Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress [4/12]  (Read 17252 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2014, 03:40:40 pm »

Spoiler: GA-B-001-P-A (click to show/hide)

(If I may clarify, this is what is important in this forum. According to the current charter, any nation may propose a modified version of this proposal, whereupon the Assembly Leader will hold a vote for that amendment. Then, at the end, he holds a vote on whether the final version of the proposal with all passed amendments should be passed. If it fails, any other nation can submit a new budget proposal of their own to begin the cycle again until the Assembly Leader closes the forum or a budget is passed.)
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2014, 03:43:06 pm »

((So we vote after each proposal?))

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2014, 03:45:02 pm »

(You vote on each amendment, and then you vote on the final proposal with all the amendments. Then anyone else can make a new proposal provided there's enough time.)
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2014, 03:46:39 pm »

The Delegate of Teton, a veteran of three world wars, stared at the outrageous suggestion, his left eyebrow raised in perpetual disbelief ( an old wound inflicted to him by a Mirian Grenade). He was a Teton of the old guard, a defender of the Empire and really everything but a diplomat. But here he was, a former Lieutenant General raised (or demoted) to the position of a delegate.

Pah. and Pah again. You can't seriously tell me that your nations can't even bring up the sum of 20 Million Tetonic Mark! (he purposely used his own currency, refusing to acknowledge that these days the Avalian Dollar was the main currency. That is a sum your nations burn yearly on the decadent parties and households of your heads of states! If you refuse to even pay that what are you doing here? he turned to the Avalian Delegate.

I told you from the beginning, we should have invited smaller but more useful nations. Nations which are actually willing to contribute and not just start off this assembly by turning it into a welfare. Teton votes for the Budget of 10 Million Avalian Dollars for EVERY Nation and further moves that nations who cannot or do not want to pay such sums are banished from the general assembly.

Using a silken handkerchief to dab away a tear that ran out of his left eye, Karth sat down expecting the inevitable outrage of the poor nations with a mask of uncaring distaste, while inwardly grinning.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2014, 04:18:10 pm »

Spoiler: GA-B-001-P-A (click to show/hide)

(If I may clarify, this is what is important in this forum. According to the current charter, any nation may propose a modified version of this proposal, whereupon the Assembly Leader will hold a vote for that amendment. Then, at the end, he holds a vote on whether the final version of the proposal with all passed amendments should be passed. If it fails, any other nation can submit a new budget proposal of their own to begin the cycle again until the Assembly Leader closes the forum or a budget is passed.)
(We should get an OOC thread for this.Anyway, I hink we should start voting then..)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2014, 05:01:36 pm »

Minister Fezzik Uharo — Jegula

Uharo frowns slightly at the ex-general's unseemly outburst, then politely clears his throat, addressing the entire Assembly.

: If I may, Supreme Representative Robert, I will begin the procedure according to This Assembly's Charter.

: Jegula votes in favor of Miria's proposal.

Spoiler: GA-B-001-P-M-1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Filing (click to show/hide)

Avalia — Supreme Representative Robert (ebbor)
Teton — Karth von Heimstaett (Ghaz)
New Gavalon: Vin Dong Eel (Varee) Yay
Jegula — Fezzik Uharo (GUNIN) Yay
Rutinde — Sashia Themspion (TCM) Yay
Tirina — Gustav Hertmann (Elfeater)
Olmis — Sor Gaspar de Derrien (Deathsword) Yay
Ethivul — Bin Hook (Playergamer) Yay
Ordia — Morh Diban (Jiharo) Abstain
Zimiateos — Sand dan Glokta (Comrade Shamrock)
Brennar — Chairman Conan (InsanityIncarnate) Yay
Miria — Muska Roko (NQT) Yay
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:04:16 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2014, 05:03:19 pm »

"I support GA-B-001-P-M-1. We poorer countries should not have to fork out such great sums. The Brennic People's Treasury is stretched thin enough, and I cannot imagine what impact ten million would have on the lives of my people."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2014, 05:15:51 pm »

Muska Roko—Miria
: Thank you for taking the lead here, Minister. Naturally, I vote in favour of my proposal.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2014, 05:22:15 pm »

"While GA-B-001-P-M-1 does sound appealing, I must repeat my desire that it be stated beforehand how the budget shall be split between the various sections of the Assembly."
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2014, 05:25:59 pm »

Uharo gestures, trying to placate the representative from Olmis.

: Of course, we cannot allocate the funds until the amount is final. Patience, my lord.

((Anyone else who wants a portrait, just shoot me a PM and I can do a palette swap for you.))

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2014, 05:31:57 pm »

Morh Diban - Ordia

Abstain. Difference in sums provided is not significant enough to warrant serious doubts but we should make sure that First Nations will not use their status of financial donor to leverage unfair advantage.

((We can abstain, right?))
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2014, 06:15:06 pm »

Bin, having watched the discussion go on for a while, clears his throat.

"It is not that countries cannot afford to pay, it's that the money could be put to better uses. For example, though it saddens me to say this, recent bad times have left my homeland's economy in shambles, with protests and riots in the streets. If Ethivul could keep the extra two million dollars, we could use it to improve the economy, and make the country safer."

"Ethivul votes for Miria's amendment."

((autocorrect...i don't understand you. why would you correct amendment to approval))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:44:37 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2014, 06:42:40 pm »

Uharo nods understandingly.

: Indeed. Mother Jegula has the interests of it's daughter nations in mind when it approves this motion. We are honored to provide for them in such time of need. Starting this delegation with such peaceful intentions already at the fore warms my heart and the hearts of my people.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2014, 06:46:30 pm »

"i as the representative from Better North Korea New gavalon agrees with the proposal, i believe those who have more have to contribute more for a better world!"
Vin Dong votes yay
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:04:10 am by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24