Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress [4/12]  (Read 17259 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2014, 04:02:13 am »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINE: World News Daily

OP-ED: Our New World Order
September 21st, 2014
Tomorrow will officially mark the first week of our world under the international body of the United Assembly. So far, their accomplishments have been… to pass a budget. And that was three days ago. It apportioned a few million dollars from each nation to spend… on what? Even the United Assembly didn’t know. All of that money was put “in reserve,” to be spent as needed, according to the proposal’s text. On Monday, the United Assembly will be tasked with passing another budget, as this one will be out of date. Will they be able to surmount that obstacle in time for the next budget? No one can say. Three delegates were lost in the pursuit, and only one has been replaced.
Meanwhile, wars are on the verge of breaking out, innocents are being executed en masse, Hurricane Jennifer has devastated Tyland, and international crises are popping up like rashes. All of these would certainly be excellent uses for a world government, but the United Assembly remains curiously silent, its proceedings sealed behind closed doors, supposedly to protect the integrity of the delegates from public scrutiny. It’s difficult to imagine the United Assembly even using its powers for evil. Conspiracy theorists may shelve their tinfoil hat, because the United Assembly hasn’t even got any black helicopters to send out. In fact, they have no presence whatsoever outside of their headquarters in New Tral. It’s been nearly a week, and they have done nothing of consequence, and offered no explanation for their silence.
Anti-Assemblers are right that the UA requires more oversight, but the showing on the Assembly’s part is frankly pathetic. It’s not that it might abuse its (unlimited) power, it’s that they owe us answers as to why they have done nothing of consequence so far. We deserve to know what they’ve been doing in there. All twelve member countries need to know why we paid them ten million AVD to faff about for a week. Maybe they’ll shape up in the future and become a global force for good, but as of right now the New World Order is looking pretty disorganized.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2014, 04:47:44 am »

Sir Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia

"We of course vote in favor of PC-M-001-P2-M-1."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2014, 05:22:58 am »

Wait, did we vote on my proposal already?
"Nay to PC-M-001-P2-M-1. Our goal was to add formal recognition of... abstinence? Um."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2014, 05:27:05 am »

((We finished voting on the first, now we're voting on my amendment to the second))

"Surely we had more goals than changing the voting rules for abstaining? Are you going to vote no to all other proposals out of spite, or would you care to explain what you dislike in mine?"

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2014, 05:43:58 am »

((I didn't even realise we were voting. Huh.))

"We may have more goals than that. However, your proposal contains nothing to make abstaining not equivalent to voting Nay, and it overwrites the section that would have otherwise been changed by my proposal. It is not spite, merely my desire for an effective democratic process."
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2014, 05:55:37 am »

"It does not overwrite, it is just a way to present the changes I want made to Chapter 1, Section 2. Also, why would I propose a abstaining change when you proposed it already? If both proposals are voted, we'll just get both changes. Voting for or against my proposals is not going to change anything regarding the abstain question."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2014, 10:11:39 am »

Teton votes in favour of the Delegate of Trinias amendement if the Delegate adds the "Abstains counts as abstains and not Nays"-Rule or whatever was specified in that other proposal regarding that.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2014, 10:39:41 am »

"I do not think I have the right to edit my amendment as it is being voted on. However, if the honourable delegate from Teton vote for my amendment, he might then propose another one with the specified change. "

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2014, 12:58:37 pm »

Earl Robert Roberts of Olmis arrives and takes a seat, reviewing the issues currently under vote.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2014, 02:42:12 pm »

Earl Roberts of Olmis Votes

PC-M-001-P1-B-0: Aye

PC-M-001-P2-M-0: Abstain

PC-M-001-P2-M-1: Abstain

PC-M-001-P3-R-0: Aye

PC-M-001-C1-A-0: Aye

"And may I further support any actions that get this policy committee resolved as soon as possible.  The world is collapsing around us and we are in dire need of calling a Humanitarian Forum to deal with it."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2014, 02:58:27 pm »

"While I appreciate you enthusiasm Lord Olmis, may I remind you that you do not sit on the Policy Committee?"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2014, 03:16:49 pm »

Conan chuckles under his breath.
"In that case, Hertmann, I will change my vote to Yea concerning PC-M-001-P2-M-1.
May I also, unofficially, suggest that we give our proposals informal titles for the purposes of discussion? PC-M-001-P2-M-1 is quite the mouthful to say.
"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2014, 03:20:17 pm »

I think we have the vote to make the amendment pass. Would anyone wants to propose another amendment?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2014, 04:08:47 pm »

"While I appreciate you enthusiasm Lord Olmis, may I remind you that you do not sit on the Policy Committee?"

Lord Roberts turns a bright shade of pink, checks his committee card and shuts the hell up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2014, 07:28:18 am »

Muska Roko—Miria
: I assent to the amendment: it would make the chamber much more... efficient.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24