Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104599 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Hell Froze Over, Got Fired
« Reply #465 on: February 17, 2015, 02:05:01 am »

I time out every time it starts backing up. It's actually really annoying.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 17, 2015, 04:34:15 am »

I time out every time it starts backing up. It's actually really annoying.

Speaking of timing out, it's happening to me too on connection, and if I get in it does it after a few seconds.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 17, 2015, 05:11:06 am »

The server is hating on Skyrunner again. :( I time out whenever she joins.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #468 on: February 17, 2015, 05:14:27 am »

Can you do something for me, hao? In Sky Tower on Roof One-2, the room with rusty plating has a Matter Condenser from AE2. Could you wrench the export bus connected to it? I didn't think i wouldn't be able to come back... the export bus has the potential to suck all the cobblestone from my system >_>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 17, 2015, 05:39:04 am »

I'm looking for it... Jeeeez this place is a maze.

Edit: Found it! I didn't wrench it, I just removed cobblestone from the filter.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:41:06 am by Baijiu »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #470 on: February 17, 2015, 06:51:52 am »

Welp, it looks like every time I log in everyone including me gets disconnected. :/

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 17, 2015, 06:59:00 am »

Welp, it looks like every time I log in everyone including me gets disconnected. :/

Aaaayep.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2015, 08:15:16 am »

This server is all kinds of screwed up by now. Double-tracked entities everywhere, corrupt player data, broken nether. To be honest I didn't actually expect that the server lasted this long without irrecoverably breaking in some way or another; to my knowledge this world has been up longer than any of Forsaken's. I'll try and keep the server up for a third month, but definitely not any longer.

Sky, greatorder, how do you propose I fix your problems?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #473 on: February 17, 2015, 09:06:50 am »

Ah, the sad irony where once there are a lot of people playing with me, the server dies! While the server was totally alive and well, there was nobody.

I'd be totally up for a server reboot, assuming a small starter kit is available (steel-making machines, and Gendustry machines, and a small amount of materials maybe). I understand how a lot of people wouldn't want to keep playing though, seeing that they lose all their fancy buildings and pretty homes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2015, 09:28:27 am »

Are there any other modpacks worth trying, if a wipe happens? I didn't exactly have much in the way of fanciness.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2015, 10:50:00 am »

I'm not against a server reboot, as long as I will have access to a copy of the overworld. I just want to keep a copy of the museum. :)
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 17, 2015, 11:18:17 am »

I am not opposed to a restart either,  but  I don't have much on this server that will take a long time to get again... besides my mining cart :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 17, 2015, 11:32:03 am »

I'm not against a server reboot, as long as I will have access to a copy of the overworld. I just want to keep a copy of the museum. :)

I second that.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #478 on: February 17, 2015, 11:51:57 am »

Haha, honestly me and McFry have the most stuff to lose; Meta et al have pretty buildings that will be hopefully preserved as a savefile, and all the Thaumcrafting people will lose their progress, which kinda sucks.

As for modpacks, Dark Trilogy is actually a pretty small one in terms of # of mods. DW20 is another 1.7.10 modpack that's good btbut I don't like it because it doesn't have Gendustry... FTB Infinity could work if we want to switch modpacks. It has a similar goal to DT where things are tweaked for balance, but with less heavyhandedness (3 alloys for plastic sheets, anyone?) and more mods. But it also is larger than DT which can contribute to server instability.

Other modpacks are generally for 1.6.4 or have quests. Some honerable mentions, though, are

* TerraFirmaPunk -- Super small modpack that integrates TFC into other mods. It has nearly no tech--flaxbeard's steam power and rotarycraft is basically it. the immense grind of TFC is probably jot for everyone.
* Resonant Rise 3 -- seems fairly popular. But I don't know what all this era talk is about.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 17, 2015, 11:55:38 am »

Eras could be mystcraft. if they're not I have no idea either.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 79