Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: OpenTTD: Signal Finagling simulator, Server Edition  (Read 26733 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: OpenTTD: Signal Finagling simulator, Server Edition
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2015, 06:26:42 pm »

Would I be right in assuming people want a new map? The server's been empty all day and the date is 2041.

Was going to jump on it, but if people want it changed over, I don't mind too much.  If we do change over, could we at least wait until around 9 pm CST Tuesday?  I would have no access between the end of today and then.  I also have a long day Thursday, but by that point I would have had enough time to get things at a point that would be stable.

Considering how we are using Elder Scrolls names, how about we use the Tamriel heightmap in full for the next one?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2015, 06:33:38 pm »

Theres a fuller heightmap than that one? This map was the same size as usual, 1024x1024. Though I'd prefer a bit more water than we have, hehe.

If we do change over, could we at least wait until around 9 pm CST Tuesday?
10 pm EST tomorrow, right?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2015, 06:55:36 pm »

1) Theres a fuller heightmap than that one? This map was the same size as usual, 1024x1024. Though I'd prefer a bit more water than we have, hehe.

2) 10 pm EST tomorrow, right?

1) Ripped the current one from its map.  It's composed of Western Skyrim, Central and Eastern Hammerfell, and Eastern Highrock.  The full one is the first result in google images under 'Tamriel Heightmap'.  May want to cut off some of the black off the westernmost edge in order to get the map a little bit more square, though.

2) Yeah.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2015, 03:54:14 pm »

Forget to put up the server?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2015, 04:06:38 pm »

Forget to put up the server?
Nah, just busy for longer than I'd thought. It'll be up soon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2015, 05:24:24 pm »

So, server's up.

New grfs: Industrial Stations Renewal (for fanciness). Japanese Maglev Set (to help with the tiny group of trains left if you upgrade from electric rail to maglev), Progressive Rail Set (to make it a bit easier to upgrade ye trains.) Readme says this to describe it: "Assuming a progression of Normal Rail -> Electric Rail -> Monorail -> Maglev -> Vacuum Tube, an engine can now run (unpowered) on the generation of rail before it and run powered on its "normal rail" and the next generation of rail."

Mapgen change: Variety distribution to medium. Sea Level at 35%.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2015, 04:07:02 pm »

just seen this thread... do you mind if I join and try to make sense of this transport business?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2015, 04:36:50 pm »

Go ahead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »

thanks! by the way, airships got unlocked.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2015, 12:38:32 pm »

Megabump, but I'm feeling the train itch again. I've thrown up a server, see if you can join. It's called Bay 12 OpenTTD in the server list, password is dwarf. It's running the last set of new GRF's from Aklyons stuff, which you can see below. The year is 1855, hop on!

Spoiler: NewGRF's (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2016, 01:54:48 pm »

Bump since the other thread was bumped. I updated the OP post with some updated grfs and some new grfs that might be neat. Gonna try to make a map for Zan's post first before server-ing, feel free to suggest and/or complain about the newgrfs in the meantime.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2016, 02:21:10 pm »

Bump since the other thread was bumped. I updated the OP post with some updated grfs and some new grfs that might be neat. Gonna try to make a map for Zan's post first before server-ing, feel free to suggest and/or complain about the newgrfs in the meantime.

Don't forget to set the min_active_clients to 1.  The game defaults to 0, meaning the server is always running in an active state, while if there is a minimum count, time only progresses if someone is online.  That should give us a bit more playtime for the early years of the game (which I generally prefer and wish there was a newGRF to push back the dates of late game stuff, maybe with mid-game stuff only starting to come in around current late game and pushing late game that much farther back.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2016, 04:25:47 pm »

Already have that in the config from last time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2016, 05:38:39 pm »

Address from the OP still correct?  I'm not picking up the server.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2016, 06:54:06 pm »

Address from the OP still correct?  I'm not picking up the server.
Its not up, sicne I ended up having to (among other things) setup a tv. Most likely I'll have it up tomorrow, since I want to do some other stuff first.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:56:45 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14