Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress [4/12]  (Read 17258 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2014, 02:10:11 pm »

"I would like to remind my esteemed colleague that the time to depose amendments or put up proposals is over. The Avalian proposal got enough vote to pass already anyway."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2014, 02:13:53 pm »

''I vote nay still and will continue the matter by any means necessary.''
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:16:19 pm by Comrade Shamrock »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2014, 02:29:12 pm »

Conan scratches his beard.
"Isn't that pretty much the same as what I suggested?"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2014, 02:10:48 am »

Supreme Representative

Avalia will vote in favour of the current budget proposal, which thus passes.

Now, in order to move matters forward, let us commence a session of the Policy Committee. All participants have 24 hours to post proposals, before the discussion begins.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2014, 03:21:00 am »

"If I may, I propose the following:"

Spoiler: PC-M-001-P1-B-0 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bookkeeping (click to show/hide)

"A small change to the wording in Chapter 1, Section 2 will make abstaining from votes no longer functionally equivalent to voting Nay."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:26:27 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2014, 04:09:26 am »

Muska Roko—Miria
: I propose PC-M-001-P2-M-0, the modification of Chapter 1, Section 2: the removal of the 'Arbitrating Discussion' segment and amendment to 'Calling a Committee to Order.

Miria sees no need for arbitrary limits on proposals or discussion order. This way we may allow more member-led, simultaneous discussions. To avoid endless discussion, we may add the line 'When a committee is called to order, the Assembly Leader may set a maximum length of duration for the committee's discussions of no less than 24 hours.' to the Calling a Committee to Order segment. See the proposed changes here:

Spoiler: New Section 2 (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2014, 06:31:51 am »

"I would like to remind my esteemed colleagues that each proposal may only alter one section of the charter, and that each of us can only put forward a single proposal. However, we can amend each other's proposals. As such, I'll refrain to put forward my proposal regarding Chapter 1, Section 2 now, and will introduce it later as amendment to PC-M-001-P2-M-0 if the honourable member from Miria agrees, and use my action to put forward a change to Chapter 4, Section 2 of the Charter regulating the working of this august Committee.

At the current time we are only allowed to propose change to one section at a time, which could cause problems if for exemple a proposed change neede the concurrent modification of two sections. To remedy to this shocking state of affair, I suggest changing it to allow a member to modify two sections at a time, and to allow several member to jointly present a single proposal modifying up to two sections per proposing members.

The reasons for these restriction being of course that we do not want a single vote to change the whole charter.
"

Spoiler: PC-M-001-P2-R-0 (click to show/hide)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2014, 06:51:32 am »

Muska Roko—Miria
: I am well aware of what Chapter 4, Section 2 of the charter states: I am proposing a modification to a single section, specifically Section 2 of Chapter 1, so your amendment is quite unnecessary.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2014, 06:56:30 am »

"Oh, I think we have a misunderstanding. Of course your own proposal is perfectly valid, and, may I add, one I support. What I meant is that I intend to use the amendment loophole to piggyback my proposals regarding Chapter 1, Section 2 on your proposal using an amendment later on, thus freeing my action to propose an unrelated change to Chapter 4, Section 2. You will note that this way, I also open the way to other members to propose change to the working of this Committee."

((Also, can I have an avatar? Maybe an unblurred version I could modify myself?))

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2014, 07:04:27 am »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINE: Gavalonian Eye

Genocide Continues in Vessmir
September 18th, 2014
Human rights officials say that the Vessmirian government continues to deploy lethal force against the Yalgians that are native to much of the land within its borders. The state's economic partners Miria and Brennar have turned a blind eye to the massacre, with media in both nations portraying the conflict as an overburdened federal government struggling to control nationalist rebels and terrorists. Yalgian civil leaders have appealed to neighboring countries for refuge, but momentum is slow, and with the situation worsening every day, it seems likely that not many Yalgians will escape violence and genocide at the hands of the Vessmirian army.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2014, 07:26:08 am »

Muska Roko—Miria
: Ah! My apologies for the misunderstanding, do continue.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2014, 10:20:56 am »

((Also, can I have an avatar?

Maybe an unblurred version))
((Well I said you could PM me if you wanted an avatar. :v))

((:I))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2014, 02:55:29 pm »

((Sorry, I didn't remember who was making them.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2014, 01:42:16 am »

Ambassador Corban van der Cord, Zimiateos

The new Zimiateos representative enters the chamber, taking his place to introduce himself:

"Esteemed colleagues, I am the new ambassador for the fair nation Zimiateos. My predecessor was recently taken violently ill and can no longer continue their duties in representing the Zimiateon people in this council. I can assure you that the rumours of their hospitalisation as a result of an attempt on their life are absolutely untrue, and were the result of a severe allergic reaction to a poorly prepared local delicacy, made from the extracts of several poisonous plants indigenous to our nation.

Our government has chosen me to replace them, and I will serve our nation, and the people of the world, with the same degree of decency and humility for which my predecessor was known. I look forward to helping make our world a better, fairer place alongside you.
"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2014, 02:04:37 am »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINE: The Rutinde World Diary

Galdea/Thollia Border Standoff Continues
September 19th, 2014
The dispute over where the border between Galdea and Thollia lies continues to escalate, with both sides reporting increased military presence on either side of the no man’s land that lies between the two alleged borders. Neither side has yet set foot into the no man’s land, as the opposing nation would likely consider it an act of war. Civilians continue to live there, but without utilities or support from either government, life in the no man’s land is unpredictable and unpleasant. The standoff began in March, when Thollia disputed the established Galdean border and moved troops into the area it claimed actually belonged to Thollia. Galdea responded with its own military occupation, resulting in a short skirmish in the area that left occupants living in the region fleeing into their homes as gunfire erupted in the streets. A temporary truce was quickly drawn up that established the current no man’s land, but no agreement has been reached between Galdea and Thollia as to where the border actually lies.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24