Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104404 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Boogaloo
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2015, 12:18:18 pm »

I wonder if it's just my timezone, or if the server is slowly dying. I'm alone for most of the day, sometimes seeing Pox or alway. No-one else :c McFry and steady2012 seem to have stopped playing.
For me its just been having too many things I could do. Eventually I will get to actually making my house.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2015, 12:55:54 pm »

I'm steady2010 and have just been pretty busy with irl stuff the last few days.  Haven't actually been home since this morning :p
Nom nom nom

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2015, 02:14:38 pm »

Starbound.

Also; it's not a race to exhaust all the content. Stop and smell the roses... or the avocados.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2015, 02:16:02 pm »

Stop and smell the roads.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2015, 02:33:58 pm »

How far has the near-steady taint spread?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:48 pm »

It still slowly progresses toward spawn.
Spoiler: Screenshot of the map (click to show/hide)

Btw, for those who don't know me, I'm Maunoir on the server. I live in the farm just behind spawn!
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2015, 05:48:24 pm »

Not anywhere near Wizard Isle, then, I guess.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2015, 05:49:39 pm »

Wizard Isle is just south of the map there.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2015, 05:51:43 pm »

Yeah, I can just see the river.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2015, 01:57:01 am »

I need to get back on and play some more. Last time I tried, my internet wouldn't let me. : (

I suggest that either:
1. We embark on a grand crusade to rid the world of this taint (I think we have to rip it up from the ground and kill all the magic dudes who spawn on it), or
2. Start a new map, because this one is kind of awful... Massive area of taint, huge mountains in every direction, it's just terrible trying to find a good place to build. I know that's easy for me to say, since I haven't built anything yet that might get lost, but it's just a suggestion. I've heard others complaining that the map is not very good, at least not anywhere near the starting area.

I have to say, it's tough trying to join a server where people are already established. That whole "let's survive and build up from nothing" feel is kind of ruined when there's a massive farm at the start with every type of food growing in it, and people have stockpiles of all kinds of stuff that they're happy to share. I know I could just ignore that stuff and strike off on my own, but it wouldn't make any sense to do so when everything is just right there.

You guys have built some lovely stuff, though. My creations are always ugly and functional. I don't seem to have that ability to look at all the parts and figure out how to put them together in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2015, 02:19:52 am »

I don't think I'd like a map remake, because I just now finished my huge industry thing :(

I think taint is cleansed by planting silverwood trees.

Me and web struck out on our own, and lived mostly self-sufficiently until we could make our own farms for trees and whatnot. I think it's still doable, especially if you're planning on teching up.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2015, 06:29:03 am »

I don't think I'd like a map remake, because I just now finished my huge industry thing :(
I agree. I'm only just getting close to finishing my house now, and I've barely touched the modpack yet.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2015, 08:41:42 am »

Haha, well, I had a feeling that suggestion would not be met with resounding enthusiasm. : ) I suppose I will have to just wander until I find a good spot to settle, even if it's really far from spawn. I don't plan to use the tech stuff. I've never really been able to get into it. I've never gotten into magic, either, though I may give it a shot this time around.

Any chance of getting a few people together and going on a quest to rid the world of taint?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2015, 08:59:00 am »

My main problem is I live in a different timezone to everyone, so I can't join... :( I end up doing technical stuff on my own, because logical problems and solutions are always fun to do, whether alone or not.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2015, 09:21:05 am »

What timezone do you live in? I'm in GMT+1.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 79