Sinister
- 3 (5.6%)
Haunted
- 3 (5.6%)
(some other boring thing)
- 2 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Lethithelire Abeco Athama: An Elven Fortress  (Read 9979 times)

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Mode: Just because you're [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE]. . .
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2014, 06:56:57 am »

yeah I'm definitely still interested, I just haven't had anything to say. I'm going to be extremely busy for a while so I may not get around to it. Let someone else do the reclaim, and if they fail, I'll do it. I feel I know the mod enough to survive giant eagles now :D

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2014, 08:14:33 am »

Soo. . . anyone still interested?

Let's go, mate.

Also, I say we ignore democracy and go for Joyous anyway.

We need our frickin' War Unicorns.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2014, 02:54:33 pm »

Who isn't interested? This is so cool! The only problem is that you'll probably lose hundreds of warrior Elves, but you'll likely get thousands of migrants to replace them.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2014, 04:15:49 pm »

Let's go, mate.

+1 for joyous and war unicorns.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2014, 04:59:45 pm »

Let's go, mate.

+1 for joyous and war unicorns.
Same
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2014, 08:29:53 pm »

I'll probably gen a smaller world simply for FPS reasons, sound OK?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2014, 09:41:45 pm »

I'll probably gen a smaller world simply for FPS reasons, sound OK?
Sure! I never got the hype for bigger worlds anyway, specially when you're not going for Adventure mode. Even then most larger maps are too big for one single adventurer to make a impact on the whole world, anyway.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2014, 07:47:22 am »

World is genned, I'll get a game going in the next few days.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2014, 11:54:30 am »

Can't wait for it to start!

I plan on being the most useless gem cutter. (If those even exist, if not then some "wood shaper" would work.)
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »

There are gem cutters but they'll be doing a LOT of hauling compared to cutting gems. The starting 7 aren't being elfed, btw, except for myself; most of you have combinations that only work in a mature fort. (The heartsingers and carpenters need to be working nonstop, so we need a dedicated planter, etc.)
GM of Trespassers V2.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2014, 09:39:21 pm »

Overseer's Log: Day 1

We've arrived at a location called Metaltrees by the queen. A bit odd, and rather uncreative given the the presence of metal and trees here, but I digress. It seems to be a reasonably friendly location. We saw some dingo men on the way in, but the unicorns we brought with should do admirably in defending us.

Overseer's Log: Day 14

Things are calm. We've got crops in the ground and walls are just beginning to go up. We accidentally built the trade depot too close, so we had to move it out a bit. That way, we can seal the entrance if need be, though I don't think this bridge will do in hindsight. . .

Day 90

Still pretty peaceful around here. The fort is beginning to take shape and I've designed a system for storing our raw wood the heartsingers have been hard at work creating. I've borrowed a dwarven technique called "quantum stockpiling" using these things, sort of like wheelbarrows with no handles, called "minecarts." I only know the design, though; every dwarf I asked about it when I visited the fortresses either shrugged, mumbled something unintelligible, or reacted as if I asked about some horrible secret and shushed me almost violently. Regardless, the logs will be much easier to access this way, and it will free up much-needed floor space.

Day 102

Four migrants arrived today. I don't know what the glazer, gem setter, and wax worker expected, but they can always be taught to sing wood. The ranger though, he might be useful. He says he's only a novice though, so into the woodsinger corps he goes.

Day 167

The outer wall is nearly done. I've created another high-density stockpile for the crafts that I've ordered created. When the dwarves stop by in autumn, we should be able to purchase valuable goods from them, including picks. I've spent a small amount of time creating sketches indicating our current status.

We haven't created much, but we should be able to get some supplies come autumn.

I made sure to request falcons and rabbits before we left. Falcons are excellent at hunting vermin, and some of my shorter friends have told me not to trust cats. I can see where they're coming from; you can't find them anywhere except in dwarven fortresses. That's not natural. They also told me that rabbits have good leather. How one makes an entire quiver from the hide of one rabbit is beyond me, but I've seen it done.

The walls are nearly complete. We had to move the farms over; the soil simply wasn't good enough to grow crops in on the mountain side of the area. I plan to have the workshops moved down here after a time; we need to build higher first, though, and get enough of these "quantum stockpiles" set up to store all of our goods.

I took a quick census while I was singing. The entire outpost needs to stop by the shrines to pick up wood, so it's fairy effective for now.
(Apologies for the derpy dates, I don't watch the calendar closely.)
Day 210

It's been quiet and we've finally completed the exterior wall.

Construction has begun on the second floor.

Day 216
A dwarven caravan arrived today! I sold some of our crafts for one of those cats, in case we can't keep the falcons inside. I also purchased a "pickaxe." I'm told they're used to strike the earth, instead of enemies. I don't understand it, but they say it's essential for a fortress. It's not like these earrings were doing us much good, anyway. One of the carpenters said he thought he know what to do, though, so he went outside and started doing said striking.

Day 237

We found out that stone can be used to make mechanisms. The bridge can now be raised with an ingenious system the dwarves showed us before they left. (I've been told I talk to them too much.) All you have to do is throw the lever over by the stairs.  We also found some coal and hematite. We can sing wood out of a heart; I wonder if you could get anything out of stone. . . ?

Day 248

Three new migrants. A bowyer, a planter, and a bone doctor, all welcome additions to our settlement. I'm assigning the planter to look into singing stones in his spare time. Hopefully, his research will keep the doctor idle. The bowyer will also learn to sing weapons and armor, which we will eventually need. A giant wolverine kit and a giant badger cub also tagged along. They should be helpful in tearing any invaders to bits.

Day 270

Winter is upon us. Things remain slow, though I've made a few changes that should accelerate the construction of the second floor. Namely, I told a few of the woodsingers to do nothing but shape the wood into blocks and construct things with said blocks.

Day 365

It appears that this is my last day overseeing this outpost. The winter was very quiet. We saw some giant keas fly by, but thankfully the winged menace passed us by. The roof is about 35% finished, and I've told our bowyer to get some practice. I was also told that a message from the queen arrived stating that I was suspected of sympathizing with dwarves. I'm not a dwarf-lover! I simply find their culture interesting! Regardless, I must step down, though if the next overseer needs advice, he must only look to his Advisor.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:56:17 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

panstach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2014, 02:04:53 am »

screenshots, pls

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2014, 05:04:20 am »

Yeah some screenshots are essential to get a feel of how this is going. Also, are you using a tileset?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2014, 05:18:35 am »

Quick question, are you playing vanilla + your mod or MDF + your mod?
I suspect it is the former of the two but i never know.
Also, is there any way to name the king/queen of differect civs? Imagine me as the king of the dwarves. I also would like to know which civs have kings/queens and their profession
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2014, 08:15:02 am »

Vanilla DF + this mod. I'm not currently using a tileset. I will get screenshots up the next time I play.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8