Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104462 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Operation Orbital Turtle Laser
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2015, 11:38:09 pm »

Well then. Theres a difference between 'use all the mods' and 'make things arbitrarily harder', because Sky's post just sounds dumb.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2015, 11:50:53 pm »

It would seem like I do not own my own mailbox?
McFry, can you please break my mailbox if possible? I may have to replace it or something.

Nevermind, Putnam somehow resolved it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:33:08 am by Ultimuh »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2015, 12:10:47 am »

Well then. Theres a difference between 'use all the mods' and 'make things arbitrarily harder', because Sky's post just sounds dumb.
There's no difference though--before, for a harvester you needed just plastic, steel, and gears and stuff. Thermal Expansion is involved in frame (induction smelter for steel) and the reception coil. Now, you need to build a Magma Crucible (from TE), Fluid Transposer (from TE), Pulverizer or SAG Mill, and get glowstone, redstone, electrum, ender and shiny ore to get enderium, lumium, and signalum for a single harvester for some plant.

This doesn't make you use more mods, it delays the 'fun part' of tech which is automation.

Either way, it doesn't affect me. It's just harder for the rest of you people.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2015, 03:30:35 am »

Why the fuck did they add the most high-end materials in the goddamn game to the fucking MFR machines?

I have plenty of enderium and lumium if I need to, but at this rate you need to build a quarry before you can automate ANYTHING. Complete bullshit and way too hard on new players. Apparently they aren't allowed to have fun until they grind up to a quarry.

E:
Hum, not like I have any idea of what to do anymore anyway :c
not a fucking clue what i should do.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:19:34 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2015, 10:03:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dang, that's one fine tree. I have finally obtained mahogany wood. :3

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2015, 10:25:27 pm »

Is the server down?

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2015, 11:03:31 pm »

No, I'm on it now...

Edit, to avoid doublepost: Does anyone know how to make the Coolant Fluid/Cells for IC2 in this pack? The default recipe doesn't seem to work, and..well. I sure can't figure it out, especially with the crap documentation this mod(pack) has. NEI doesn't help.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:10:06 am by TwilightWalker »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Siege The End
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2015, 11:56:20 am »

Sky and I made a pseudo-inversion sigil! I forgot to take any screenshots, but there were horrible amounts of monsters involved.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2015, 12:24:19 pm »

We put a skeleton in one hole and a creeper in another, then stood so that the skeleton shot the creeper to death. Rinse and repeat until we had all the discs needed. Then 12 different potions and 12 different ore blocks along with 12 smelted things were put into chests and an iron golem sacrificed!

The fight was a bit tough. A ton of monsters from both the overworld and Nether spawn and you have to kill 100 in melee combat. The mobs are all hasted, too, and creepers teamkill a bunch. Flying makes you supposedly take damage, but with the right armor it's possible to survive.

The pseudo inversion sigil has one use: make unstable ingots that are actually stable without having to use 9 diamonds. I wanted it so I could collect 10 unstable ingots to display in my future museum of natural history  :books

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2015, 02:35:55 pm »

Hmm...
Do big reactors reactors explode?

E:
Also, Sky, are you sure your museum isn't going to contain all the records too? :P
(I remember making records near my house back in alpha when there were only two of them, and the goddamn gold record kept dropping instead of the green one ;_;)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:48:21 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2015, 03:04:17 pm »

A Warning to anyone using Osmotic Enchanters. Twilight Forest v2.3.2 (and not 2.3.1 or earlier) has an unforeseen interaction with the Thaumic Tinker's Osmotic Enchanter causing the block to corrupt when you start enchanting. Thankfully the server has a safeguard and will delete the block instead of crashing, but you will lose your enchanter, wand, and whatever you try to enchant. Until the pack updates, just consider the Osmotic Enchanter Offline.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2015, 03:11:30 pm »

Hmm...

E:
Also, Sky, are you sure your museum isn't going to contain all the records too? :P
(I remember making records near my house back in alpha when there were only two of them, and the goddamn gold record kept dropping instead of the green one ;_;)

Nope. Big reactors do not explode. They're damn good machines.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2015, 10:29:38 pm »

Hmm...

E:
There are only 12 types of records, and McFry made a copy of all of them before destroying a set in the ritual. So it wouldn't be too hard to collect them all :D

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2015, 07:16:08 am »

Btw I started to flatten the area behind my farm for the future museum. I have a design in mind that should look good.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2015, 07:27:19 am »

I'll look forward to it. Other than the ingots, my collection is not very complete right now. 47/58 ingots, 15/131 trees. Combs aren't counted yet, and there are way too many bees to collect. I wonder how you would arrange the building so that all the stuff that will be collected can be displayed...

Also, it seems that you're always on when I'm not :(

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 79