Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress [4/12]  (Read 17233 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2014, 07:53:55 am »

Muska Roko—Miria
: Apologies fellow delegates for the delay, let us get the Committee to Promote Justice underway. Now... what were the outstanding legal disputes we needed to settle?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 03, 2014, 08:26:18 am »

"The outstanding issue for CPJ is CPJ-SIvBW-001-D"
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 03, 2014, 09:04:00 am »

"Yes, the whole affair with the dental company, and the property dispute between those two brothers."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 03, 2014, 09:21:34 am »

Humanitarian Committee

I feel this document could potentially form the basis of a complete resolution on the protected rights that every individual in the world should have. Hopefully enough of you agree!

General Assembly

As my proposal requires funding from us, and also a large contingent of our non-delegate staff are complaining about working for free, I think it is now important to vote on another budget. Given that we did not secure one for the previous week, and we need money, would it be possible for a temporary extension to any new budget to which we commit, for example 4 weeks instead of the 1 week we currently have? This would allow us time to amend the charter permanently, while not being bogged down every week arguing over finance.

((edit so you know what the resolution actually is for before reading it))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 03, 2014, 11:32:08 am »

Committee to Promote Justice

Muska Roko—Miria
: First, let us deal with CPJ-SIvBW-001-D. The Mirian position is that there are a number of complaints that have been conflated here, most of which are not relevant for this Committee. Barbara Wilson's payment, though perhaps personally inadequate, appear not to be in breach of Avalian law. Likewise, the truth or falsity of the Company Shop claims and counterclaims are impossible to tell at this juncture. However, the atrocious safety record of Smile, Inc. is something that we can rule on. Smiles, Inc claim the 17 injured and dead were from 'unavoidable' accidents. This is not acceptable! Have they not heard of guard rails, shut-off mechanisms, basic safety procedures? I offer the following legal opinion:

Employers have a legal duty to maintain safe working conditions for employees and that any and all costs incurred by on-the-job injury are to be paid in full by the employer.

As such, we should uphold the Avalian Federal Court of Appeals decision. What say you all?

General Assembly

Muska Roko—Miria
: I would assent to a four week extension on whatever budget we now decide. This would clear up precious time going forward.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #305 on: October 03, 2014, 05:55:50 pm »

Minister Fezzik Uharo — Jegula
: Mister Roko's ideas are well thought and voiced, Jegula seconds the opinion.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 03, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »

" We do not agree with representative Roko's point of view. While it maybe true that it is possible to svoid these sccident, the process is just unreasonable. It is like saying all trafic accident can be avoid by removing all the cars on the street. We see that it is the worker's fault to not be careful around sssembly line and her own foolishness to stick her hand into heavy machinery. And about her pay, we see no reason for her complain. If it is really true that her pay is lower than normal, why would she be still working there? There nothing that force her to stay in her job so if there better pay somewhere else then she probably left smile inc by now. So by deduction, we see that her pay from smile inc is the highest pay she got. If she still want more pay then she should have been better qualify for a better job. Even then we also believe that this complain is partly the government fault. If they manage there resource better and use the company tax fund to support their people like our glory New Gavalon, the problem wouldnt even exist in the first place. But we understand that we cant expect everyone to share our glorious goal and extreme effort to help each and every citizen of Our country.

On other topic, i request that the economic council call to vote on creation of peace gency immediately, to minimise the amount of casualty in Tyland the effort needs to be deploy immediately."

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 04, 2014, 07:53:01 am »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINE: The Avalia World Post

Data Leak Threatens Stock Market
October 3rd, 2014
Avalia's entire stock market has dropped up to 3% on several indices after news broke that a major tech company, VitaLink, the nation's leading cybernetics manufacturer, had suffered a serious data leak. Hackers had gained entry to the company's account database through a back door and had been siphoning information off for weeks before administrators noticed that anything was wrong. The company's stock plummeted in the wake of the announcement, which left some calling for stricter regulations on what safeguards companies must put in place to protect consumer's databases. This incident comes hardly more than a month after VitaLink announced that it had bought out its sole competitor, Strongarm, and that Strongarm would now be VitaLink's prosthetic limb brand.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 06, 2014, 05:25:22 am »

After days of quietly drinking cheap packeted tea with disgruntled Assembly staff members, Morh Diban idly contemplates petitioning Ordian government to establish their own Assembly, preferably with card games and entertainers.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2014, 11:29:59 am »

Sire Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia, Addressing the Economic Council

"Very well, while we do not have a complete agreement, I don't think that further discussions will solve them. As such, I thereby open a 24 hours period for delegates to submit formal proposals, we will then start the discussion and voting process. As a courtesy to our colleague of the Humanitarian Committee, we will discuss proposals regard the Aid agency first, however, I would like to remind them that as we're trying to set up permanent, durable institutions, and cannot simply rush things through. As pointed earlier, they can set up a temporary Program under their own authority if they want faster action."

Spoiler: EC-CA-001-P01-R-0 (click to show/hide)

This is, more or less, the proposal that was forwarded to me by he Humanitarian council. As no objections were raised, I do not suppose it will cause problems.

Spoiler: EC-CA-001-P02-R-0 (click to show/hide)

The new, revamped UAB proposal. The office of Director has been axed entirely as per the Assembly Leader's wish.

Spoiler: EC-CA-001-P03-R-0 (click to show/hide)

The UCM's stripped-down proposal. The currency has been left out as I don't see an agreement happening.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2014, 05:18:03 pm »

Morh Diban - Ordia
Economic Council.

There are no objections on EC-CA-001-P01-R-0 and  EC-CA-001-P02-R-0.
About  EC-CA-001-P03-R-0 I'm still on the fence. It seems like there are two visions for the UCM. In Tirinia's it is a group of countries who have completely opened their markets to each other and joining that group or not is each country's own decision. In Avalia's everyone is in on it and it's function seems to be more of setting standards for trade. I don't see why both of those agencies can't coexist as different institutions.

If we absolutely have to compare them against each other, I'd peg the last one as more appropriate for Economic Council to consider since it concerns everyone in Assembly. First one might as well be called Tirinian Trade League.

However, it is likely that I am wrong. Since we're all in the same room anyway, I'd love to hear opinions from not only other members of Economic Council, but General Assembly as well: what do you think about this free trade zone? Would you join it as it is now?
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2014, 07:55:37 pm »

Vin dong shakes his head.
" the situation we are talking about, Tyland unrest, is by not mean "natural disaster" so the proposal is useless "

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 06, 2014, 08:01:32 pm »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINE: The Queen's Spyglass

Royal Family Looking at Twins?
October 6th, 2014
The news broke last Saturday that the Jegulan royal family may soon be expecting two new members. Photographers had already captured the Princess with what some suspected was a "baby bump," but those suspicions were confirmed by the monarchy's announcement of her pregnancy. There is little doubt that the names and sexes of both children will be forthcoming in the following days.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:04:55 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2014, 06:42:02 pm »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINE: The Avalia World Post

Study Finds Travel Times Lacking
October 7th, 2014
A new study released yesterday found that 40% of Avalians have a commute that is more than an hour long. The study suggested a connection between these lengthy travel times and the rising rates of depression and feelings of discontent among Avalian citizens. The study suggests that Avalia's crumbling infrastructure and lack of high speed rail, as well as a lack of innovation in the automobile industry, is to blame.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 08, 2014, 04:55:03 am »

Sir Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia, Addressing the Economic Council

The time for putting up proposals is over, if Avalia wishes to put forward its own vision for an international standard agency, it'll have to either put up an amendment or wait for a later session of the Council.

Since it is of the utmost urgency, we shall now turn to the first proposal, EC-CA-001-P01-R-0. For the sake of expediency I'll restrict the amendment proposals period to 24h, but I would like to reassure my colleagues that we will deliberate in more details the others proposals.

Now, I will propose an amendment to my own proposal to address the concerns of my esteemed colleague Vin Dong, which should have voiced his concern earlier in the discussion.

Spoiler: EC-CA-001-P01-R-1 (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24