Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104553 times)

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Please Insert Disk 2
« Reply #375 on: February 07, 2015, 08:25:02 pm »

I am unsure if it is something I did, but the server is laggy now, only thing I can think of that I did was place a powered spawner

lag appears to of just been for a short bit, don't know what caused it.

and a quick question:  1.0.8 works for connecting to the server, right?  haven't updated to it yet
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:18:03 am by bluejello »

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 08, 2015, 11:38:39 am »

2 things
firstly my jetplate disappeared wile i was mining, it may be a bug or just me accidentally doing something stupid.
secondly who built the aesthetically pleasing tunnel beneath my house very nice i hit it wile mining.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 08, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »

I am unsure if it is something I did, but the server is laggy now, only thing I can think of that I did was place a powered spawner

lag appears to of just been for a short bit, don't know what caused it.

and a quick question:  1.0.8 works for connecting to the server, right?  haven't updated to it yet

No, the server's still on 1.0.7.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2015, 07:20:35 pm »

2 things
firstly my jetplate disappeared wile i was mining, it may be a bug or just me accidentally doing something stupid.
secondly who built the aesthetically pleasing tunnel beneath my house very nice i hit it wile mining.

That is likely Alway's Turtle Tunnel to Sky's house. I'm going to run a rail through it.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 08, 2015, 08:17:46 pm »

Yep; turtle tunnels run all over the place up north, from Shin's mountainhome to Sky and Web's old place, Reudh's place, etc. Tempted to drop them down further south too.

Everyone feel free to build stuff down there so long as it's off to the side of the tunnel or otherwise not obstructing the main path. There's a few areas off to the sides dug out by the turtles; so long as there aren't any turtles residing there (areas still under construction), those are pretty much fair game too. If necessary, I can have the turtles dig out an entrance shaft to the surface, given a few days to get around to it.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 08, 2015, 08:22:11 pm »

2 things

That is likely Alway's Turtle Tunnel to Sky's house. I'm going to run a rail through it.

mind if i add a subway station?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 08, 2015, 08:24:36 pm »

Go right ahead, but like Alway said, place it off to the side of the tunnel.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2015, 03:03:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Turtleman looking down at the city of GothamSpawn Town. The hero we need, but do not deserve. :P

(he's alway)

edit: McFry, I'll be borrowing the pseudostable ingot, for Ineffable Glass. It's in my ME system if you need it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:59:56 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2015, 10:35:02 pm »

hrm, wonder how many ores a minewood tree will pull overnight, time to see.  the tunnel will probably be encased in ores...  will remove the chunk loader used when I get on tomorrow.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2015, 01:06:17 am »

Railway now reaches up to Sky's old house, and will loop around the volcano before returning on another track.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #385 on: February 10, 2015, 01:21:03 am »

Rail everywhere!

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2015, 01:56:32 am »

Rail everywhere!

Reminds me, I've got the groundwork started on the freight rail to Sky Tower from my depot, plus 45 Reinforced Booster Rails. That should be enough to get it running the whole way.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 10, 2015, 02:05:50 am »

Also got new turtle tunnels going about halfway from Shin's mountainhome to Sky Tower at around z-layer 21. I'm now up to 20 mining turtles, which at my usual 1 per 16 blocks of turtle tunnels means I'm digging about a third of a kilometer of turtle tunnels at once now. :D

And that I need more chunkloaders, since the far end tends to unload due to the length being excavated at once...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:09:02 am by alway »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2015, 02:11:53 am »

I have plenty of ingredients fo chunkloaders in my storage system. Use as much as you like--it's possible I might not have gold, in which case you can actually order more.

Also, you can set chunkloaders to Z or X-line loading, which sounds perfect for digging long tunnels.

Rail everywhere!

Reminds me, I've got the groundwork started on the freight rail to Sky Tower from my depot, plus 45 Reinforced Booster Rails. That should be enough to get it running the whole way.
i shall try working on a loading & unloading mechanism when I have the chance to play. Between finding a renewable source of yellorit, bibuilding sky tower, and making contraptions I have quite a bit of things to do :P

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 11, 2015, 01:27:05 am »

I'm trying to decorate my cobble castle/office tower, but I'm having trouble with the Chisel decoration blocks, mainly, I can't build the tool I need. I need the Chisel chisel (TC chisels work differently) and the recipes in NEI don't work. Halp!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79