Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104426 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Boogaloo
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2015, 12:10:13 pm »

I promise to make you a Magnum Torch tomorrow. It'll keep the creepers away in a 128 block radius!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2015, 12:30:50 pm »

I also vote for turning mob griefing off. I'm fine with getting blown up if I'm dumb enough to let a creeper get to me, but having them destroy terrain is, just as it says, nothing but griefing. Doesn't make the game better, just a huge annoyance.

Botania looks cool, though. I'll have to play around with it a bit.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2015, 12:37:28 pm »

just rebuild it, it's not like they make a huge crater or something.

and it's hardly ever night in the first place, since everybody always sleeps.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2015, 12:57:49 pm »

I also vote for turning mob griefing off. I'm fine with getting blown up if I'm dumb enough to let a creeper get to me, but having them destroy terrain is, just as it says, nothing but griefing. Doesn't make the game better, just a huge annoyance.

I've got part of it put together at my not-yet house/hill, if you want to see some of it. Was planning to support the RF-conversion side of it  (or maybe both parts) with some blood magic rituals to experiment with thermalilies later.

Also Sky, that is a wonderfully labelled map. The unknown you have marked I remember being Steady's, so I guess he moved.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2015, 01:07:17 pm »

just rebuild it, it's not like they make a huge crater or something.

and it's hardly ever night in the first place, since everybody always sleeps.

not to mention you can see EVERY mob around you on your minimap.

I absolutely hate creeper-craters and that's why I would never play with out them :]

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2015, 01:09:10 pm »

I've got part of it put together at my not-yet house/hill, if you want to see some of it. Was planning to support the RF-conversion side of it  (or maybe both parts) with some blood magic rituals to experiment with thermalilies later.

Also Sky, that is a wonderfully labelled map. The unknown you have marked I remember being Steady's, so I guess he moved.
thanks c: Tomorrow I'll post an  update, with Nightscar's home. The unknown house had absolutely nothing in it, so it's quite possible that it is steady's abandoned one.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2015, 07:34:48 pm »

McFry had previously said no to turning off Mob Greifing because it makes automated wither farms too easy. However, as someone who is about to build an automated wither grinder, I'll be using Thaumcraft's Warded Blocks, which can't be destroyed by mobs. So, it's likely for the best to just turn greifing off, and preserve the artistic players work.

Alternatively, I can teach / set up a few of you guys to ward blocks if you like. Warded blocks can only be destroyed by the player that warded them.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2015, 07:42:47 pm »

Well warded blocks don't protect the landscapes.
And not everyone of us want warded blocks. They don't exactly look very aesthetic.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2015, 08:06:57 pm »

Okay fine. Mob griefing is off now.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2015, 08:20:30 pm »

So uh, anyone got any suggestions as to why this is running so slowly for me? i've put everything on lowest, allocated Minecraft lots of ram...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2015, 08:23:01 pm »

Might be your Java version, or background processes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2015, 08:34:45 pm »

Are you using 64-bit java?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2015, 08:37:14 pm »

Are you using 64-bit java?

Sure am. Had to download and install it before playing.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2015, 09:38:43 pm »

All I can do is repeat the stuff said everywhere...

Did you increase RAM used in the launcher ... wait you did, I remwmber yiu saying so. Have you tried 4 GB instead of 3?

Are you sure your pc is using the graphics card,not the integrated graphics? Are the drivers up to date? Have you tried enabling Advanced OpenGL in the options (it might help, it might not)? Are the graphics on lowest, especially trees and clouds? Maybe your PC isn't beefy enough, what are the specs?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2015, 09:39:45 pm »

I use five halves a gigabyte, I believe.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79