Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104428 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Boogaloo
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2015, 09:42:36 pm »

All I can do is repeat the stuff said everywhere...

Did you increase RAM used in the launcher ... wait you did, I remwmber yiu saying so. Have you tried 4 GB instead of 3?

Are you sure your pc is using the graphics card,not the integrated graphics? Are the drivers up to date? Have you tried enabling Advanced OpenGL in the options (it might help, it might not)? Are the graphics on lowest, especially trees and clouds? Maybe your PC isn't beefy enough, what are the specs?

It's set to 4GB.

I don't know if it's using the dedicated graphics card, but it should be fine either way. yes drivers are up to date. No  i haven't tried Advanced OpenGL, graphics are on lowest, PC specs are as follows: 1.9 ghz quad core AMD Vision A8-4500M, 8GB of ram, 1GB integrated Radeon HD 7640G, 512MB dedicated Radeon HD 7610M.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2015, 10:34:36 pm »

I'll second Remuthra: 5gb RAM works decently well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2015, 10:47:31 pm »

Well, disabling mipmapping, dropping render distance a bit further, and turning off particles helped somewhat. I think the culprits were the machines near spawn- once i headed up towards Shinotsa and Adwarf's mountainhome, the FPS improved significantly.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2015, 10:52:04 pm »

Updated map. It includes Ultimuh and Nightscar now!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2015, 12:26:14 am »

The cabin is eventually going to be a small settlement of some sort.
I have gotten the smelter up and made myself a hammer.
So now I can begin to mine lots of stone for this town.. or outpost of some kind..

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2015, 12:33:12 am »

I *may* claim the village north of Shinotsa and Adwarf's mountainhome. I love the overgrown look of it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2015, 11:58:19 am »

Question: how do you make microblocks? In NEI, only the Slime Brick has microblocks, and combining the saw with any block at all doesn't  yield items. I'm doing this in singleplayer mode to design a mansion before actually building one, and the lack of notches is disturbing me. I'm even use I saw someone use notches on the server.
nvm i'm dumb, it's not shapeless crafting.

microblocks are awesome, just look at this staircase
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:08:01 pm by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2015, 11:58:33 am »

After building my smelter, I suddenly feel like I lost interest in this project I had in mind.
I am considering moving closer to where everyone else are.
But.. Where?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2015, 01:08:20 pm »

Look at the bay12 server map, find out where everyone is, then pick a nice patch of land to claim as yours!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2015, 01:24:41 pm »

Yes I can see where people are but.. The question was more like.. to which of those locations?
Also.. HOW dangerous is the taint biome exactly?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2015, 01:34:25 pm »

Unless you have good armor and weapons and the ability to fly, chances are...you will die! 

It spawns various monsters like taint tentacles (20 hearts of hp), taint swarms (flies that track you down even if you're 50 blocks away and deal poison damage), and taint slimes. Also, and drops you pick up will disappear after a bit and give uou temporary Warp. Also, the mere act of being near the Taint makes it spread.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2015, 05:25:44 pm »

We haven't updated yet have we?
Nom nom nom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2015, 05:57:49 pm »

Still 1.0.6
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2015, 12:34:58 am »

Hey, just a matter of consideration - if you see someone has a massive mined out mountainhome, maybe it'd be a good idea to not steal the ores from the wall and replace it with cobblestone to make it look like shit? I worked a damn long time on this thing and now it looks like hell because someone got greedy
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2015, 01:09:01 am »

My house is beginning to take shape! And, I'm mining an underground road to Shino and Adwarf's home.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 79