Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104435 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Boogaloo
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2015, 09:54:37 pm »

I broke a Carpenter machine and now my game is continuously crashing as soon as I log in. The error is "Connection Lost--a fatal error has occured this connection is terminated." webadict alos has the issue, except he looked into the carpenter rather than breaking it.

Any help? :x The console doesn't have any relevant messages.

edit: another message is Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: The current connection has been terminated by the remote host.

edit: I think mcfry will have to move me and web out of the area then delete the entire chunk >_>
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:07:41 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2015, 10:33:09 pm »

Oh, yeah, so it is a problem with your chunk. I'm there too and getting that exact error.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2015, 01:15:11 am »

Looks like the target has been eliminated.

Edit: And Skyrunner confirmed that the spatial anamoly has been dealt with; anyone previously trapped in that region may now log in.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:20:39 am by alway »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2015, 01:21:26 am »

Downside is you will fall down a shaft. If you don't have a way to fly you'll probably die of falling from high places then suddenly stopping.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2015, 01:35:48 am »

Downside is you will fall down a shaft. If you don't have a way to fly you'll probably die of falling from high places then suddenly stopping.

Fill it with water.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2015, 01:51:26 am »

Turtle K2, the second of the turtles, was the one which managed to get to the target. It was recovered intact after completing the mission.

Turtle K1, the first of the turtles, vanished without a trace after losing contact. No signs of K1 have been found since the mission, and a few blocks of a tree it would have dug through to get to the target remain intact, indicating it did not make it to the target.

RIP: K1, second of the mining turtles.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2015, 06:35:15 am »

Neeeeat. Great job guys.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2015, 08:06:10 am »

Hehe, that was an awesome way to get rid of such a problem. Well done people, well done!
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Operation Orbital Turtle Laser
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2015, 09:49:18 am »

Awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2015, 10:14:27 am »

SCP operation complete.  :P

Also, what should I do if it says "Error downloading modpack" when I try to install it?

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2015, 10:17:06 am »

Its probably not the issue I'd hope, but how much free space do you have?
Or did it get interrupted when downloading the pack, perhaps?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2015, 10:18:31 am »

80+ gigabytes of space and nothing interrupted it.

Edit: Here are the last 6 lines of the log:

[09:20:01] [INFO] DownloadUtils.isValid:302: Local: 614827E8870C63976597B5838A8B0084
[09:20:01] [INFO] DownloadUtils.isValid:303: Remote: 9E60C7D024451B3B722B2A8B900A7D18
[09:20:01] [ERROR] ErrorUtils.tossError:34: Error downloading modpack!!!
[09:20:03] [DEBUG] LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater:838: initializeMods: Failed to Init mods! Aborting to menu.
[09:20:03] [DEBUG] Benchmark.logBenchAs:71: UnreadNews Init took 270 ms.
[09:20:03] [DEBUG] Benchmark.logBenchAs:71: UnreadNews Init took 272 ms.

No errors are noted before it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2015, 10:23:13 am »

Not an expert at error logs, but that looks like a checksum of somekind to me. What it downloaded isn't exactly what it expected. Delete TheDarkTrilogy folder if there is one in your FTB folder and try again is all I can think of.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2015, 10:33:03 am »

I tried that. I'm going to try reinstalling FTB next.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2015, 01:14:53 pm »

Turtle K2, the second of the turtles, was the one which managed to get to the target. It was recovered intact after completing the mission.

Turtle K1, the first of the turtles, vanished without a trace after losing contact. No signs of K1 have been found since the mission, and a few blocks of a tree it would have dug through to get to the target remain intact, indicating it did not make it to the target.

RIP: K1, second of the mining turtles.
incidentally, this post mortem reminds me of, say, Mars probe missions, where stuff is sent in pairs and sometimes one of the probes don't make it and go MIA.

Anyhow, I'm going to build a memorial to K1 very soon. :I1

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 79