Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: OpenTTD: Signal Finagling simulator, Server Edition  (Read 26731 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: OpenTTD: Signal Finagling simulator, Server Edition
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 07:12:12 pm »

Its been decided in a most decisive fashion, that the amount of trains in 2cc is too damn high.

Whats a good replacement trainset for after this map is done, bay12?  Preferably one that works with firs. Also, min_active_clients is on now. The server will pause when everyone is asleep or is otherwise empty.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 01:02:11 am »

The problem with the trains is that the old ones remain on the list forever instead of expiring, so youre left with a list thats clogged with ancient rubbish trains.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 01:21:59 am »

The problem with the trains is that the old ones remain on the list forever instead of expiring, so youre left with a list thats clogged with ancient rubbish trains.
This. It's not so much a problem with my buses, seeing as there aren't so many in total, but the lack of expiration is kind of silly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 10:23:33 am »

This. It's not so much a problem with my buses, seeing as there aren't so many in total, but the lack of expiration is kind of silly.

There will be zero units in one category (boats? helicopters?) in the late game if you turn expiration on across the board. Many old trains are still better than newer ones after their expiration. 2cc needs to be about 1/5th of what it is because the majority of them are garbage comparatively.

I would say look at NARS2, UKRS2, and/or Japan Railway. Add one of those, set year to 2045, and see how big the list is.
https://wiki.openttd.org/NewGRF_List

NARS2 seems best to me, after looking over those three. None of them have much, or anything, for monorail or maglev. JapanSet + NarrowGauge rail adds some interesting things. They have their own drop down menu. NARS and UK have a third rail grf addon of some sort. Just search "third" and "3rd" in openttd.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:18:55 am by BigD145 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 08:40:27 am »

server is ded

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 11:08:16 am »

server is ded
Indeed it is, I hadn't been expecting that when I looked over here. As good a time to restart as any, I suppose.

So, newgrfs for this time:
av8 Aviators Aircraft Set 2.21
FISH 0.9.2
Hover Vehicles 1.0
FIRS 1.3.0 (full FIRS economy, which apparently also makes the big field farms show back up when I was checking things)
eGRVRTS 2.0-r188
UKRS2
PIPE
Vacuum Tube Train
Vacuum Vehicle Wagon and Train
Squid Ate FISH rc-8
Sailing Ships
OpenGFX+ Trains (provide rail vehicles off, monorail/maglev vehicles on)

In 1875, this leads to 8 trains and assorted train cars, 3 pipeline trains, horse carriages and the first steam trucks, and what looks like most of FISH1 and the sailboats.
In 2045, the entire pipe set is there (the last one is in 2012 apparently), along with the vactube train, 42 normal rail trains (and an assortment of train cars), 54 electric rail trains (also with an assortment of train cars), 4 maglevs and a few maglev cars, and the monorail section honestly looks kinda empty and useless, it has 8 cars and two engines. Theres also all the ships that were in the previous map (in addition to the sailboats), 17 passenger trams, 10 cargo trams, and a lot of road vehicles (but apparently no hover vehicles, according to the readme those don't show up until near 2080). Sound better?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:11:37 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 01:55:41 pm »

Server's up.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 04:55:02 pm »

I am placing a message upon this thread of messages so that in the future I may be alerted to new additions in this line of discussion.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 03:26:03 pm »

Qwerty, I have more income than you.

Coming from a person who can't do anything with trains other than point-to-point.
If you own Great Logistics and Transport, then I think you should get online since something happened, something involving profits tanking and werty magically making more money even when he isn't on the server.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 04:47:03 pm »

Any particular reason for a desert map, or just that it'd look different?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 05:06:08 pm »

less hills and less water means less bridges, less costs and more money
Black lives matter.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 05:07:46 pm »

A desert map would be nifty...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 05:36:02 pm »

I hope you like not having any new trains for decades.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2014, 11:26:11 pm »

As long as the dust clouds thrown up by werty's train legions don't interfere with my aeroplanes, I'm fine with a desert map.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 12:11:50 pm »

So its apparently 2047 on the current server, and while its not going to reboot in 2050 (up to ya'll when we should call it a day) I went and added OpenGFX+ road vehicles and airports to the list for the next one (the road vehicles mostly because why not, but if that would lead to too many buses or trucks, I can disable those individually. I doubt we'll have issues with too many trams, and airports was so we had climate-aware and rotatable airports.), and went to see a very flat, very low sea level default rivers freeform edges desert map. (also, town amount low > very low)

It looks like we have about the same amount of trains, plenty in 2045 and the same 8 in 1880. So, to desert or not to desert? (also werty, how 3 train? :) )
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:14:44 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14