked about it ingame was how exploitable it was and it was kinda cheap.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #920 on: December 06, 2015, 10:49:29 pm »

Just as I was going to play during my lunch break, too! D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 06, 2015, 10:55:50 pm »

infinity evolved seems to be just the infinity pack with a slightly different name, probably happened between the 1.x.x and 2.x.x versions

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 07, 2015, 03:23:51 am »

Alright, the crash was caused by a PIM (Player Inventory Manager). Please don't use Player Inventory Managers in the future, unless you can guarantee the PIM won't throw any other RuntimeExceptions whenever it feels uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:39:30 am by MagmaMcFry »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 07, 2015, 11:25:26 am »

Alright, the crash was caused by a PIM (Player Inventory Manager). Please don't use Player Inventory Managers in the future, unless you can guarantee the PIM won't throw any other RuntimeExceptions whenever it feels uncomfortable.

Huh, look at that. Someone break and destroy the PIM I made in maple valley.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 07, 2015, 01:15:54 pm »

Server just up and closed without a crash log again. "Connection closed by remote host". Thanks server.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 07, 2015, 09:27:24 pm »

Oh sweet, the new server is indeed hosted.  Anyone want some random smuck buggering about thier place at all :D  Otherwise what notable towns/projects/ect do yall have so far?
Nom nom nom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 07, 2015, 09:31:36 pm »

Theres the general mcfry area with a bunch of people and a couple tunnels, skyrunner is somewhere, and greatorder is 2 linking books and a hub away, in a deserty place.

Also adwarf, you were probably right about a smaller farm being enough. Half of the farm area is making at least 8x the wheat of the pre-agricraft farm.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 08, 2015, 12:24:43 am »

Theres the general mcfry area with a bunch of people and a couple tunnels, skyrunner is somewhere, and greatorder is 2 linking books and a hub away, in a deserty place.

Also adwarf, you were probably right about a smaller farm being enough. Half of the farm area is making at least 8x the wheat of the pre-agricraft farm.
Yeah, fully upgraded crops are ridiculous. Potatoes and carrots produce far more :v

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 08, 2015, 12:28:58 am »

Should anyone find a suitable place for large scale farming (relatively flat, but normal hills are fine), would you let me know?

I plan to do something with Pam's Harvestcraft,
but I could not do it initially as the starting area is surrounded by snow.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #929 on: December 08, 2015, 02:01:36 am »

I live on an island, so not much help..

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 79