Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress [4/12]  (Read 17231 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress
« Reply #330 on: October 09, 2014, 08:09:42 pm »

" I would like to offer the CPJ an alternate perspective. I believe the woman is trying to get rich quick using legal scheme. She just want to get money and cheat out othe honest working worker because she can. I dont believe we should be ruling in favor of an individual when there doubt of motivation. I would like to say that if we rule in favor of the women, i believe there should be NO monetary compensation."
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 09, 2014, 08:58:23 pm »

Bin Hook, Addressing Committee to Promote Justice.

Bin raises an eyebrow.

"We were not discussing giving monetary compensation. We were discussing requiring stricter safety standards and making companies pay for on-site injuries."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 09, 2014, 10:03:21 pm »

On June 20th, the federal Court of Appeals ruled in favor of Barbara Wilson, and ordered that Smiles, Inc. pay Barbara Wilson 142 million Avalian dollars in reparations and back pay, and a total sum of 2.3 billion Avalian dollars in reparations to all of its employees, giving it 12 months to bring the company up to federal standards or it would be shut down.

I am fine with the case going back to the previous court ruling of bringing the company to standard but requiring no monetary compensation, I just assume Master Riko meant the company needs to compensate for any on the job injury. What I suggest is that the company follow the safety standard and any on job injury, past or future, are the employee failure to work safely. The company shouldnt be responsible when people decide to stick their hand into a machine when they decide that it might get them more money than keeping their hand out of the machine.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 09, 2014, 10:57:28 pm »

Bin Hook, Addressing the Committee to Promote Justice

"Ultimately, I feel we should not make a precedent saying it is always either the companies fault or the employees fault. There are always reasons that the employee, or the company, could be at fault. I believe Sir Riko was saying that they merely pay for the medical bills, no more, no less. That way, employees have little reason to injure themselves on purpose."

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 09, 2014, 11:12:42 pm »

"I believe the cost for medical bill can come from the work they miss every time they got "injured" so i still stand with no compensation."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 10, 2014, 04:45:51 am »

Sir Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia: Addressing the Economic Council

"Assembly Leader Roberts seems unable to grasp the very simple concept that the agencies we're setting up operate according to their own charters, and that by the United Assembly Charter we are free to establish them as we see fit, as long as the do not contradict the Charter. Anyway, since Roberts is using scare tactics to influence the vote of his committee colleague, I ask the CPJ to issue a Legal Opinionregarding the matter at hands. In the meantime, we shall proceed."

"In the absence of a representative for Rutinde, the votes are over."

Code: [Select]
                  Aye Nay
EC-CA-001-P01-R-1: 1   3
EC-CA-001-P01-R-2: 3   1
EC-CA-001-P01-R-3: 2   2
EC-CA-001-P01-R-1 and EC-CA-001-P01-R-3 fails to clear a majority and do not pass. EC-CA-001-P01-R-2 gets a majority and pass. As such, we shall now vote on the final proposal. The voting period will be 24 hours or until a majority is certain. Since I think we can agree that this proposal will pass, I urge Assembly Leader Robert to already convene the General Assembly that this bill may be ratified as soon as possible, as well as to pass the budget this assembly will need to operate.

Final proposal:
Spoiler: EC-CA-001-P01-R-2 (click to show/hide)

Despite its reservation as to the merit of Robert's proposals, Tirinia vote Aye.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:52:06 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 10, 2014, 05:12:12 am »

" i dont think we need to hurry with issuing a legal opinion, as the pace of the general meeting. We still have a long long time before making an opinion.

As for the vote for agency , all i got to say is "just get it going" whatever will be better than not having it."

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 10, 2014, 05:44:44 am »

Morh Diban - Ordia
Economic Council

EC-CA-001-P01-R-2 - Aye.

May this first attempt by Assembly to better the world turn out well.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 10, 2014, 06:26:56 am »

von Heimstaett - Teton
Economic Council

Aye to the proposal

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 10, 2014, 06:37:09 am »

"Also the EC might want to deal with giving the employee some money or something before they start complaining again. Maybe give the delegate some snack allowance so they get less moody and wake upthe other   delegate or maybe find some new one. I am amaze that this system is working so well in almost a month we manage to get only one thing done. Also i dont consider changing the charter and so on and so forth anything more than more bureaucracy side track."

Vin dong leans back on his chair and pulls out a stick of chewing gum and start chewing it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 10, 2014, 07:42:05 am »

Sir Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia: Addressing the Economic Council

And with the Teton vote, EC-CA-001-P01-R-2 passes! All that is needed now is for the General Assembly to ratify it, and then, thanks to Assembly Leader's amendment, to vote funds for the agency in the budget.

Now, we might move on to EC-CA-001-P02-R-0, the UAB proposal. Amendments can be offered during the next 24h, or until everyone declare they do not wish to propose an amendment.

Addressing Delegte Ving Dong

Sadly, allocating money to the staff is not in our power, as the General Assembly votes the budget.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 10, 2014, 08:11:32 am »

"Well what i really meant is someone should draft one of those formal proposal thingy as i don't want to make one. The best i could is like everyone who work in this building should get free health care and one week paid vacation to anywhere when they retire and maybe free food and home with in the building and free transport from here to the nearest minimart ......"
And Vin Dong start listing all kind of random thing he think the staff should get for working.

"...Maybe a community sport gym and swimming pool and free tv free phone service, free internet and a common computer. They also need more holiday and less work hour and a line to the prime minister. They might also want some comfy object and free cloth that they wear to work. All the member should get paid marriage holiday and pregnant holiday and child education. ....."

And the list go on and on as he list all the crazy policy New Gavalon deems fit for all of it people.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 10, 2014, 12:03:33 pm »

Morh Diban - Ordia
Economic Council

I'd like to take as a base unofficial (I think, it was) Avalia's amendment to EC-CA-001-P02-R-1  that has not been reproposed yet. I do not presume to argue with Assembly Leader about legality of former section 4, but not granting Assembly the power to affect activity of UAB means ignoring powerful economic and political instrument. While it's obvious that Assembly needs not involve itself intricately in bank's business or approve investitions on case by case basis, having the option to promote investitions in certain sectors of world economy or, perhaps, limit them for some countries whose actions go against noble goals of United Assembly would be a helpful tool in our arsenal.
Spoiler: EC-CA-001-P02-R-1-O-1 (click to show/hide)
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 12, 2014, 02:04:19 pm »

And with this, we move on to discussing and voting the amendments. I'll set up a 48h time limit for this amendment, so that we have time to discuss it in depth.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 16, 2015, 10:37:18 am »

But they never did.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24