Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shallow Space Balance Discussion  (Read 766 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Shallow Space Balance Discussion
« on: September 04, 2014, 02:02:19 am »

This thread will be used by me to float ideas for balance and additions to the card game created by shad0wdump, Shallow Space. The main game thread and rules are here. This is thread is purely to avoid cluttering that with discussion about future games and rule changes. This is also the ideal place to ask about hypothetical decisions and tactics that may or may not be relevant to you as a player of Shallow Space. Describe your situation here and I'll suggest courses of action you could take, or their consequences. My main goal in taking over work on Shallow Space is to refine the game to be more fluid and tactical for the players, allowing them to execute more complex and amusing plans.

Here are two proposed cards that I am considering for the next version:
(Crewman) Morphfiber: This card can be played to become any other card in the Crewman Cards deck.
(Captain) Requisition Order: You may choose a (non-Requisition Order) card from either the Captain Cards deck or the Crewman Cards deck. On your next turn, the chosen crew member on the same ship as you will draw that card from the deck instead of whatever is on top.

I would appreciate feedback on them, as well as your own suggestions for cards or balance changes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:23:35 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles