Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104491 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: City of Demonton, Population: Angry
« Reply #285 on: January 19, 2015, 11:11:44 am »

Good news, everyone! Turns out that the lag was just caused by the server being up for so long. I restarted it, it should be all fine now.
Ah, thank you!
I'll be on soon!
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2015, 11:46:45 pm »

I think the server is having server-side lag again. Perhaps some sort of script that reboots it daily is in order...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2015, 09:30:00 pm »

Today's rage: the lag made my tier five jetpack disappear. *sigh*

What happened was that even though I equipped my jetpack on my client, the server registered it as me picking up the jetpack but not equipping it. So when I logged out, I dropped the jetpack on the floor where it despawned. Sigh.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 22, 2015, 07:40:37 pm »

Just a note because I haven't said it in this thread yet: The server is now configured to restart once a day, I don't know when exactly. So if the server closes for any reason, just wait a couple minutes and it should be back up.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2015, 09:38:26 pm »

:/ My FTB crashes whenever I log on to the server(error below). This is rather irritating, to be honest. I was looking forward to getting on, but the arrow/bolt won't despawn unless chunks are loaded, and you can't do that without the player getting trapped the same way I am, so rragh.

Spoiler: Error (click to show/hide)
EDIT:Oh fuck. I think that's the bolt rendered in my crossbow. I was carrying my thaumcraft getup because I was searching for nodes and getting RP, and I really don't want to lose that at all. :/ Inventory wipe might be necessary here, though I don't wanna lose all my goodies. I could stand losing my crossbow, though. I wanted ta make a better one anyway.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:51:35 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #290 on: January 24, 2015, 12:21:42 am »

If you go to a large hollow hill north of my house with a twilight oak on top of it and find my grave, no taking my stuff unless you intend to bring it back. I fucked up and fell in the top, then my frames dropped resulting in kobolds mobbing me and me not being able to respond in kind.

EDIT: Got my stuff back and discovered much to my annoyance that fortune and autosmelt no longer stack.
That one seems to be a config option.

@Mcfry: Are you sure the cron job is working properly? I'm having extreme lag today, too--opening a GUI or toggling hover takes a long, long time to happen.

edit 2: seems it was a temporary lag spike, but my edit1 still stands!
edit 2.5: nope, serious rubberbanding going on...

edit: Also, maybe you could take a bit of time to break chunkloaders of people who aren't playing anymore and aren't supporting infrastructure (eg, Pox's blood farm for the server teleporter). I haven't seen Steady2012 in a while, and I think he has a chunkloader in his house. I bet there is a bunch of other chunkloaders that can be removed until their owners come back.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:30:31 am by Skyrunner »

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 24, 2015, 01:03:13 am »

Feel free to disable my (Pox's) loader. I cant get on for a while, sorry.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #292 on: January 24, 2015, 03:32:05 am »

January 24th map! There's a bunch of unknown houses now.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2015, 03:48:28 am »

These maps makes me wonder why we all choose to be hermits instead of working together to build.. a town or something.
Are we really that socially awkward?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2015, 04:01:44 am »

I dunno, that's how it ended up. Last time around we had a town.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2015, 04:32:14 am »

These maps makes me wonder why we all choose to be hermits instead of working together to build.. a town or something.
Are we really that socially awkward?

Not necessarily. People like space. It holds true for real life too.

So, as some of you know, i've been playing around with Railcraft. I eventually intend to make a full train line system with stations and everything. Alway has generously offered me tunnels dug by his turtle army, but I need iron.

Those of you with excess iron or steel, preferably iron, could you send it my way?

Skyrunner has also offered to make rails for me.
Iron is required for reinforced rails (in the construction of Rebar), as is obsidian. I plan to use basic rails for the most part, as the locomotives are plenty fast anyway.
Iron is also needed to build viaducts over water or chasms, if it came to it.

Basic rails simply use wood slabs, creosote, iron ingots, and I have plenty of creosote and wood available - i just need iron ingots or blocks.
All other components of the rail system I have already.
I am also able to make private, dyed locomotives if anyone would like their own ones to run themselves.

The locomotives themselves are pretty easy to run - add four buckets of water, add fuel, set it to start up and put it in gear, and when it has enough steam, it will start to move. They have three states: Run, Idle and Shutdown. Respectively:
- Run starts burning the fuel and water to generate steam. When the train has enough steam and is hot enough, it will begin to move in whichever gear you have selected: < (Reverse), > (1), >> (2) and >>>> (3).
- Idle continues burning the fuel and depleting the water, but halts the locomotive. (Theoretically this lowers fuel consumption).
- Shutdown finishes burning the current item, then switches the engine off and cools it.

Here's a really basic map using the Skyrunner Map from 09/01:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Station names and the area the line actually proceeds through are open to negotiation. I'll need okays from people for certain portions of track, if it passes through "their territory".

I may not run the line to a person if they no longer play.

With help from Skyrunner to build it, Stations themselves can dispense water and coal to keep the train running full if your own stores are not enough while running it. Trains will ideally also stop at the station for a portion of time before resuming, probably 15-30 seconds.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2015, 04:40:52 am »

Reudh, you have my permission to use my underground bedrock-level tunnel for your railway.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2015, 05:10:13 am »

You can build over my area, but please be careful, since I have no roof. :P

Also, my chunkloader can probably be disabled. Feel free to take some pearls/blaze rods/mob essence or misc stuff from the quarry, I've sort of stopped playing.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2015, 06:43:26 am »

The thing is, I think only the owner and admins can break chunkloaders...

Also it looks like the lag is suddenly gone. Maybe the server did reboot itself after all.

I'm building a skyscraper but it turns out that it's way too big. I don't have enough stuff to put in it, so if anyone wants room just ask >_>

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2015, 07:23:53 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 79