Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104489 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: City of Demonton, Population: Angry
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2015, 03:21:28 am »

It seems to come and go.

In other news, I finished my coke oven, and my initial railway down my mines! I'm planning on expanding the tunnel to Shinotsa/Alway/Nightscar/Sackhead to have a proper underground railway... how delicious.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2015, 11:30:50 am »

Question!
Are computercraft pastebin function enabled, if not, can it be turned on?
I tried to use it but i dont know if i made a mistake.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2015, 01:25:50 pm »

Pastebin is technically enabled, but apparently our IP is blacklisted by Pastebin because of too many requests. Other people have complained, but I can't do anything about that.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2015, 01:34:37 pm »

I assume there is no workaround either... other then sending you all our codes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2015, 02:53:14 pm »

Pastebin is technically enabled, but apparently our IP is blacklisted by Pastebin because of too many requests. Other people have complained, but I can't do anything about that.

I can't use it in single player either. I just use a gist thing. I have a disk holding the gist program in my ME system.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2015, 02:59:25 pm »

Ah, so that was the issue. Well, in that case, I think I'll write up a bit of a tutorial later on creating a workaround for those like myself who would really like that sort of functionality. Short version: you can set up a rudimentary http server on your desktop, with some php scripts to save turtle http post's to a file on your machine, and how to pull a file back from your machine to the turtles.

This will require whitelisting of said local servers in the computercraft config, but I tossed together a proof of concept of it all in the past, so it should pretty much work. Also has the benefit of no intermediary like pastebin, so you can use it for some rather nifty stuff if used in combination with some code running on users' machines. Stuff like a central turtle control system running native C++ code, which was my original purpose for such a system. :P

Fakeedit: or just use gist or something :v

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2015, 10:03:01 pm »

I never knew Putnam has a ME system, too :o

Speaking of ME, it's strange how my system 'clogs' when trying to make a T4 solar panel. It has a bunch of parts all stored and the t3 panels scheduled but nothing crafting, as of yesterday...

Also, how do you access your ME system from anywhere, McFry?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2015, 10:39:57 pm »

Logistics pipes, remote receiver or something like that.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2015, 02:20:38 am »

Yep. In my base, there's a ME interface next to a provider logistics pipe next to a remote orderer logistics pipe next to an ink sac'd ender chest, and in my inventory there's a remote orderer bound to that pipe, and an ender pouch connected to that chest. I can request stuff with the orderer, then take it out of the pouch.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2015, 03:37:53 am »

Once I finish my train line to Shinotsa's Mountainhome, i'll take whoever would like to come on a train journey.

It ought to be pretty fun.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2015, 06:54:09 am »

Nah, I think it's just because my server provider has had a lot of modded servers using that IP before, which in turn used Pastebin.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 19, 2015, 07:05:43 am »

Once I finish my train line to Shinotsa's Mountainhome, i'll take whoever would like to come on a train journey.

He, I'd come to such a party! And I should also finish digging the tunnel between my place and the main tunnel, and add more rails. o/

In other news, my work on the museum build is going well. I finished the floors and I already started to work on the walls.The roof will be the last thing I'll add.
So, Sky, you can start displaying your trees. And I would be pleased to receive any gifts that could be exhibited, such as ingots, metal blocks and full armor sets.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2015, 07:21:08 am »

I can provide rum if i can get on

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2015, 08:46:46 am »

He, I'd come to such a party! And I should also finish digging the tunnel between my place and the main tunnel, and add more rails. o/

In other news, my work on the museum build is going well. I finished the floors and I already started to work on the walls.The roof will be the last thing I'll add.
So, Sky, you can start displaying your trees. And I would be pleased to receive any gifts that could be exhibited, such as ingots, metal blocks and full armor sets.

I've already collected all of the non-magical ingots, so no need to worry bout that. I only got 20 or so (Forestry) tree types tho.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2015, 10:44:02 am »

Good news, everyone! Turns out that the lag was just caused by the server being up for so long. I restarted it, it should be all fine now.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 79