Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104455 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Operation Orbital Turtle Laser
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2015, 01:19:00 pm »

What if K1 have gone AWOL?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2015, 01:29:06 pm »

Me and sky both made jetplates.
Holy shit, these things are fast.

E:
Looking into big reactors, it seems that a really bigass reactor would ideally be cooled with Resonant Ender.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:31:41 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2015, 01:30:47 pm »

Oh hey who broke everything?

EDIT: Nobody.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2015, 01:34:45 pm »

E:
Looking into big reactors, it seems that a really bigass reactor would ideally be cooled with Resonant Ender.
Doesn't McFry make a ton of that in the End?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2015, 02:59:14 pm »

E:
yeah, you can almost fly fast enough to outrun chunk loading. I ran into my sky island facefirst because it loaded just before I passed it. Only downside is the jetplate has 500k rf and the only charger available (the energetic infuser) charges at 5k rf/t. Maybe there's some other machine that lets you charge stuff quickly?

While Pox does make a lot of ender pearls in the End, it's not generated fast enough. Right now, I believe generation barely outpaces usage (since it's extruded as both resonant ender blocks and pearls). I recommend an autospawner with Enderman inside that is also augmented with cursed earth to get free essence without having to deal with farm animals :v I have 3 barrels of gunpowder thanks to an autospawner!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2015, 03:04:40 pm »

E:

Gelid Cryotheum is better, but resonant ender is significantly cheaper.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2015, 04:25:06 pm »

Is there a way to make this work with a 32-bit version of Windows? If I try with 1/4 to 1/2 gigabytes of allocated memory, it never finishes. 3/4 and 1 gigabyte crash right at the end of loading, and 5/4 and 3/2 gigabytes crash immediately because of a Java error. When RAM usage is highest, I still have almost a gigabyte unused.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:29:26 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2015, 04:31:47 pm »

Very unlikely, though personally I'd be leaning towards just flat nope considering there is 153 mods involved in Dark Trilogy 1.7.0. Thats quite the signifcant pile of mods to fit into (relatively) tiny amounts of RAM.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2015, 04:46:08 pm »

As far as I can tell, it loads all the mods and then crashes when the Mojang loading screen shows up.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2015, 04:54:03 pm »

E:

Gelid Cryotheum is better, but resonant ender is significantly cheaper.
Cryotheum it is. It can be very easily mass-produced. All you need is snowballs, sand and redstone, iirc

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2015, 09:49:52 pm »

Also need niter from grinding sandstone.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2015, 10:18:10 pm »

OK, I give up. There doesn't seem to be a way to run this with 32-bit windows.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2015, 11:15:17 pm »

What the heck? Why did 1.0.7 change Plastic Sheets to use enderium and lumium?! Seriously? That's just making stuff arbitrarily harder all in the name of "balance". It's harsher on new people, too, because established people already have all the resources to make it.

Now, everyone needs a source of ender pearls to build any Mine Factory machine at all...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:12:54 am by Skyrunner »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2015, 11:19:32 pm »

Yeah, I really wanted to play on this server, but I'm done :\ Its takes far to much time to get anywhere in this modpack especially with 1.0.7 which made it faster for you to hand harvest your food and lumber than to actually build a Minefactory Reloaded Harvester. If my house being half finished detracts from the look of stuff I'll come back on to take it down.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2015, 11:21:31 pm »

When I have 64 bit windows, I'll try again. Until then, though, there isn't a way for me to play.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 79