Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What is that metal??  (Read 5015 times)

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is that metal??
« on: September 05, 2014, 04:43:25 am »

I don't know that metal.
And not found in wiki.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry for Grammar.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What is that metal??
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 04:44:24 am »

It's the divine metals, randomly generated for the angels to use.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 06:06:07 am »

How the hell did you get it?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 06:06:48 am »

You don't.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 07:31:41 am »

It's in the list of metals you can smelt, though, so go figure.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 09:46:06 am »

You can obtain armor made from divine metal in adventurer mode by killing the angels who wear it. I've never done it myself, but according to the wiki, it would require Adamantine armor and weapons as well as Legendary combat skills.

Can an adventurer leave things on the ground to make them available to a fortress founded on that ground?

If you want to skip adventurer mode, the mod "Embark Anywhere" might used to embark on top of a Vault.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:09:42 am »

You can obtain armor made from divine metal in adventurer mode by killing the angels who wear it. I've never done it myself, but according to the wiki, it would require Adamantine armor and weapons as well as Legendary combat skills.

Can an adventurer leave things on the ground to make them available to a fortress founded on that ground?

If you want to skip adventurer mode, the mod "Embark Anywhere" might used to embark on top of a Vault.
If you create a fort, then retire it temporarily and have an adventurer leave the metal items in the fort, then they will be available when you reclaim the fort.  I don't think you can just leave them on the ground in the wilderness and have them remain if you start a fort in that spot, but I am not sure. 

Based on the raws people have posted, the new divine metals are not quite as good as adamantine, so there is no advantage to be gained by obtaining them in fort mode.  However, most things people do in fort mode have little to do with improving the survival chances of the fort, so go nuts...

Actually, embarking on top of a vault sounds like a really fun challenge - something amusing to pit your soldiers against.  Does anyone know how to locate vaults?  I've not yet managed to find one, but my impression was they were hidden and intentionally hard to find.  Do you just have to wander around with an adventurer until you bump into one?

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 10:25:52 am »

ႊThank all.
Sorry for Grammar.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 10:51:42 am »

Actually, embarking on top of a vault sounds like a really fun challenge - something amusing to pit your soldiers against.  Does anyone know how to locate vaults?  I've not yet managed to find one, but my impression was they were hidden and intentionally hard to find.  Do you just have to wander around with an adventurer until you bump into one?

^This. I'd like to do some !!science!! on the vaults and the vault dwellers, and beyond using the legends viewer to find a vault and then try to eyeball embarking on top of it, I have no ideas.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 11:07:25 am »

Actually, since camps and stuff will stay on the worldmap as revealed after you find them as an adventurer, maybe they'll show when you use dwarf mode? Haven't actually tested to see if that does anything.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 11:32:18 am »

I found a vault once- completely by accident. It was in an evil plains. Aaaand it had both demons and angels in it, never got to figure out why, my head exploded too fast.

Chaine Maile

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 12:33:04 pm »

This thread should be spoilers tagged, though the spoilers are mostly for adventurers.

My understanding is there is one vault per goblin civilization. I'll give more details once I figure out the spoiler code, or this topic gets a spoiler tag.

Personally, I wonder if each of the generated metals could be dug out of the raws, and given contact syndromes that were well thought out. Flaming sword, anyone?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 01:32:56 pm »

Actually, embarking on top of a vault sounds like a really fun challenge
Too bad it's not actually possible - if there's a vault in your selected location (even if you don't know about it), the Embark command will be greyed out.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Chaine Maile

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 01:38:05 pm »

Wasn't there some cheat that allowed embarks anywhere? Such as over Necro Towers and the like?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 01:41:31 pm »

Hmm... Maybe with that embark anywhere utility? The angels may be a match for adventurers and companions (I managed to go even against a single soldier with five companions and masterwork steel from my fortress), I bet a large group of steel and adamantine clad spear, axe, and hammer dwarves could clear all the way to the archangel. Now the archangel can probably solo a full fortress, considering it's FB size, covered in divine metal, and is rather skilled.

MAKE DEMONS AND ANGELS FIGHT!!! Embark over a vault, and set up some way to have the angels and demons fight each other. I'd imagine this would be a brilliant fight.
Pages: [1] 2 3