Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104492 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Siege The End
« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2015, 11:38:17 am »

I like making systems! Things that work and do stuff. And i'd like to build something cool but I never have the confidence to make it work out. Also I have a small packrat tendency and stockpiling is just fun in itself.

Making something pretty would be nice...

edit: Also, I don't like the IC2 crafting. The other crafting is ok.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2015, 11:43:15 am »

Wait... If you don't like crafting, then what do you actually do in the game? You're not mining, because you automate that... So that eliminates the Mining and the Crafting...
Building stuff. Setting up a working tree farm is pretty fun.
Rummaging through chests and looking up things on NEI every five seconds and finding space to deposit stuff because my inventory is clogged just to drag items into boxes and then drag another item out of a box isn't very fun :V

I can understand the appeal with stuff like Harvestcraft, where you have a bunch of simple recipes resulting in neat flavor stuff, but for the tech mods its layers upon layers upon layers of stuff, which is then tiered fifty times so you need twenty inventories of everything from emeralds to ender pearls to clay to craft a battery.

Just my opinion, though :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2015, 11:45:41 am »

Wait... If you don't like crafting, then what do you actually do in the game? You're not mining, because you automate that... So that eliminates the Mining and the Crafting...
Building stuff. Setting up a working tree farm is pretty fun.
Rummaging through chests and looking up things on NEI every five seconds and finding space to deposit stuff because my inventory is clogged just to drag items into boxes and then drag another item out of a box isn't very fun :V

I can understand the appeal with stuff like Harvestcraft, where you have a bunch of simple recipes resulting in neat flavor stuff, but for the tech mods its layers upon layers upon layers of stuff, which is then tiered fifty times so you need twenty inventories of everything from emeralds to ender pearls to clay to craft a battery.

Just my opinion, though :P

This is why I prefer low-magic and low-tech modpacks.
Tinkers Construct if fine in my opinion, IC2 however.. Makes my head spin.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2015, 11:47:03 am »

Example: Solar Flux's Solar Panels have tiers 1 to 6.

Tier 1 requires a mirror and wood and redstone.
Tier 2 requires 8 tier 1 and a redstone plus gold item.
Tier 3 requires 4 tier 2, 3 "photovoltic cells", a "leadstone cell".
Tier 4 requires 4 tier 3, 3 "photovoltic cells II" (which need 4 photovoltic cells I think), and a hardened cell.
Tier 5 requires 4 tier 4, 3 photovoltic cell III (needs 4 photovoltic cell II). and a redstone cell.
Tier 6 requires 4 tier 5, 3 photovoltic cell IV (needs 4 photovoltic cell III), and a vibrant cell...

it's just endless exponential growth. :(

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2015, 01:36:08 pm »

Example: Solar Flux's Solar Panels have tiers 1 to 6.

Tier 1 requires a mirror and wood and redstone.
Tier 2 requires 8 tier 1 and a redstone plus gold item.
Tier 3 requires 4 tier 2, 3 "photovoltic cells", a "leadstone cell".
Tier 4 requires 4 tier 3, 3 "photovoltic cells II" (which need 4 photovoltic cells I think), and a hardened cell.
Tier 5 requires 4 tier 4, 3 photovoltic cell III (needs 4 photovoltic cell II). and a redstone cell.
Tier 6 requires 4 tier 5, 3 photovoltic cell IV (needs 4 photovoltic cell III), and a vibrant cell...

it's just endless exponential growth. :(

Okay, yeah, that sounds less than fun. I prefer the nature stuff, which is fun. I love wandering, exploring, gathering stuff, building a nice house, farming, and cooking. I've also been playing with Ars Magica 2 on my single player and it is just spectacular. By far the best magic mod I've used. If anyone ever makes a server with my modpack, please add AM2! : D

I'm starting to consider moving to a new apartment so I can get faster internet. I have a beautiful apartment in a beautiful part of town with very reasonable rent, but it's impossible to get more than 300 kbps download speed and 10 kbps upload speed here. Impossible to really get into any online games with that kind of crap. And the speed frequently dips down to almost nothing for a few minutes at a time... : / You know it's bad when I'm considering actually packing up and moving to a different place, just for better internet!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2015, 01:52:53 pm »

I do think cooking and farming peacefully could also be fun.

And Botanica is supposedly less crafty than the tech mods. Ars Magica sounds fun too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2015, 01:54:08 pm »

Botania is much less crafty. But you need enough mana to do the things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #262 on: January 16, 2015, 02:14:20 pm »

Btw aklyon, how hard is it to make a Conjuration Catalyst? I am in dire need of nether quartz, and the CC seems like the best way to duplicate it, but I have done no botania at all. I can provide whatever help you may need! >.>

(My only experience with botania is throwing redstone into pools to get glowstone back)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 16, 2015, 02:17:34 pm »

Nvm fixed it
Nom nom nom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 16, 2015, 02:48:05 pm »

Btw aklyon, how hard is it to make a Conjuration Catalyst? I am in dire need of nether quartz, and the CC seems like the best way to duplicate it, but I have done no botania at all. I can provide whatever help you may need! >.>

(My only experience with botania is throwing redstone into pools to get glowstone back)
Well, considering it needs elementium (and a pixie dust), it would require the elven portal. Which needs a lot of mana to open.

The mana shouldn't be too terribly far off (I was planning to use blood magic to give me lava blocks for thermalillies to nom for probably-decent mana generation), but I'd still need some way to generate cows or sheep, since I'm pretty eh on leaving hostiles in my base to get sacrificed and we have neither that awesome geostrata crystal I had placed under my altar on a previous server before that gave free regen, nor the botania regen plant because its disabled in a config somewhere in the modpack. (the plant being enabled would be lovely, but I suppose it unbalances blood magic slightly more than a large pile of peanut butter does, or something) Also actually put together the ritual diviner, the ritual blocks, the improved altar and the portal stuff, and a couple more thermalillies.

Not so much hard to get as much as requires a bunch of setup and materials.

Edit: Probably an easier way to do it than combining magics, but I dunno.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:01:12 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 16, 2015, 03:11:57 pm »

If you want to generate cows, when I have time to get on  I can make you a fertility lamp.  Forced breeding via magic ftw :D
Nom nom nom

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 16, 2015, 03:17:00 pm »

In almost three hours, at the full hour, I'll summon a demon city. Everyone who wants to watch is invited. Everyone who doesn't want to watch is still invited.

It's gonna be very spectacular, lots of lightning and ritual and stuff.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:19:10 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2015, 03:22:49 pm »

A demon city?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Demon City Not Found, Please Stand By
« Reply #268 on: January 16, 2015, 07:48:19 pm »

So after much rage about not getting the ritual to work, I eventually got the ritual working (I just had to click the right face of the ritual stone), and we now have a demon city in the mining world. It's pretty small right now (at about 9 houses) but it's slowly growing and will eventually be 1000x1000 blocks large.

Spoiler: The first house (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:53:06 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Demon City Not Found, Please Stand By
« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2015, 07:50:33 pm »

To be fair, I did shoot your head off earlier, so I guess everyone's even.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 79