Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104499 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: R3lcXUbvoK8
« Reply #825 on: March 31, 2015, 07:53:26 am »

Actually, a quest based multiplayer Minecraft map wouldn't be too bad, right? Like blightfall, it includes multiple starting points, a large amount of options to go with starts off with the basis that the entire planet is literally covered with taint and you must survive from there.
Of course it does have the limited lives thing so maybe not.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: R3lcXUbvoK8
« Reply #826 on: April 01, 2015, 10:52:54 am »

I refuse tot ouch Gregtech.

I used to not mind it, then it went *insane*

Yo dawg, I herd you like tech so I changed it and made it so you need 25 additional steps and 500 ore to make your first hammer!. Ugh.

Also, posting to watch. In case I decide to join this server. Which... I... mustn't...

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: 4AboPLw_ppE
« Reply #827 on: May 12, 2015, 09:18:38 am »

Is anyone there?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #828 on: May 12, 2015, 09:21:37 am »

Not that I know of...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 12, 2015, 09:30:25 am »

You guys want a new server? It's only been like two months since the last one, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of updated or new mods since back then. But if I missed something and there's a new modpack or something around and everyone's like 'fuck yeah I wanna play that', then I'll put the server up again.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #830 on: May 12, 2015, 09:49:47 am »

Well; in my case I had a really strong urge to play Minecraft again when I stumbled upon the old server! And now I've scratched that Minecraft itch through a couple months of intensive play, so I think I wouldn't play a lot on a new server. I imagine that maybe a year later I'll have that again, plus a ton of new mods to try out... but not now.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 12, 2015, 09:50:31 am »

From the recent posts, seems more like the people that are on it finished the stuff they wanted to do, or went to do other stuff instead and forgot to finish things.
Although as far as new not-quite-finished mods go, I did see a video on EE3. Looked pretty dang awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 23, 2015, 01:13:07 pm »

I would be interested in a new modpack/new server just cause I kinda built everything/researched everything and did everything on the current one.  I personally like the initial low-tech building up phase of minecraft... that's my main problem anyways why I stop playing after awhile.
However I was actually looking for the server info again to start playing a bit.
Nom nom nom

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 23, 2015, 03:08:14 pm »

I've actually kinda been feeling like minecraft again myself, and been meaning to try it in a more semi public environment. So I guess chalk up some interest from me at least.

I'm happy so long as I can play around with bees, though I've been meaning to get into witchery too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 24, 2015, 10:31:20 am »

Some type of modpack with harder mobs/bosses/exporation might be cool as well, I found that the last one you kinda got to 'super-late game I am a god' really fast and easily.. which I didn't expect.
Nom nom nom

Dragor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 24, 2015, 12:33:52 pm »

I second that. I found the progression on the last pack too fast. I connected by the first day, couldn't connect for a few days and when I came back everyone was insanely powerful.

I already talked about Regrowth, which I played more and can say that the progression is quite slow. You cannot for example go from tierX material to tierX+2 material. You have to get the tierX+1 material beforehand to mine the tierX+2 material. In the last pack I found a lot of materials that were useless for my pickaxe.
And for resources, it's all or nothing. You begin with nothing, no ores, no redstone, no food. And as everything is based on crops, as soon as you got a resource you have infinite of it.

Actually, a quest based multiplayer Minecraft map wouldn't be too bad, right? Like blightfall, it includes multiple starting points, a large amount of options to go with starts off with the basis that the entire planet is literally covered with taint and you must survive from there.Of course it does have the limited lives thing so maybe not.
I looked for Blightfall and I think it was removed. But a similar themed pack was listed on FTB : Hubris. Taint everywhere and quests and mobs and dungeons and stuff.
And for the limited lives, if it's done by the Hardcore Questing Mode you can deactivate Hardcore mode (limited lives) or set the number of lives but keep the quests.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:06:40 pm by Dragor »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 24, 2015, 02:02:35 pm »

I don't want a survival pack either, I'd rather have more of something like The Madpack on the ATlauncher, or Hubris as previously mentioned.  Tolkien craft could also be fun for awhile.   Something hard/challenging would be cool but not something where you dehydrate/starve to death in a few minutes.
Nom nom nom

Dragor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 24, 2015, 02:27:34 pm »

I don't get why you say Regrowth is a hardcore survival pack ? There is no struggle for food or security in Regrowth. In maybe one hour or less you can have infinite bread thanks to one seed and agricraft. It's very slow-paced (at least at start), but not hard at all.
Agrarians Skies would more fit into the "hardcore survival" than Regrowth for me.

Btw I'm more for a pack like Tolkiencraft which sounds very cool.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #838 on: May 24, 2015, 09:06:07 pm »

I've been recently playing around with AgSkies2 with a friend. It's pretty neat :v

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #839 on: May 24, 2015, 09:12:10 pm »

I wasn't really recommending it for a server, just as something you play with one other person :P I don't see how it'd work as a server...

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 79