Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress [4/12]  (Read 17247 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2014, 06:48:18 pm »

I think I will have to bow out of this game, with school and all, sorry guys.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2014, 09:20:28 pm »

"i as the representative from Better North Korea New gavalon agrees with the proposal, i believe those who have more have to contribute more for a better world!"
Vin Dong votes yay
(Varee, check the OOC thread for a message diracted at you)

"In light of Minister Fezzik's assurances that budget allocation will be discussed in this Assembly, I give my approval to GA-B-001-P-M-1 on behalf of my nation."
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2014, 10:00:04 pm »

The Reutindian Delegate speaks up, "I cast my vote in favor of the proposal."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2014, 10:17:20 pm »

Spoiler: Voting Progress (click to show/hide)
7 Yay
0 Nay
1 Abstain
3 Uncast
(Ghaz, ebbor, Shamrock)

And Elfeater is in limbo.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:18:58 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2014, 01:22:32 am »

Conan leans back in his chair and grins broadly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2014, 01:50:36 am »

PTW.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2014, 02:44:29 am »

The General is aghast at such outrage. Half the countries voting yay, were neither poor nor had any reason not to pay the money. Brennar while the country with the largest population was an industrial superpower on the rise. That COuntry was richer than his own. And many of the others had a GDP that could match that of his. He stood up once again.

I formally want to amend this...proposal. Many of the countries here seem to assume that only because Teton, Avalia and Jegula are the first Countries to join the United Assembly, they are also the richest. Which is not true. May i remember the Assembly that the GDP of Brennar is almost triple that of my own Country with 11 TRILLION Avalian Dollars? Many of these Countries are even sitting in the Economic Council!

This is clearly a weak attempt to make the First Nations pay more. Thus is request in an attempt to avoid profiteering from this proposal the following amendement:

Spoiler: GA-B-001-P-T-2 (click to show/hide)

Truly poor nations are saved even more of the expenses while their lacking contribution is carried by the vast majority instead of a few nations. This would also take away the character of a welfare from a few rich nations to a few poor nations and give the picture of a united assembly of nations helping each other for greater prosperity!

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2014, 03:55:05 am »

Morh Diban - Ordia.

General's proposal makes sense. Some naysayers might portray it as an attempt to wiggle out of being one of the few big payers but not taking in account size and wealth of member states would be criminally unfair. Burdening Zimiateos with the same contribution as Rutinde or Tirina is a joke and a bad one at that. Ordia will support amendment GA-B-001-P-T-2.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2014, 04:23:49 am »

Chairman Conan stands up and brushes invisible dust off his suit before speaking.

"GDP is not the only measure of a nation's wealth, good General. And in this instance, it is a poverty of influence. Brennar does not sit on the Economic Council. Brennar is not a First Nation. And I'm sorry to say it, but our money has better places to go than to fund the jackanapes who sit in their highchairs and dictate how the rest of us should behave.
However, I do see your point, and therefore propose the following:
"

Spoiler: GA-B-001-P-B-3 (click to show/hide)

"These contributions overlap. Brennar has a seat on two secondary councils, plus our seat in the Assembly, putting Brennar's total contribution to twelve million Avalian dollars. This is more than would be contributed by us following your proposal.
My proposal has the advantage of giving the Assembly more money to work with, and does not needlessly penalise those countries who may be both poor and impotent.
"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:21:11 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2014, 04:38:17 am »

Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia

As delegates trade invectives in the Assembly Hall, the right hon. Sir Gustav Hertmann, EUIV, KSP, CDDA, is fast asleep, having spent the last night negotiating most important treaties with executives from the leading blackjack, hookers and whisky companies, in the finest tradition of the service.

His aide discreetly step behind him and nudge him.

*nguuuuuuh?*

"The Foreign Office just sent your brief Sir." said he, handing over a sheet of paper.

"Oh, yess, uuuuh..." setting his glasses right, Sir Gustav start reading from the paper
"Ah-em. My dear colleagues, I am appalled, a-palled at the current spectacles. This Assembly was convened to discuss the most important and pressing issues concerning our planet, and yet we argue like fishmongers about who shall pay the typist's salaries.

At this rate, we will need to start discussing next year's budget before we finish voting this one. We cannot let this Assembly be bogged down in endless budget squabbles. As such, we propose establishing a fund whose interests will be used to fund the Assembly. The initial outlay would be larger, but we shall never have to discuss administrative budgets again. In addition, it would make the Assembly financially independent from donors."

Spoiler: GA-B-001-P-R-4 (click to show/hide)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2014, 04:54:44 am »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINES: Jegula International News, The Avalia World Post

Dental Lawsuit Continues to Escalate
September 16th, 2014
After the ruling of the case of Smiles, Inc. v Barbara Wilson in the Avalian Supreme Court earlier this month in favor of Smiles, Inc., representatives of plaintiff Barbara Wilson say that they plan to appeal the case again, this time bringing it to the newly established Committee to Promote Justice within the United Assembly, which claims international jurisdiction. They say that since Smiles, Inc. is an international corporation, the only entity that can reasonably bring it to justice is an international court. A legal representative for Smiles, Inc. indicated that the company plans to continue battling the suit.
The lawsuit was filed in April, when Barbara Wilson, then an employee of Smiles, Inc., alleged that her working conditions were poor, her benefits were abysmal, and she was paid less than her male colleagues. This appeal is the final step in what has been a lengthy and bitter fight through the entirety of the legal system. Representatives for the United Assembly say that they will receive a detailed court history, as well as a written case by both the defense and the prosecution, and will vote on a decision during the next forum of the Committee to Promote Justice. Meanwhile, some critics say that the CPJ is not a legitimate court, and does not have the authority to make legal decisions. It does not appear that Smiles, Inc. intends to challenge the legitimacy of the Committee at this time.

Smiles, Inc. Hints at United Assembly Contribution
September 16th, 2014
A spokesperson for the embattled Smiles, Inc. today announced that the company was considering a sizeable contribution of 500 million Avalian dollars as a public display of support for the newly founded United Assembly, but that plans have not been finalized. “We are not committing to this,” the spokesperson said. “We’ll see how things go.” This announcement comes in the midst of a protracted legal battle by Smiles, Inc. and the recent decision by… (continued on page 5)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:09:45 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2014, 05:09:28 am »

Vin Dong "I would Like to remind the assembly to keep to one ammendment/issue at a time. We should put previous issue up to vote before suggesting a new amendment. On the topic of budget issue we should refrain from suggesting our own idea as that will likely leads us nowhere."
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2014, 05:13:02 am »

"I must say the current system doesn't work very well. I propose that once the budget is voted, the Policy Committe convene to edit the procedure so that every one can propose amendment for a given period and we then vote all of them."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2014, 05:14:42 am »

Muska Roko—Miria
: Delegates, please! One amendment at a time! With a majority of 7 votes, GA-B-001-P-M-1 passes. Now we can vote on General Heimstaett's GA-B-001-P-T-2 proposal.

: While I admire the aims of this proposal, to lower the burden for poorer nations, the outcome would be to lower the proposed budget by 20 million AD. as such, Miria cannot support GA-B-001-P-T-2. While I'm at it, GA-B-001-P-T-3 should also be dismissed, as it would unduly punish poorer nations from joining more committees in future. Also, is the country-code for that proposal even correct?

: Regarding Sir Hertmann's  GA-B-001-P-R-4 proposal, while I admire the desire to step away from budgetary bog down, now there is a majority in favour of the Mirian amendment I don't find it a necessary step. And I'm sure many of us here in the chamber would not wish to unduly burden the Economic Council with another duty. So this too does not get my consent. Supreme Representative Robert, would you bring this chamber to order!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2014, 05:22:01 am »

Sir Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia

"In order to speed up proceeding, we will retract amendment GA-B-001-P-R-4. We also abstain on all other amendments."

Switching colours since maroon is already taken.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24