Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress [4/12]  (Read 17263 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2014, 02:52:44 am »

"Well, if no one else wants to submit a proposal, maybe the chair could start the discussion period?"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2014, 08:57:35 am »

Supreme Representative

Discussion can commence on the first proposed action.

Spoiler: PC-M-001-P1-B-0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PC-M-001-P2-M-0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PC-M-001-P3-R-0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PC-M-001-C1-A-0 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:30:20 am by 10ebbor10 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2014, 09:10:12 am »

Sir Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia

"While I do not think that this issue is as pressing as the rest of our business, I have no opposition to it. If no one object, Tirinia is willing to accept PC-M-001-P1-B-0 as is."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2014, 09:29:50 am »

Supreme Representative Robert - Avalia

Avalia will not support this measure, as it introduces more confusion to the Charter than it resolves. It does not specify how to deal with absent representatives, and it does not change the rules for the adoption of amendements, but does for the adoption of the final measure.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:27 am »

Teton abstains to all amendements. We have more important things to do than argue about procedure.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2014, 10:24:55 am »

"I find myself shocked that a member of the Policy Committee seems to consider the procedures of this assembly a waste of time. What, if anything, would said Committee be for, if not the creation and modification of procedure within these chambers? Perhaps the delegate from Teton should consider stepping down from their role on the Policy Committee and allowing another, less imperious member, to deal with the minutiae of procedure."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2014, 10:39:17 am »

May i remind you Delegate of Zimiateos, that right now a genocide is happening in Vessmir, Galdea and Thollia are on the brink of open war, we have potential maltreatment of workers in Avalia and the thing that you, a delegate from a country in which the average life-expectancy for a standard citizen lies at fourty years due to malnutrition,illness and crime, are more interested in procedure than dealing with more pressing issues first? Maybe it is you who should step down from your position as delegate and let somebody take over who is more concerned with the plight of his people rather than procedure.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2014, 11:00:45 am »

"I agree wholeheartedly that there are more important things than procedure occurring in our world at this very moment, but in these chambers procedure must be followed, else we would be able to do nothing to help the peoples in Vessmir, Galdea, Thollia and Avalia, as well as those suffering from a lack of access to medical facilities in my own homeland. Indeed, as we are both members of the Humanitarian Council, I would look to enlist your aid in calling for a special or emergency meeting to aid our fellows. However, there is no procedure in place to call for such in our charter vis a vis the Humanitarian Council, so we must sit and discuss trivia until such a point as we can.

I appreciate, applaud and absolutely share your desire to help the disparate peoples of the world, but, I repeat, we can do nothing if we ignore the policies set in place by this assembly. I would urge you to take your role on the Policy Committee more seriously, so that we can bring about the changes necessary in our charter to help our peoples in a timely, efficient and, most importantly, an effective manner.
"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2014, 05:44:18 pm »

"I must agree with the delegate of Zimateos, we must set the foundations for this assembly before we can deliberate on this events."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2014, 06:10:09 pm »

Muska Roko—Miria
: Miria assents in full to the first proposal. Abstention should be respected in this assembly and not ignored like our Supreme Representative insists.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2014, 03:19:42 am »

Supreme Representative

Let us then move on to the next proposal.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2014, 08:06:01 am »

Sir Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia

"As I announced precedently, I'll submit my proposals regarding Chapter 1, Section 2 as an amendment to Spoiler: PC-M-001-P2-M-0. These changes are designed to streamline the work of the Assembly without shifting the balance of power within it.

As such, I would like to as my esteemed colleague the representative for Teton to reconsider his policy of abstentions. Right now, abstentions are functionnaly equivalent to No votes, and the change I propose are the very change need to solve the representative's concern and let the Assembly swiftly deal with all the crisis."

Spoiler: PC-M-001-P2-M-1 (click to show/hide)

This proposal allows several committee to meet at the same time, thus letting the Assembly tend to several crises at once. No more shall we have to decide whether to pay attention to pest or cholera, we will be able to deal with the two of them swiftly and efficiently.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2014, 09:16:40 am »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINE: The Daily Trumpet

Separatist Conflict Escalates in Travaal
September 20th, 2014
Tensions in the nation of Travaal have erupted as several different insurgent groups have emerged from the political unrest and begun guerrilla operations. The government has speedily reacted to the sudden outcropping of terrorism in the region, with what some described as “excessive force.” The incident has raised calls for a review of the Travaalian democracy, especially to the neighboring nation of Zimiateos. “The rebel forces highlight what are fundamentally legitimate issues with the Travaalan government,” said Zimiateos Prime Minister Uzoma Afolayan. “Regardless of the actions they commit or the outcome of this conflict, this is a clear mandate for reform within Travaal. This is the result of decades of tension coming to a boiling point. Neither side is innocent here.” (continued on page 3A)
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2014, 03:38:06 pm »

The Chairman snores sharply. He starts tipping sideways, about to fall of his seat, but wakes and catches himself just in time.
"I am disappointed in you, von Heimstaett. You are abstaining, when you well know that abstaining is not officially recognised, and you might as well vote "nay".
"Of course, if you want your abstination to be... worth something, you're going to need to vote "yea" on at least one of these proposals. Sooner or later.
"As to the argument that we need to move on to more pressing matters, say, genocide? Yes, we do. I agree with you. However, we're going to need an effective system to make those decisions, when lives hang in the balance. It's a shame, really. These chambers feel so... distant from the world around us. Why, the Sheeple could be rising from the earth and conquering all the world right now. We don't have a clue."
Conan lies back in his seat once again, and covers his face with a newspaper.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:44:23 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2014, 04:10:26 pm »

Supreme Representative

Well, then, let us continue and vote for this for proposal.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24