Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104580 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Please Insert Disk 2
« Reply #420 on: February 12, 2015, 08:07:42 pm »

Isn't there a /cofh command that kills mobs?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 12, 2015, 08:36:21 pm »

Speaking of /cofh commands, we need access to the '/cofh friend' stuff to manage restricted machines and friends lists. '/cofh friend gui' And whatever else there are. I'm not sure how permissions are managed...

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 12, 2015, 08:38:35 pm »

er, does /xu-killliving work?

oh wait, /xu_killmob might be a better option, if not /xu_killliving is a command

and from quick testing this does not kill the steve's carts
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:47:06 pm by bluejello »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2015, 08:42:53 pm »

Isn't there a /cofh command that kills mobs?
That would be nice, but I don't actually know which type of entity is causing the lag, and so far I've found out it isn't a hostile mob, so /cofh killall won't work. In fact it seems to be a single entity that apparently gets multiple trackers assigned to it, so the tons of entities are possibly only clientside for some incredibly weird reason. In fact, there aren't even any google search results for that or anything related.

Bad news guys: /xu_killliving doesn't work, so it isn't even a living entity causing these problems. Something else is happening here. But as a sad side effect of xu_killliving, all your mob farms are now empty. I put replacement spawn eggs in a chest in the house at spawn (you know, the one that burned down once. It has a FIRE BAD sign on the door). Feel free to take some of those eggs to repopulate your farms. Of course you may also feel free to not do that if you're not actually regularly on the server anymore.

So the nether is still out of bounds for now. Will continue testing tomorrow. Server maintenance is hard work, guys.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:44:27 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 12, 2015, 08:53:36 pm »

Would it be a terrible idea to suggest deleting part of the nether? I want to suggest that as a backup option but it sounds like a terrible plan.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 12, 2015, 09:01:20 pm »

Deleting (part of) the nether seems like the best way to go at this point. Whoever built the blaze/wither skeleton farm may lose some stuff, but that can be brought back.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #426 on: February 12, 2015, 09:23:11 pm »

I have a foggy memory of McEdit having a "delete entities in area" feature... Before items would group when near each other (eg, two coals in close poximitytpoximity turn into a single entity that holds 2) I crashed my save game by dropping a couple thousand sand entities. Solved it by deleting all entities in an area with mcedit. Not sure of mod support tho.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 12, 2015, 09:35:47 pm »

I have a foggy memory of McEdit having a "delete entities in area" feature... Before items would group when near each other (eg, two coals in close poximitytpoximity turn into a single entity that holds 2) I crashed my save game by dropping a couple thousand sand entities. Solved it by deleting all entities in an area with mcedit. Not sure of mod support tho.
It should be fine, iirc. The modded blocks will appear as purple boxes, I think. Make a backup beforehand, just in case, however.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 12, 2015, 11:09:40 pm »

So, according to Sky, you tried to whitelist the internet with the http api. Unfortunately, that does not appear to have worked. Testing in singleplayer, it seems kinda finicky about the whitelist rules.

"*;*.*;*"

Seemed to work, but most substrings of it seemed to fail, including the simple "*" the instructions say to use. Can't make heads or tails of why, but there you have it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 13, 2015, 04:00:47 am »

Won't setting the server to peaceful mode get rid of the mobs? Wait. You said non-hostile?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 13, 2015, 05:04:14 am »

Okay, I think i'm going to jump on this server, after some disastrous mistake involving mystcraft and a highly unstable age plus no linking book I trashed that one (Technic launcher TPPI scrubs) And that was really the only thing stopping me from jumping onto something new.
A new mod-pack will certainly be interesting, if nothing else, oh, and my username is megabuster2000.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Hell Froze Over, Got Fired
« Reply #431 on: February 13, 2015, 05:08:55 pm »

The nether is dead. Long live the nether!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 13, 2015, 09:14:26 pm »

I've been in the nether a few times since and encountered the FPS killing thing twice now - it seemed to go away if I disconnected for a little while then came back. Thing i noticed was that ~15 entities appeared on journeymap, but probably more were being spawned in the same area.

I kind've rely on the Nether for my power supplies. :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #433 on: February 13, 2015, 10:00:34 pm »

Glass? I got glass.

So does McFry. :P

Edit: so cool! It's only possible in the cutting edge version of tinker's construct atm.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:05:25 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2015, 10:39:54 pm »

Started working on a twilight sciencey town thing. I'm gonna need glass. Lots of glass. LOTS AND LOTS of glass. It's square, but I plan to make a square 'dome' that kind of curves inwards with a flat top. Gonna have to find something to show me how to do that...

Sky's probably got tens of thousands of glass in her ME system.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 79