Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104588 times)

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Hell Froze Over, Got Fired
« Reply #450 on: February 14, 2015, 09:19:44 pm »

did the sleeping mod get removed?  the one where it tells how many people are sleeping.

and long time to cook stuff sounds like a low tickrate, which probably is caused by the nether issues

and is there a way to stop rain without a rainmaker? 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:29:46 pm by bluejello »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2015, 11:27:24 pm »

That was the periodic server reset.

Also, are we sure on that interaction? Post-reset, I went to check on my pump, nothing near it...

Possibly invisible?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 15, 2015, 12:54:59 am »

I really don't see what could go wrong there.

In other news, I got a Minewood and brought my Pick up to Fortune III.
Diamonds. Diamonds everywhere.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #453 on: February 15, 2015, 01:42:33 am »

I wonder if minewood slowly deprives the area of ore... if that's the case it might be better to put it in the mining world.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 15, 2015, 01:47:58 am »

It should only have a limited range, so as long as I use it under my home, it should be fine.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 15, 2015, 11:53:41 am »

I do have two set up under the spawn area, and they work by pulling the ore closer to it I think.  so yea, it does deplete the area around it, but there is a lot more ore in a area that you can get with a minewood core than branch mining.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 15, 2015, 12:59:46 pm »

Can there be some sort of compromise on the mob spawning? Atleast the thaumic outer lands got quite easy and one cant get the drops from the guardians or husks

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 15, 2015, 01:32:41 pm »

me and ivefan managed to get outside the thaumic outer lands (don't make new portals, they don't lead to the structure, but to the void beyond)

Ive died to the void, I was trying to get back into the structure with enderpearls and got stuck in the walls between it. I had a charm of keeping on me so I should of kept my stuff on my death, but apparently that was not to be...  may of had it on another toolbar (tinkers belt)

I was in the outer lands at the latest backup I think, but if the charm of keeping was on me then I should be able to get it to work

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 16, 2015, 02:13:35 am »

Does anyone (specifically the person who planted them) mind if I cut down one of the Greatwoods near spawn? I want to create a structure there, but the leaves of one of them is getting in the way and cutting them would make for an ugly tree+building.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #459 on: February 16, 2015, 03:15:30 am »

Well... I drank a bucket of resonant ender just to see what happened.

Turns out it teleports you EIGHT kilometers away.

So, uh, can I get teleported back home, mcFry? ;-;

edit: I just put everything inside my ender pouch, including the ender pouch itself, then killed myself. Back home in a jiffy!

Also it seems that the no-mob-spawns rule you set yesterday got undone. I see slimes and stuff again.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:57:17 am by Skyrunner »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 16, 2015, 04:40:30 am »

Yeah, I undid that for a day to let Ivefan and BlueJello have fun exploring the outer lands.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #461 on: February 16, 2015, 04:41:58 am »

It turns out they got stuck in the "void" part of the Outer Lands instead of the dungeon proper :(

Is it easy to do blood magic up to a point where you can make teleporters? Coupled with tesseracts and Quantum Network Bridges, it might be possible to make my own lonely resort somewhere. :P

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 16, 2015, 12:04:44 pm »

Does anyone (specifically the person who planted them) mind if I cut down one of the Greatwoods near spawn? I want to create a structure there, but the leaves of one of them is getting in the way and cutting them would make for an ugly tree+building.
Feel free to cut them all down. i dont even remember why i planted them.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 16, 2015, 09:11:15 pm »

Guys...

The Nether's done it. Again. I keep getting kicked for fatal exceptions.

I haven't had that happen for me yet, thankfully, but the nether is my fuel source :O

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #464 on: February 17, 2015, 01:41:43 am »

The server backup really lags the server out now. It used to be over really quickly, but now it takes quite a while...

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 79