Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104429 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Boogaloo
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2015, 01:34:29 pm »

So I went and checked the server, and it seems like either the 1.0.6 update or something else made my waypoints all poof, along with the explored parts of minimap. Is there a way to pull the map back over from previous folders in the ftb directory, so i can see how out of date mine are compared to miauw's?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2015, 01:56:47 pm »

Hrmmm.... While my internet is being slow as balls, I've been trying to learn how to use magic on a single player world, but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I'm using Ars Magica 2, and I can't make my first spell. I made the occulus, learned projectile, touch, and dig. I made the inscription table and a writable book. I open the table UI and my three symbols are in the top box. At the bottom of the window are 4 brown boxes, the last of which is disabled. To start with, projectile and touch are both enabled, while dig is disabled. I drag projectile down to the first brown box, and now dig is enabled... but when I try to drag dig down there, it won't stick. I've tried putting it in the same brown box as projectile, in a neighboring box, nothing works. Then I tried the same thing using touch instead of projectile, with the same result.

I've been googling like crazy trying to figure out how this is supposed to work, but I cannot find a single explanation anywhere. Every page just says "make a spell at the inscription table," no details. I can't find answers in my Arcane Compendium, either. Same problem.

I'm just trying to make a simple dig spell. What the crap is going on here? What have I missed? Or is it bugged somehow?

EDIT: Finally figured it out. Apparently the gray box at the bottom that I thought was a button is actually for some of the symbols. Ridiculously complicated, and I don't even understand why... I looked at older versions of the mod and the UI was far easier to understand. Why the extra complication?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:58:16 pm by Sappho »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2015, 05:39:13 pm »

Hrmmm.... While my internet is being slow as balls, I've been trying to learn how to use magic on a single player world, but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I'm using Ars Magica 2, and I can't make my first spell. I made the occulus, learned projectile, touch, and dig. I made the inscription table and a writable book. I open the table UI and my three symbols are in the top box. At the bottom of the window are 4 brown boxes, the last of which is disabled. To start with, projectile and touch are both enabled, while dig is disabled. I drag projectile down to the first brown box, and now dig is enabled... but when I try to drag dig down there, it won't stick. I've tried putting it in the same brown box as projectile, in a neighboring box, nothing works. Then I tried the same thing using touch instead of projectile, with the same result.

I've been googling like crazy trying to figure out how this is supposed to work, but I cannot find a single explanation anywhere. Every page just says "make a spell at the inscription table," no details. I can't find answers in my Arcane Compendium, either. Same problem.

I'm just trying to make a simple dig spell. What the crap is going on here? What have I missed? Or is it bugged somehow?

EDIT: Finally figured it out. Apparently the gray box at the bottom that I thought was a button is actually for some of the symbols. Ridiculously complicated, and I don't even understand why... I looked at older versions of the mod and the UI was far easier to understand. Why the extra complication?
To allow more targeting methods within a spell, IIRC. The different orange boxes are fire modes that can be toggled, while the grey is the actual spell.

Just a fun spell for Ars Magica 2 users: 'wall'>'wall'>'wall'>'channel' in the first orange box, and 'storm' in the grey bar. Then go into a 1x1 pit inside with a farm mob and activate it. Have fun with the results. Never use while outside, though a window is OK.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2015, 09:22:06 pm »

I didn't know the server had Ars Magica.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2015, 09:22:57 pm »

I didn't know the server had Ars Magica.
It doesn't, to my knowledge.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2015, 09:26:36 pm »

Has anyone explored to the West?

I've been using a custom modpack for so long, I forgot we were using a pre-made one. I don't even think Zan's lets you look at the whole map like that. Just the minimap and waypoints. I shall consider a change!
I suspect everybody saw the big tower and buildings to the s-se and either went in that direction or n-nw to get far away from it all.

As for me, I'm at Shin's mountainhome to the n-nw, as well as slowly teaching mining turtles how to build their own mountainhome to the n-w of that.

Edit: On another note, the computercraft config file seems to currently disallow the pastebin stuff from working (a bit of a pain when writing turtle code). Whenever the server gets rebooted next time, could you look into changing that? From what I can tell, it should just be a matter of going into config/ComputerCraft.cfg and setting 'B:enableAPI_http=' to true.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:50:39 pm by alway »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2015, 09:43:42 pm »

edit:
Whenever I try to join, I loose the connection.
And get a list of mod rejects or something.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:53:32 pm by Ultimuh »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2015, 09:53:16 pm »

As you seem to be having trouble logging in Ultimuh: set the version to 1.0.6 of The Dark Trilogy. It updated today, but the server hasn't.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2015, 09:53:46 pm »

Ah I see, thanks.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2015, 09:57:22 pm »

I'll be joining, under the name Kenozi.

EDIT: Scratch that. 1-10fps is unplayable, even with everything on lowest and letting minecraft finish loading chunks, with lots of ram allocated too. It's so stupid, I can run vanilla perfectly fine on high.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:42:43 pm by Reudh »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2015, 02:17:21 am »

No Ars Magica? Shucks. I had just assumed that it was there, since everyone said it has magic. I had just added it to my custom modpack to practice with. So the only magic is Thaumcraft and Blood Magic? I'm not really interested in those. I tried Thaumcraft once and I strongly disliked it. Shame there's no Ars Magica. Oh, well. I'll have to stick to nature stuff, I guess.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2015, 05:41:17 am »

My version of the Bay12 server map!

edit: I just found Putnam's home. It's kinda funny how i identify homes by whose head is on display..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:54:38 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2015, 06:34:15 am »

No Ars Magica? Shucks. I had just assumed that it was there, since everyone said it has magic. I had just added it to my custom modpack to practice with. So the only magic is Thaumcraft and Blood Magic? I'm not really interested in those. I tried Thaumcraft once and I strongly disliked it. Shame there's no Ars Magica. Oh, well. I'll have to stick to nature stuff, I guess.
Yeah, unfortunately some of the magic mods such as Witchery aren't on there yet. I think there's one called Botania as well, though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2015, 10:34:20 am »

Yeah, we also have Botania.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2015, 10:41:45 am »

I am really nervous about creepers potentially destroying my projects.
I would suggest you turn mobgriefing off, if that' not too much to ask?
If it is, oh well.. At least I tried.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 79