Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104501 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: 4AboPLw_ppE
« Reply #840 on: November 22, 2015, 01:11:42 pm »

You guys ready for another round of server?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 22, 2015, 01:12:06 pm »

What kind of server?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 22, 2015, 01:35:02 pm »

What kind of server?

Minecraft, as usual. Haven't decided on the modpack yet, suggestions are welcome.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 22, 2015, 01:37:25 pm »

What kind of server?

Minecraft, as usual. Haven't decided on the modpack yet, suggestions are welcome.

What MC version though?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 22, 2015, 01:41:07 pm »

I'd suggest a custom modpack, really.
There isn't much that contains all the good mods without also having a lot of bloat.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 22, 2015, 01:56:17 pm »

We'd end up with a lot of mods anyway, likely.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 22, 2015, 02:13:14 pm »

Yeah, but we could decide which ones! :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 22, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »

Magma, are you gonna put up an archive copy of the Infinity 1.2.1 instance, like you did with a(t least one) previous world?

I'm of neutral opinion on the custom vs. stock modpack question...  I had reasonable performance from the Infinity modpack; the part that killed it for me was everyone making complex machines, planting chunk loaders, then leaving forever.  :/  Laggy as hell, even when I had the server to myself.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 22, 2015, 02:34:06 pm »

That does tend to be the problem with chunk loaders.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 22, 2015, 02:52:24 pm »

Infinity should be fine. I can't really speak for gameplay issues, though, because my computer was too old to play heavily-modded Minecraft last time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 22, 2015, 03:54:28 pm »

I would be fine with any mod packs which has Crayfish's furniture mod.
V 1.8 of Minecraft would be nice, although not many modpacks support that version.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 22, 2015, 05:40:37 pm »

As amused as I can get about rotarycraft when it works, I'd be fine with any that had thermal expansion or botania, since I remember those two. Somewhat.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:43:02 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 22, 2015, 05:58:15 pm »

As long as it doesn't have IC2, I guess it'd be okay by me. I'd still prefer custom, though.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 22, 2015, 07:16:29 pm »

Okay, custom modpack it is then. I made a googly duck where you guys can enter the mods you would like to have in the modpack. Feel free to trawl through the mod lists of existing modpacks and add all the utility mods and other omnipresent mods (Iron Chests, Chisel, Inventory Tweaks, NEI, etc...), if you have time. I'll check back tomorrow evening. That's not a deadline.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:19:03 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 22, 2015, 08:48:47 pm »

Magma, are you gonna put up an archive copy of the Infinity 1.2.1 instance, like you did with a(t least one) previous world?

I'm of neutral opinion on the custom vs. stock modpack question...  I had reasonable performance from the Infinity modpack; the part that killed it for me was everyone making complex machines, planting chunk loaders, then leaving forever.  :/  Laggy as hell, even when I had the server to myself.

The Railcraft chunk loaders were time-based, if I recall. You put an Eye of Ender into them, and it would operate for 12 real time hours per eye of ender, and then shut down. I used them fairly frequently, as I was away a lot of the time. I also only had one chunk I needed loaded anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 79