Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104467 times)

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Siege The End
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2015, 03:58:00 am »

A Warning to anyone using Osmotic Enchanters...

I can't even make one, the infusion table wont start when I click on it with a wand
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2015, 07:12:57 am »

I've been trying some stuff, and now the modpack seems to work. I'll come online if it does :3

Edit: The pack works, but i'm unable to join the server D;. It says "Can't resolve hostname"
EditEdit: And now i'm able to join the server :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:19:48 am by Lord_lemonpie »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2015, 10:59:32 am »

A Warning to anyone using Osmotic Enchanters. Twilight Forest v2.3.2 (and not 2.3.1 or earlier) has an unforeseen interaction with the Thaumic Tinker's Osmotic Enchanter causing the block to corrupt when you start enchanting. Thankfully the server has a safeguard and will delete the block instead of crashing, but you will lose your enchanter, wand, and whatever you try to enchant. Until the pack updates, just consider the Osmotic Enchanter Offline.
Aw.... bloody eh then.  Well good to know I guess.
Nom nom nom

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2015, 02:43:55 pm »

This sounds fun, I'll join!
Account name = blucifer2012
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2015, 12:50:24 am »

i to am interested in joining my username is sackhead_

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2015, 04:06:24 am »

I'm getting 50% packet loss to the server now--even though my ping is only 300ms I can't log on and do stuff because all the packets disappear. :/

edit: the heck, why does every energy frame, including redstone and resonant, require an MFE now? -.-

IC2 is a blight unto the modding scene, it should disappear as fast as possible.

edit2: nvm the resonant energy cell doesn't need an MFE. It needs a MFSU. I'm this close to pulling an adwarf now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:11:30 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2015, 02:28:35 pm »

IC2 isn't a blight to the modding scene, but it should disappear as fast as possible, for the same reason that it's good that microsoft stopped supporting XP.
This is the makers of this pack adding more BS expensive recipes.

That said, dont use energy frames, use enderIO capacitor banks.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2015, 03:00:52 pm »

I love IC2 because it is the farthest thing from 'dirt2diamonz' that I've played. I love those expensive recipes, they are so satisfying to complete and it doesn't make the game feel like creative mode + a few thinly veiled hoops to me.

I haven't really been following it lately but, I can't wait for it to get updated for 1.8. I'm gonna have me a Gregtech hard mode hoedown. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2015, 03:17:49 pm »

IC2 is made up almost entirely of hoops. There's a difference between "expensive" and "tedious as fuck", and IC2 is firmly in the latter category.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2015, 04:29:47 pm »

heh

Different strokes for different folks, you are feel to hate on IC2 as much as you like, it really isn't for everyone :) I simply wanted to represent those of us who prefer our gratification to be a bit more hard fought, those of us who enjoy the journey over the destination. I have never managed to finish a GT fusion reactor and that's fine by me. I will always have the stories of my countless attempts.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2015, 04:37:32 pm »

[...]
Also, it seems that you're always on when I'm not :(
Yeah, if I'm not mistaken we're not living on the same side of Earth. :(

Back on the museum topic, I finished the flattening process and I added some pointers to show where walls, stairs, floors and entries will be placed. I have a lot of work to finish this week, so I won't actually start building seriously before several days. Sky, you're welcome to start building if you're interested.

And IC2 is bad, for the reasons Putnam stated.

@greatorder
You can have the massive beam off, and still have the waypoint on.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2015, 04:49:26 pm »

Another reason IC2 is 'bad' is because it actively seeks to punish the user. Picked up a piece of uranium? Congrats! Proceed to die from radiation. Wired something wrong? Boom! Add to that the heavy tiering and the obscene lack of documentation, IC2 is nothing but a pain. It was revolutionary when it came out, but now it's old and needs to be brought around the back.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2015, 05:46:23 pm »

I guess I am just a masochist, those are all the things I love about IC2; don't hold my hand--SLAP IT! So, just take me out back and put me down too :D

Again it's not a bad mod, it's simply is a mod intended for a very specific audience and it is uncompromising in it's focus of intent. I think it's unfair to call it 'bad' simply because you personally dislike the experience it offers. I personally think Tinker's construct is an awful mod that panders to the lowest common denominator but, I would never profess it to be a 'bad' mod simply because it doesn't tickle my personal fancy. It's hugely successful and very well put together but, it's simply not my cup of tea and I won't peg it for that :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2015, 05:51:37 pm »

I'm mostly miffed because I was a very early adopter for IC and now it's caught in cutter hell. I mean, it kinda annoyed me even back then, requiring 3 steps to make wires (get copper, get rubber, put them together), but now it takes 5 (get copper, get rubber, hammer copper, cut copper, put them together). It's completely pointless tedium, not "hard fought".

I think the main problem here is quarries. Quarries forced mod makers to take the difficulty in the mod from resource acquisition to soul-numbing multi-step crafting recipes.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2015, 06:11:38 pm »

IC2 is intended to be automated. You create assembly lines to produce your final product. If you are doing anything other than simply collecting your finished product, you are going about it less than effectively and you pay for it in 'tedium'. It takes work to build this infrastructure but, once it's finished, you are rewarded with goods that no longer take any of your time to produce as it is fully automated. Yeah, there are plenty of other mods that do the same thing but, I personally like that the tome of my journey towards automation is thicker for taking the IC2 path.

I don't do quarries  8)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 79