Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104484 times)

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Siege The End
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2015, 06:15:42 pm »

Plastic sheets are now also a pain in the ass, if this hasn't been said previously :l
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »

Its sorta like Rotarycraft, I'd think. Though less 'You can make this supercomplex if you want, or do a bit of math and determine the easiest engine combo to power your contraption without explosions' and more 'You need to do all of this. And all of that. And this block too, but after you use all your materials you'll get this one block that you can use later once you go get more power.'

Also ENR, if its all automated, then how do you input without quarries? :p
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2015, 06:25:51 pm »

Oh hey I found K1! It's at 197, -978, up in the air. A few chunks past Sky's base, where it probably went into unloaded territory and deactivated.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2015, 06:40:24 pm »

Why does everyone always forget about IC2's miners?

I prefer turtles for automated mining although, I'd much rather get in the nitty-gritty with a drill and mining laser.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 15, 2015, 06:59:04 pm »

I can't join the server, I got a java.net connect exception thingy
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 15, 2015, 06:59:54 pm »

That's because I just crashed the server. Apologies.

It's back up now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:03:45 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #246 on: January 15, 2015, 09:32:55 pm »

IC2 isn't a blight to the modding scene, but it should disappear as fast as possible, for the same reason that it's good that microsoft stopped supporting XP.
This is the makers of this pack adding more BS expensive recipes.

That said, dont use energy frames, use enderIO capacitor banks.
fun fact, you need IC2 energy stuff for that too! Isn't it just lovely?

To the person who said diffefent strokes for different people: nope, this mod pack forces you to do all the mods on the tech tree, so if you want to get a quarry from EnderIO you need midgame Ic2. Lategame energy cell means lategame IC2. Before, all you needed was a Redstone Energy Cell for a resonant enery cell.  It made sense, resonant is the upgrade to redstone in Thermal Expansion. Now, in dark trilogy 1.0.7, you need a MFSU for a Resonant and a MFE for a Redstone energy cell. Which makes no sense cause IC2 makes a point of using its own emeegy system the EU and how does putting 4 enderium around a EU storage device magically make it RF compatible :v  therecipe for MFSU looks wickedly complicated and expensive. It's making me set up a ME system so I'm not tedioused to death.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:38:09 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #247 on: January 15, 2015, 09:53:21 pm »

Unfortunately, shoving IC2 down our collective throats is one of the selling points of Dark Trilogy--making it so that no mod goes unused, at least on the Tech side.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 15, 2015, 11:12:33 pm »

yeah, unfortuneately I am no longer at the place with my good comp so I can't really play without lagging to death, and beside that I was only just starting on tech but now it seems like a pita :(
Nom nom nom

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 15, 2015, 11:24:24 pm »

Oh hey I found K1! It's at 197, -978, up in the air. A few chunks past Sky's base, where it probably went into unloaded territory and deactivated.

Hooray!

Both of the valiant turtles are alive and well. (I have K0 in my possession, courtesy of Alway).

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2015, 01:49:12 am »

yeah, unfortuneately I am no longer at the place with my good comp so I can't really play without lagging to death, and beside that I was only just starting on tech but now it seems like a pita :(
i forgot what your minecraft name is... are you Pox or Steady or someone else?

edit: in other news, even more packet loss.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:47:49 am by Skyrunner »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2015, 09:29:42 am »

When going back a version of a modpack sounds like a god idea (for other than bug-related reasons), they've screwed up something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2015, 11:05:54 am »

I already found some things pretty grindy BEFORE all these super-duper grindy updates came around.

Minecraft would be better without the crafting imo.

I actually like the IC2 wires, though. Makes you put some more thought into them, but I can see why people dont like them, too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2015, 11:07:26 am »

The only reason I'm making an ME system is because it lets you skip the crafting.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2015, 11:25:28 am »

Wait... If you don't like crafting, then what do you actually do in the game? You're not mining, because you automate that... So that eliminates the Mining and the Crafting...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 79